Darrelle Revis is going to do more than just help out in pass coverage

arsenal1189

Darrelle Revis, considered by many the premier cornerback in the 2007 NFL Draft, is going to do more than just help out the pass defense. He is going to help open up the defensive playbook in the next coming years, especially for star safety Kerry Rhodes. Teamed with Andre Dyson at cornerback, the two players could free up space for Coleman, Rhodes, and Eric Smith (coming of the bench). There are many new and current reasons as well [with the new rule changes] that make Revis a huge advantage to this defense.

I

I completely agree with 99% of this post. I mentioned this in another thread that Revis being able to be man to man will allow Rhodes to jump in the box. This I feel will be a huge improvement to not only the run game, but to turnover differential if Mangini can scheme blitzes. The only thing I disagree with is the ability for Coleman to help out on the deep routes. His biggest problem since he's joined the league is that he gets out of position giving support on the deep ball. He has a nose for the ball and is around it, but it is that same aggresiveness that has gotten him burned. I definitely another year in the system and another year of maturation (Going into his 3rd year), he can limit his mistakes and really be the steadying force when Rhodes plays more of a roaming safety.

He'll help in one area, special teams, he can't play cornerback to the level of even Justin Miller, they are identical prospects in my eyes.

I like you man, but I really think that you should consult you local eye doctor.

magoo.jpg

I've seen him play (yes I can see) and he is nothing more than a special teams player, he is a mediocre at best cover man.

I'm sure you told this to Mangini before the draft, i'm suprised he didn't listen. If i were a head coach in the NFL i would listen to the ignorance on fan websites for insite. All i'm saying, is i'm surprised he didn't PM you before he traded up for Revis.

Now we're screwed. We need you SJ, we need you.

He'll help in one area, special teams, he can't play cornerback to the level of even Justin Miller, they are identical prospects in my eyes.

Shows how little you know...

Miller is/was a RAW prospect with a ton of talent but not very refined skills...

Revis is a refined prospect with refined skills... he may not have as much raw talent but overall is a better player...

Why is everybody on Shadow's case so hard? Don't all you guys know for sure that Ted Ginn Jr. will be a bust? Everybody knows that Mangini & Tanenbaum didn't make ANY mistakes in the '06 draft. Did they?

FWIW, I don't agree with SJ35. I think Revis will be a big help at corner, but I'm hoping he can help out in zone and run support. I don't expect a shutdown man-to-man cb from day 1.

Darrelle Revis, considered by many the premier cornerback in the 2007 NFL Draft, is going to do more than just help out the pass defense. He is going to help open up the defensive playbook in the next coming years, especially for star safety Kerry Rhodes. Teamed with Andre Dyson at cornerback, the two players could free up space for Coleman, Rhodes, and Eric Smith (coming of the bench). There are many new and current reasons as well [with the new rule changes] that make Revis a huge advantage to this defense.

I

So your eyes are better than the eyes of every NFL scout who thought he was the best CB prospect in the draft?

Have fun explaining that.

I'm busting his chops because it looks like he did a cut and paste job.

That's not very nice; this guy obviously put a lot of time and effort into this and you accuse him of plagiarism? Did someone figure out Gainzo's password? Besides, there are enough grammatical errors in there to realize it did not pass a professional editor's desk. I am not knocking arsenal, but there are some errors there, and you would not see that in a pro piece. C'mon man, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. :)

That's not very nice; this guy obviously put a lot of time and effort into this and you accuse him of plagiarism? Did someone figure out Gainzo's password? Besides, there are enough grammatical errors in there to realize it did not pass a professional editor's desk. I am not knocking arsenal, but there are some errors there, and you would not see that in a pro piece. C'mon man, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. :)

Do you, me or anyone else start a post like this:

Darrelle Revis, considered by many the premier cornerback in the 2007 NFL Draft, is going to do more than just help out the pass defense.

I don't think so. I call shenanigans.

Do you, me or anyone else start a post like this:

I don't think so. I call shenanigans.

Hey, I am not familiar with the guy's life work, but maybe he felt it his personal duty to speak to us peons as though he is the utmost authority. Whatever, I could care less, but you could play a little nicer is all.

Hey, I am not familiar with the guy's life work, but maybe he felt it his personal duty to speak to us peons as though he is the utmost authority. Whatever, I could care less, but you could play a little nicer is all.

Why would I play nicer? The bloke obviously ripped off this fluff piece and claimed it as his own.

Why would I play nicer? The bloke obviously ripped off this fluff piece and claimed it as his own.

Ok, OK, I was not trying to crap on your crackers, mate. Carry on; rip the guy to sheds for all I care. Hell, I'm with ya now; down with arsenal!

Ok, OK, I was not trying to crap on your crackers, mate. Carry on; rip the guy to sheds for all I care. Hell, I'm with ya now; down with arsenal!

Its all good. Arsenal is nowhere to be found.

Gainzo-

You have nearly 6,000 posts on this site - instead of posting nonsense so damn often, why don't you take some time in between posts to read some of Arsenal's previous posts before you accuse him of being a plagiarist?

If you have ever read his previous posts, you'd know that he tends to go into great detail on a variety of subjects. For a young kid (is he even 18?), he knows his football.

Gainzo-

You have nearly 6,000 posts on this site - instead of posting nonsense so damn often, why don't you take some time in between posts to read some of Arsenal's previous posts before you accuse him of being a plagiarist?

If you have ever read his previous posts, you'd know that he tends to go into great detail on a variety of subjects. For a young kid (is he even 18?), he knows his football.

I have plenty of posts here and I don't post "nonsense"

I can't recall reading any of Arsenals posts.

Until Arsenal comes back and says that he/she wrote the article I call shenanigans.

Gainzo-

I think andy needs to put gainzo in the cell tonight. Must have hit it early and often today.

I have plenty of posts here and I don't post "nonsense"

I can't recall reading any of Arsenals posts.

Until Arsenal comes back and says that he/she wrote the article I call shenanigans.

Gainzo you don't have to be like this... read any of Arsenals previous posts, and then drop it.

Archived