"Bush League"

nj meadowlands

You know... I was thinking.

Ever since the A-Rod "incident" against the Blue Jays, the term "bush league" sure has been tossed around a lot. But you know what... what A-Rod did was a head-y play. It could be argued that the "HA!" was the culmination of trying too hard. It may not have been the most orthodox or adviseable way to do things, but his intentions were to help the team win.

Now...If I were to call something BUSH LEAGUE, I would say that getting your ass benched for consistently not running out ground balls is bush league.

And some of you Met fans will crown Reyes the NL MVP and continue to trash on Derek Jeter. Ha.

Just sayin'.

I don't watch the Mets, because I could care less what they do. so I didn't know Reyes was being lazy (not running out grounders with his speed?). but everybody should look at the defensive players when Jeter runs out groundballs hard, it puts a lot of pressure on the defenders and has led to bad throws on several occasions. Reyes should be fined and get his pay docked for that ****. it's unacceptable.

Who cares? Lugo's Better! Lugo's Better!

A bush league transgression is doing something against the common accepted behaviors of the sport. A player loafing is hardly one.

Reyes deserved to get Yanked. Mets fans have no problem admitting it.

Willie knows down the road he is a leader on this club and took the correct action.

This has never been a pattern with Reyes so hopefully message received. Reyes nor manager also to their credit did not deny the infraction or wordsmith it as we so often see on the YES post game.

"Yeah, I think the ball was going to be foul," Reyes said. "But we still have to run. That was my fault there.

"But that thing could happen to anybody. Hopefully it [doesn't] happen the next time."

The manager knew he could've simply dismissed the move as a double-switch, since Reyes made the last out and Aaron Heilman came on to pitch the eighth. Randolph didn't, because he said he wanted his message to be heard loud and clear.

"A guy like me should run the ball [out] every time with my speed," Reyes said. "When I slow down a little bit, like I said before, it's not gonna look good."

Who cares? Lugo's Better! Lugo's Better!

A bush league transgression is doing something against the common accepted behaviors of the sport. A player loafing is hardly one.

Correct but if I say that then the Yankee faithfull takes it as two sets of rules.

Bush league is the purse slap and the I got it or whatever ARod yelled.

Anyway very nice win for the Yanks last night against a team that usually owns them in spite of Andy being alarmingly bad again.....Mets bats going cold as well though Pelfrey took a small step improvement wise.

The ARod and 06 MVP HR race is getting closer.

Difference between Mets fans and Yankees fans:

Mets fans understand what Reyes did was wrong and he deserved to get benched.

Yankee fans would never accept that their "star" player did anything wrong and defend him to the end.

Reyes should be benched today as well. He didnt hustle in the 6th, doesnt run in the 8th, willie benches him for 1 inning in the field AND DOESNT TELL REYES HE'S BENCHED BECAUSE HE DIDNT RUN! Willie sucks as a manager. Bench Reyes, but of course he wont, because who's going to play, Ruben Gotay???

Reyes has lacked hustle many times in his short career. Jeter is a professional and always works hard. If Jeter didnt hustle on a play I would be stunned. Reyes is just another ballplayer from this me-me generation.

Is Fake 80 really going to spin this as if Slappy isn't the epitome of a Bush League baseball player? Slappy's latest transgression amounted in him potentially being hurt...when he ran past Morneau 3 nights ago and pushed him in the lower lumbar region of his back in an effort to reach 1st base safely. The man is incapable of NOT being cheap and dirty.

With all that you can say about A-rod, especially this year, why the hell would you say something as insane as "A-rod is a heady player...not bush league"

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/baseball_basics/lingo.jsp

bush -- Also "bush league." An amateur play or behavior

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_League

Bush league is a general term used to describe an action or thing as being amateur

inferior or crude.

What Reyes did was not hustle. That isnt bush league. If it were, there are plenty of "bush leaguers" on every MLB team, including the Yankees.

Is Fake 80 really going to spin this as if Slappy isn't the epitome of a Bush League baseball player? Slappy's latest transgression amounted in him potentially being hurt...when he ran past Morneau 3 nights ago and pushed him in the lower lumbar region of his back in an effort to reach 1st base safely. The man is incapable of NOT being cheap and dirty.

With all that you can say about A-rod, especially this year, why the hell would you say something as insane as "A-rod is a heady player...not bush league"

You mean like you're spinning? :confused0058:

Correct but if I say that then the Yankee faithfull takes it as two sets of rules.

Bush league is the purse slap and the I got it or whatever ARod yelled.

Anyway very nice win for the Yanks last night against a team that usually owns them in spite of Andy being alarmingly bad again.....Mets bats going cold as well though Pelfrey took a small step improvement wise.

The ARod and 06 MVP HR race is getting closer.

Bull****. BUSH LEAGUE is not playing the game balls out when you're paid millions to do so.

Hey Huge Joke, this thread is about Reyes. Thanks for playing.

Hey Huge Joke, this thread is about Reyes. Thanks for playing.

If JinxBosoxfan ever makes a post without referring to the Yankees I would get down on my knees and blow every JN poster. :P

Well Max probably does that already but you get the point. ;)

If JinxBosoxfan ever makes a post without referring to the Yankees I would get down on my knees and blow every JN poster. :P

Well Max probably does that already but you get the point. ;)

Either you REALLY hate that I constantly expose that fraudulent organization and make it's fraudulent fans cry on a daily basis by shattering their pipedreams...

or you REALLY want an excuse for taking a mouthful of smizzy's junk???

I could go either way on this one.

Either you REALLY hate that I constantly expose that fraudulent organization and make it's fraudulent fans cry on a daily basis by shattering their pipedreams...

Do you really think YOU are the one who has shattered yankee fans' dreams?

Do you really think YOU are the one who has shattered yankee fans' dreams?

I think it's you that has shattered everyones dream. We all had a dream of enjoying the baseball season. Reading your dribble has pissed all over that dream.

Difference between Mets fans and Yankees fans:

Mets fans understand what Reyes did was wrong and he deserved to get benched.

Yankee fans would never accept that their "star" player did anything wrong and defend him to the end.

Jeter is a professional and always works hard. If Jeter didnt hustle on a play I would be stunned. Reyes is just another ballplayer from this me-me generation.

I agree with this. Maybe Reyes' All-Star status has gone to his head a little.

Jeter has always had an admirable attitude towards playing, and I have no problem with him. I enjoy watching him play the game. And anyone who gets to pork Jess Biel is A-1 in my book.

LMAO Jinxy...you're making the mistake of thinking that I actually give a damn what you say.

I'm just making an observation that you seem to be so obsessed with the Yankees that you can't make a single post without mentioning them.

Bull****. BUSH LEAGUE is not playing the game balls out when you're paid millions to do so.

Jeter's take in todays post:

Q: Players you would pay to watch?

A: Jose Reyes; Chone Figgins; Grady Sizemore ... those are guys that play the game hard, they play it the right way, and they seem to enjoy themselves while they’re playing.

</B></I>

He's right about Grady and Chone, those guys are fun to watch, not saying that reyes isn't but from what I've heard he doesn't play with full intesity.

Don't you mean from what you've heard in THIS THREAD?

Reyes messed up. Not hustling is inexcusable. But he's still among the most exciting players to watch, whether he's racking up the stolen bases or extending doubles into triples. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt at this point, and am confident he's gotten the message from Willie Randolph.

Don't you mean from what you've heard in THIS THREAD?

Reyes messed up. Not hustling is inexcusable. But he's still among the most exciting players to watch, whether he's racking up the stolen bases or extending doubles into triples. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt at this point, and am confident he's gotten the message from Willie Randolph.

Don't even bother trying to make a point to ShadowJet. He will simply come back with a witty, "Yankees have won 26 World Series" response.

Archived