Greetings from Toronto

Mavrik

Hey all,

Just thought I would drop a line. I'm in Toronto right now for the weekend staying at a hostel with some friends. Toronto is a beautiful city. Makes Detroit look like Dresden after WWII.

Anyways, we're trying to figure out what to do today so can anyone whos visited Toronto offer any suggestions for places to go/bars? (maybe VanDoug although I know he lives in BC) Besides the CN tower, which I'm not really keen on going to, we're trying to figure stuff out. THe U20 FIfa world cup is in Toronto and throughout Canada but tickets sld out.

Been a few years since I was there, but here's a couple of sports bars worth checking out. Shoeless Joes (on King St, I think) and there's Gretzky's not far from the Air Canada Centre. If your into watching naked women go to the Brass Rail, might see A Rod there, who knows?

Hey all,

Just thought I would drop a line. I'm in Toronto right now for the weekend staying at a hostel with some friends. Toronto is a beautiful city. Makes Detroit look like Dresden after WWII.

Anyways, we're trying to figure out what to do today so can anyone whos visited Toronto offer any suggestions for places to go/bars? (maybe VanDoug although I know he lives in BC) Besides the CN tower, which I'm not really keen on going to, we're trying to figure stuff out. THe U20 FIfa world cup is in Toronto and throughout Canada but tickets sld out.

Sneak in.

Been a few years since I was there, but here's a couple of sports bars worth checking out. Shoeless Joes (on King St, I think) and there's Gretzky's not far from the Air Canada Centre. If your into watching naked women go to the Brass Rail, might see A Rod there, who knows?

Thanks Doug. Our hostel is on Adelaide, which I don't think is too from King STreet, so I might check out Shoeless Joe's. Walked past Gretzkys also but assumed it was just a restaurant.

Thanks Doug. Our hostel is on Adelaide, which I don't think is too from King STreet, so I might check out Shoeless Joe's. Walked past Gretzkys also but assumed it was just a restaurant.

Some Canadian sports type places can have a bar area and a restaurant area, or it can be just one big room where it's cool to go in for drinks only.

Have fun.

Archived