Tough Loss for the Yankees

Gainzo

Hope you enjoy that when the tigers destroy you in the playoffs...

They're not going to destroy me. They may beat the Red Sox, but my life (or lack thereof (you're welcome, Shadow)) will go on.

They're not going to destroy me. They may beat the Red Sox, but my life (or lack thereof (you're welcome, Shadow)) will go on.

LOL. You can say It's nice being 20 over like YOU are 20 over but if they lose you're only a fan. Nice.

LOL. You can say It's nice being 20 over like YOU are 20 over but if they lose you're only a fan. Nice.

I am only a fan. A fan of a team that's in first place. It is nice. I never use 'we' when talking about teams. Only the players and coached should do that.

That said, I wonder in Jim Leyland cares about Dice-K this time?

Carlos Pena has 20 freakin home runs for the drays. He was rotting away in the yankees minor leagues last year, asked to be let go after the season and now he's tearing it up. Great glove too.

As great of a bat sheffield is, he burned too many bridges after the 06 season ended to be brought back in 2007. I think we got some good prospects, but how can you trade him to the team that beat you in the playoffs? Did Sheffield have a NTC with that option? He said he would have went to boston if we didnt pick up his option - that would have sucked.

No. They should've had a Crystal ball that told them that Bobby Abreu would completely fall off the face of the earth at 33 years old after 10 hall of fame seasons...

Bobby Abreu is not a Hall of Famer.

No. They should've had a Crystal ball that told them that Bobby Abreu would completely fall off the face of the earth at 33 years old after 10 hall of fame seasons...

I can't believe you just said that.

The closest Abreau will get to the HOF is if he happens to take a drive upsate on the NY Thruway.

I'm sure it is. Keep holding on to history, that's all you have this year.

That's all I should need, my team has won, your team hasn't.

There is still a very good chance your team won't be world champions come season end, and all this garbage will got waste... and the sux will be stuck at #6.

That's all I should need, my team has won, your team hasn't.

There is still a very good chance your team won't be world champions come season end, and all this garbage will got waste... and the sux will be stuck at #6.

Hold on with two hands. Attaboy.

History is fine. But you can't hang your hat on it, and it has no bearing on the current season.

You're right. It has absoloutely no bearing on the current season. But it is nice to be a fan of a team that has brought you joy multiple times. There is nothing like watching your team win a championship. It makes it better , those seasons when they don't happen to perform as well as you would want them to..

You're right. It has absoloutely no bearing on the current season. But it is nice to be a fan of a team that has brought you joy multiple times. There is nothing like watching your team win a championship. It makes it better , those seasons when they don't happen to perform as well as you would want them to..

I know what you mean, I'm glad my team won one this century.;)

I know what you mean, I'm glad my team won one this century.;)

Dont go there girlfriend. Dont go there!

2000 is this century. Thats why the team of the decade (90's) and team of the century was named after the 1999 season, not after the 2000 season.

I think you can guess who won team of the decade and team of the century. \:D/

2000 is this century. Thats why the team of the decade (90's) and team of the century was named after the 1999 season, not after the 2000 season.

LOL. I'll concede that 2000 is (in spirit) part of the decade.

However, I will argue until my death that it's not part of this century.

Oh, no he di'int.

And let's not forget that Barton already predicted the Yankees as the team of this decade.

Dubiously.

And let's not forget that Barton already predicted the Yankees as the team of this decade.

Dubiously.

So far they are, scott. Even if they miss the playoffs this year, well so have all the other teams that have won world series this decade, some have missed 3 or more too. And nobody else has 3 pennants, Cards have 2. Not sure but I think the yankees have the most wins too, and the most division titles as well.

So far they are, scott. Even if they miss the playoffs this year, well so have all the other teams that have won world series this decade, some have missed 3 or more too. And nobody else has 3 pennants, Cards have 2. Not sure but I think the yankees have the most wins too, and the most division titles as well.

They don't give postseason award 2/3 of the way through a season, nor do they give out decade awrds 2/3 through the decade.

I don't know how they reward wins and losses for sure, but if Roger gets a loss on his record I will boycott the **** out of the MLB.

He pitched incredibly well, giving up 1 run in 8 full, he pitched a game that would be phenomonal even in his glory days with Boston.

For a guy who repeatedly references baseball history and the past, it's pretty "shocking" you don't know some of the most simple baseball rules.

Who defined OPS as the be all end all?

The Billy Beane geek fan club?

no one said OPS was the be all end all of anything. it's just better than the 1930's stats that you love. only you and the people who love to put down anyone who is looking for better ways of evaluating players.

They don't give postseason award 2/3 of the way through a season, nor do they give out decade awrds 2/3 through the decade.

Reading comprehension.

I didnt say they had already won it. But that they are the leading candidates thus far. And that is fact.

Reading comprehension.

I didnt say they had already won it. But that they are the leading candidates thus far. And that is fact.

How can that be verified as a "fact'.

A fact has substantiating evidence that is actual. There is nothing actual on a "team of the decade" through 7 years.

it is an opinion.

How can that be verified as a "fact'.

A fact has substantiating evidence that is actual. There is nothing actual on a "team of the decade" through 7 years.

it is an opinion.

I think some substanting evidence would be more pennants than anyone else, more playoff appearances than anyone else, tied for most world series championships, more division titles than any one else. Just some facts for ya.

I never said they have it on lock, they do not. There is still 2007-2009, 3 whole season for some teams like the cardinals to possibly win it, or even the red sox.

But......SO FAR the Yankees are the leading candidates for reasons I have already explained with "substantiating evidence that is actual". Thats all I have ever said "so far", I never said it was already done sealed and over.

I think some substanting evidence would be more pennants than anyone else, more playoff appearances than anyone else, tied for most world series championships, more division titles than any one else. Just some facts for ya.

I never said they have it on lock, they do not. There is still 2007-2009, 3 whole season for some teams like the cardinals to possibly win it, or even the red sox.

But......SO FAR the Yankees are the leading candidates for reasons I have already explained with "substantiating evidence that is actual". Thats all I have ever said "so far", I never said it was already done sealed and over.

I can't argue with any of that. You could add the Angels as a team that could take it over this year.

But, I could also say, the Mets are leading teh NL East so far in 2007.

That and quarter gets me a cup of coffee.

Archived