Brian Brohm vs. Andre Woodson

green_blood

Huge question going into next year and the draft, who will be the first QB taken, Brohm or Woodson? Woodson nearly lost his job, but rebounded and was exciting in his bowl game, and Brohm will take over the "Golden Boy" in the draft spot now that Quinn is in the NFL, and Clausen has looked mediocre and is a Frosh. Brohm is pretty tough and has been injured and lost his big RB Mike Bush last year which to some QB's, would've spelled a horrible year for some signal callers, but Louisville survived, and if it wasn't for Ito getting the redo, it might have been LSU playing Louisville rather than Notre Dame or Boise losing their spot. Woodson barely won the QB job at Kentucky and showed his potential with his arm throwing for over 3500 yds, a wicked TD : INT ratio and a 63% completion. Brohm's TD : INT was more pedestrian at 16:5, threw for just over 3000 yds, but compiled a 63.6% completion rating. Brohm has the upper hand in the experience column, but Woodson, if he repeats last year, will be the first QB taken going with the current trend of just being the golden boy not being enough to be taken higher, just ask Brady Quinn. Brohm might be better than Quinn, but so is Woodson.

Huge question going into next year and the draft, who will be the first QB taken, Brohm or Woodson? Woodson nearly lost his job, but rebounded and was exciting in his bowl game, and Brohm will take over the "Golden Boy" in the draft spot now that Quinn is in the NFL, and Clausen has looked mediocre and is a Frosh. Brohm is pretty tough and has been injured and lost his big RB Mike Bush last year which to some QB's, would've spelled a horrible year for some signal callers, but Louisville survived, and if it wasn't for Ito getting the redo, it might have been LSU playing Louisville rather than Notre Dame or Boise losing their spot. Woodson barely won the QB job at Kentucky and showed his potential with his arm throwing for over 3500 yds, a wicked TD : INT ratio and a 63% completion. Brohm's TD : INT was more pedestrian at 16:5, threw for just over 3000 yds, but compiled a 63.6% completion rating. Brohm has the upper hand in the experience column, but Woodson, if he repeats last year, will be the first QB taken going with the current trend of just being the golden boy not being enough to be taken higher, just ask Brady Quinn. Brohm might be better than Quinn, but so is Woodson.

Damn, good thread, I almost missed it, but If you look at whom is the more refined prospect, you have to go with Brohm, he ran his offense with a pro level coach (Bobby P. now with falcons) so he has an edge in that category, but if you look at raw talent, no one surpasses Woodson. It will be a tough call come draft day, but I think given the players provided this year, and the success I'm thinking the two will have, Brohm should be the pick, I love Woodson as a prospect but it will be hard to pass up Brohm, especially with him having another year throwing to Mario Urrutia and company. He (Brohm should have about 3,500 passing and over 20 some-odd touchdowns.

Also, with Woodson having to face the almighty SEC defenses his numbers won't be as lofty, so he might be looked down upon by some scouts *cough Falcons cough*

Brohm will face the not-so-mighty Big East defenses... (boy oh boy, WVU and Rutgers make me cringe)

So in conclusion, in terms of polished prospect, I take Brohm, for Raw Talent, I take Andre'

The thing about Brohm is that he wouldve gone to Cleveland at 3 or pushed Quinn out of the first round. Brohm is a fool.

I don't necessarily think he is a fool, he mainly wanted to come back to win a championship, whether or not that will happen remains to be seen, but he moved from being #3 at cleveland to #1 to Miami.

Silly dilly, John Beck is a champion. The funny thing, some 1st rounders don't even last in the nfl at age 27, while Beck is just starting. Prepare for the Phin dynasty. Maybe the lost golden playbook will be delivered from Bringham Young.

Silly dilly, John Beck is a champion. The funny thing, some 1st rounders don't even last in the nfl at age 27, while Beck is just starting. Prepare for the Phin dynasty. Maybe the lost golden playbook will be delivered from Bringham Young.

John Beck my ass.

Not taking away from Ainge as a QB but he might have lost too much talent for my taste, losing Meachem and Swain....

Henne has to be on this list as well.

IMO, Ainge and Henne are gonna be big time. I could see both going before Brohm.

Henne has to be on this list as well.

IMO, Ainge and Henne are gonna be big time. I could see both going before Brohm.

whoa whoa whoa whoa, I don't know about that....

Henne is good but doesn't necessarily show up during big key situations and that can definetly draw away some scouts. Ainge on the other hand isn't exactly an elite QB prospect, or isn't good enough to go top 5, which is where I along with many other people are expecting Brohm to go.

• 3 weeks later...
Michigan fan, Knicks fan, in Jersey, who do you like in Baseball? The friggin Rockies?

You do know that the Knicks and Rangers still own New Jersey in terms of fans of the Nets and Devils... right?

And I'm sorry I'm not a bandwagon Rutgers fan like 90+% of the state that became Rutgers fans last October / November.

Jets

Yankees

Knicks

Rangers

Michigan

Sorry to say, but Knicks and Rangers fans still out number those Devils and Nets fans in Jersey in their own state. Every Knicks / Nets and Rangers / Devils game played at the Continental, there are more fans or just as much fans from the visiting team then there is of the home team. Its a pure shame for the Devils and Nets.

You do know that the Knicks and Rangers still own New Jersey in terms of fans of the Nets and Devils... right?

And I'm sorry I'm not a bandwagon Rutgers fan like 90+% of the state that became Rutgers fans last October / November.

Jets

Yankees

Knicks

Rangers

Michigan

Sorry to say, but Knicks and Rangers fans still out number those Devils and Nets fans in Jersey in their own state. Every Knicks / Nets and Rangers / Devils game played at the Continental, there are more fans or just as much fans from the visiting team then there is of the home team. Its a pure shame for the Devils and Nets.

Never said I was a Rutgers fan, and you are really overrating the Knicks fanbase.

Jets

Yankees

Knicks

Rangers

Michigan

At least someone isn't creaming their pants on the Rutgers bandwagon in NJ. College football is different, most people get into it because of family, or the first game they watched and who impressed them, at least Michigan fans in NJ have paid attention to their team, unlike so called Rutgers "fans", who either don't remember the butchering at Morgantown, or just didn't pay attention because Rutgers sucked. 90% of the Rutgers' so called fan base is bandwagon jumpers from last year who at first sight of blood will scamper back to their Penn States.

At least someone isn't creaming their pants on the Rutgers bandwagon in NJ. College football is different, most people get into it because of family, or the first game they watched and who impressed them, at least Michigan fans in NJ have paid attention to their team, unlike so called Rutgers "fans", who either don't remember the butchering at Morgantown, or just didn't pay attention because Rutgers sucked. 90% of the Rutgers' so called fan base is bandwagon jumpers from last year who at first sight of blood will scamper back to their Penn States.

Yep. I am so freakin' sick and tired of all this Rutgers **** around in Sports Authority, Modell's and Bobs Store, now. I work at Modell's and now all of a sudden we have Rutgers t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, helmets, footballs, etc. **** Rutgers. I rooted for them hardcore for New Jersey against Louisville but I stayed with my team I liked since I was little in Michigan, I did not bandwagon over like 90+% of New Jersey, including all those kids who are now so proud to have attended Rutgers. Get a life I say to them. I'll probably be at RU in '08, but that is because it is the best Journalism school in Jersey, not because their Football team had a miracle season and still came in 3rd in their conference.

Tim Tebow is a RB, he cannot throw the football accurately for his life. Georgia will win the SEC.

If Georgia wins the SEC it will not be a strong year for the SEC. Either LSU or Florida should come out on top. Tebow will be just fine IMO. Either way though, if Georgia wins, it will mean a weak '07 for the SEC. They are not that good.

Archived