Why I Post Here

RichardSeymour

I've noticed myself talking a lot about the Jets in the past few days and often falling into typical positivist jargon ("hopefully so and so is available.... xxx would be perfect but unfortunately he's out of range")...

Just want to make clear, I discuss needs and the draft from a Jets perspective for two reasons.

1) I find it interesting to talk about needs and options for any team, and I know the Jets well

2) The Patriots and their CS are so **** good and often so unpredictable that it's almost BORING to discuss the Pats needs: you know that BB/Pioli is going to do it up right.

So I just wanted to make it clear that I effing hate the Jets and hope they have a spectacularly bad draft and offseason (I'm rooting for hideous contracts and massive mistakes)... but I enjoy talking about what they should do...

The offseason, other than basking in the glow of the latest superbowl victory, is a boring time to be a Pats fan these days.

I've noticed myself talking a lot about the Jets in the past few days and often falling into typical positivist jargon ("hopefully so and so is available.... xxx would be perfect but unfortunately he's out of range")...

Just want to make clear, I discuss needs and the draft from a Jets perspective for two reasons.

1) I find it interesting to talk about needs and options for any team, and I know the Jets well

2) The Patriots and their CS are so **** good and often so unpredictable that it's almost BORING to discuss the Pats needs: you know that BB/Pioli is going to do it up right.

So I just wanted to make it clear that I effing hate the Jets and hope they have a spectacularly bad draft and offseason (I'm rooting for hideous contracts and massive mistakes)... but I enjoy talking about what they should do...

The offseason, other than basking in the glow of the latest superbowl victory, is a boring time to be a Pats fan these days.

I welcome your input and knowledge that you show on football and the Jets but the Pats are going down next year bank on it RS!

:?

You really don't make much bank betting against the Belichick/Brady Patriots.

In my posts in the past if checked I have given you guys all the credit for what you have been able to accomplish in this era of free agency and salary cap constraints, injuries, etc.

For Brady I have said for over two years is if not the top one of the top QB's in the game- so I am not a Pat basher for sure and yes I have lost money from betting on football!

Great dig RS. :lol::lol:

I need to learn how to be more subtle when bashing Jet fans.

Somewhere along the line I gained this reputation for being reasonable but people forget that I first came to Jets boards specifically to crack skulls on the Jets poor post-2002 offseason..

Dig, what dig?

Really TX, be honest, isn't it more fun to study a team when there's a real chance you're doing a better job of it than the team's own GM?

I mean seriously: over on the Pats boards I look like a clown because I think BB/Pioli should do xyz and they do nothing of the sort and look BRILLIANT. Over here I look like a genius because Bradway MAKES me look good.

Yo Bob, where the hell did you find that picture of Smizzy?

No, That's Leonard Meyers of the Patriots. He didn't make enough money selling his Super Bowl ring on Ebay, so the good folks at JetNation.com took pity on him and gave him a job.

Humanitarians, is what they are.

Serious comment/question:

How hard up must you be to auction off your SB ring? I thought the NFL had programs in place to teach (and preach) these gifted athletes that a career can be short, save your money, invest it wisely, finish school in the off-season....

Maybe I'm just being silly, but I'd like to think that a SB ring would be something you give to your son or daughter, when the time comes...

Serious comment/question:

How hard up must you be to auction off your SB ring? I thought the NFL had programs in place to teach (and preach) these gifted athletes that a career can be short, save your money, invest it wisely, finish school in the off-season....

Maybe I'm just being silly, but I'd like to think that a SB ring would be something you give to your son or daughter, when the time comes...

It is sad to see the fate of certain players and ex players- to waste the talent and good fortune they have been given with improper planning and misguided personal decisions.

Somewhere along the line I gained this reputation for being reasonable but people forget that I first came to Jets boards specifically to crack skulls on the Jets poor post-2002 offseason..

Dig, what dig?

Really TX, be honest, isn't it more fun to study a team when there's a real chance you're doing a better job of it than the team's own GM?

I mean seriously: over on the Pats boards I look like a clown because I think BB/Pioli should do xyz and they do nothing of the sort and look BRILLIANT. Over here I look like a genius because Bradway MAKES me look good.

Just cuz you're team is good doesn't mean that YOU'RE good. I used to like you but now you just sound like an arrogant jackass. I guarantee you know no more of football than do any of the rest of the people on this board, and especially not Terry Bradway.

Just cuz you're team is good doesn't mean that YOU'RE good. I used to like you but now you just sound like an arrogant jackass. I guarantee you know no more of football than do any of the rest of the people on this board, and especially not Terry Bradway.

Hey newbie, RichardSeymour makes Bradway look like a flaming A-Hole.

Can you imagine what he'll make you look like? :lol:

Did you miss the memo? No Bradway bashing as long as I'm here. Ask Max and Tom...they agreed to it.

But some of TomShanes all time great quotes is Bradway bashing.... don't take the man out of his element.

I'd hardly call myself a newbie you raging bull queer. Though I don't spend the majority of my day posting on another team's message board (I still can't fathom the concept, you faggot) I am quite confident that I know more of my team and my team's needs than both of you trolls. Hop off his junk real quick.

:-({|=

Let me make sure that I do more than just sound like an arrogant jackass.

I have no doubt that Terry Bradway knows something like 100x what I know. He'd better, because he has been it on a professional basis for a long time, and he has access to scouting reports, numbers, and game film that I can only DREAM of.

For all that, other than a brief window of lucidity and sanity last year (which was even so punctuated by two and a half significant missteps IMO, and that's not hindsight) he has mostly been woeful as a GM.

Let me put it this way:

I think from my armchair I have done a better job of assessing the New York Jets best course and what mistakes NOT to make over the last few years than Bradway, with the possible exception of 2003 (which was a mixed bag).

I also agree that Bradway knows a hell of a lot more than I do.

There's something wrong there, once you start thinking about it. If Terry Bradway knows so much more than me (and he does) he should know enough to stop shooting himself in the foot with a talented team....

I'd hardly call myself a newbie you raging bull queer. Though I don't spend the majority of my day posting on another team's message board (I still can't fathom the concept, you faggot) I am quite confident that I know more of my team and my team's needs than both of you trolls. Hop off his junk real quick.

A. Internet arguments are retarded...

B. If you get in one theres only one way to lose and you found it. Acting like it's important and seeming like you are legitimatly mad.

C. I need to end this thread... why all the hate fellas?

=D>

Ladies and gentlemen I give you JetNation's first banned poster.

We should start a contest to guess who the Pats draft that makes everyone else go "Daaaaaamn, I knew we should have drafted HIM!"

My guess? Mike Patterson, DT, USC. I love that guy.

Archived