Get a 60gb PS3 for 399.99!

ECURB

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?jspStoreDir=SonyStyleStorefront&mpe_id=1908885412&cmsId=sony_card&catalogId=10551&evtype=CpgnClick&intv_id=1908884855&langId=-1&OmnitureESpotName=ESPOT_CAT_RNAV_1_S_Digital_Home_CPU&storeId=10151&storeId=10151&ddkey=ClickInfo

Sony is offering a $100 credit applied to your new Sony Style Credit card after your first purchase... so buy the 60gb for 499.99 and get $100 back for a total of 399.99 with 5 free blu-ray movies...

Damn, so now the 60GB version is even cheaper than the 360 pro bundle! Keep the price drops coming!

Yes if you pay off your card right away... lol... sony will still make money off the fools that carry this balance... :lol:

Why do all these controllers have a red PS button, mine's always black? Or do I just not notice it change color?

They scrapped the LED right before production began... they are just old pictures...

People have popped open the controller and soldered LED's to the "led" spot and made it work...

My guess is that it was to save battery life...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-PlayStation-3-60GB/sem/rpsm/oid/166283/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Thats a PS3 for the new $499.99 price tag with a free controller...

Do you get the feeling that the only reason Sony lowered the price of the 60GB PS3 was to try and get rid of all the existing stock so that when the 80GB model comes out ($599 retail) there won't be any of those pesky 60GB models floating around?

Yes and hurry on this deal. Sony has stopped production of the 60GB model, and will have an 80GB bundle with a game and a remote for $599.

Sony expects the 60GB inventory in North America to be gone by the end of July.

Do you get the feeling that the only reason Sony lowered the price of the 60GB PS3 was to try and get rid of all the existing stock so that when the 80GB model comes out ($599 retail) there won't be any of those pesky 60GB models floating around?

I *think* what they are doing is...

Lowering the price of the 60gb to get rid of them, and releasing the 80gb as a "limited edition package" with the game and such...

THEN

When they run out of 60gb they will sell the 80gb alone (not the package deal) for the $499.99 price...

They are only switching to 80gb because it has become popular in laptops (the type of HD the PS3 uses is a laptop one) and is now CHEAPER to get than a 60gb hard drive...

I *think* what they are doing is...

Lowering the price of the 60gb to get rid of them, and releasing the 80gb as a "limited edition package" with the game and such...

THEN

When they run out of 60gb they will sell the 80gb alone (not the package deal) for the $499.99 price...

They are only switching to 80gb because it has become popular in laptops (the type of HD the PS3 uses is a laptop one) and is now CHEAPER to get than a 60gb hard drive...

I agree with the first part of your statement but feel Sony will keep the 80GB model at $599, with or without a "free" game.

I think you need to head over here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/07/08/new-ps3-new-price-drop-more-news-coming/ and signup as a lot of the Sony faithful are getting restless.

Your homer skills will come in handy over there :P

Archived