ARod....Will he stay or will he go?

JonEJet

Just getting a bad feeling that we may lose him.....all you guys that boo him, give him ****, whatever....may get your wish and watch this guy just walk away.

What a shame too......the NY media is ruthless. That's why he'll break all those records elsewhere

Hope I'm wrong, but everything points to him terminating his existing agreement, and becoming a free agent

Just getting a bad feeling that we may lose him.....all you guys that boo him, give him ****, whatever....may get your wish and watch this guy just walk away.

What a shame too......the NY media is ruthless. That's why he'll break all those records elsewhere

Hope I'm wrong, but everything points to him terminating his existing agreement, and becoming a free agent

JonE-Do you think that Money is also a root of a cause of him leaving? The Yankee organization, its fans and the media cause no contribution to that.

As well, A-Rod seems uncomfortable standing in Yankee greatness. Mainly because he has not been able to contribute to it.

Make sure this, if he does leave, and never achieves a championship, his greatness will be diminished one small notch. Parcticularly if the Yankeees succed without him.

Not totally a fair situation, I understand, but an inevitable one people will draw conclusions from.

If Arod wanted to leave, he would have left in the winter when Cashman asked him if he wanted to be traded and he said "No".

Then again, maybe he's one of those "conquer and leave" kind of guys. The guy has a huge ego, and maybe he didnt want to leave NY with egg on his face for always being a bum in the postseason and a horrible 06' regular season (for his standards). But now that he has mastered (or conquered) the NY spotlight, he feels he has fulfilled his ego and can now go to wherever he wants without any pressure on him.

Who knows. But I think the Yankees wont let him go.

My feeling is he is a LA Angel of Anaheim next year. With Boras as his agent, there seems to be no shot he doesn't opt out after the season, and it looks like he will be getting offers of 6 years $175 million or so, according to the Buster Olneys & Jason Starks of the world.

Just my gut feeling, he goes to Anaheim. Especially after his comments on Friday night.

Archived