Injuries. Part of game or Excuse 101 for fans

SouthernJet

Definitely a part of the game. A good team works through injuries and has other players step up in their absence. Tigers have had Kenny Rogers, Joel Zumaya, Fernando Rodney and Nate Robertson all go down at some point in the season and yet have still managed to finish in 1st place at the end of the all-star break thanks to their lineup stepping up.

You have to realize that at some point (a great amout of players hurt) it becomes impossible to patch a hole without another one opening. It can be the downfall of your season (see 2005 Jets).

Call it an excuse if you want, thats your opinion.

All players have a certain value. If a player isn't playing and the player who is replacing him has less value, your team is going to be worse. Thats not an excuse. It's a fact. Anyone who tells you anything else is a moron.

If posters had value- madmike=0

Many threads seem to have a life of their own. Some threads have great, new topics. These threads seem to stay on topic. Other threads have old, rehashed topics. These threads seem to go off-topic.

It's hot and muggy outside, and I'm all out of Gold Bond.

Many threads seem to have a life of their own. Some threads have great, new topics. These threads seem to stay on topic. Other threads have old, rehashed topics. These threads seem to go off-topic.

It's hot and muggy outside, and I'm all out of Gold Bond.

Would this be the place that I list posters that I like and don't like, and why?

Archived