I'm watching G4..

Arsis

They destroying the PS3, I'm not trying to start a fight but these so called gaming "professionals" are saying the ps3 is all but dead and needs to "catch-up." The price-drop isn't enough and the games don't look like they're be able to help it. I'm not saying I agree, just what chris gore and kevin perrier and some fat dude with a goatee are saying.

They destroying the PS3, I'm not trying to start a fight but these so called gaming "professionals" are saying the ps3 is all but dead and needs to "catch-up." The price-drop isn't enough and the games don't look like they're be able to help it. I'm not saying I agree, just what chris gore and kevin perrier and some fat dude with a goatee are saying.

Look, there is no need to rub salt in the wound. However, its obvious so far that the same games made for both systems look better on the xbox, and that developers are having a hard time making profits on blu ray disks. However as Ecurb will tell you, its all part of the master plan to loose millions and millions of dollars, and then suddenly they will catch up and surpass everyone, and suddenly the ps3 developers will master their blu ray video gaming technology.

I'm not buying it, and neither are the video game experts. I've seen this all before. Ecurb, at least admit that Sony has a steep hill to climb as of right now.

Look, there is no need to rub salt in the wound. However, its obvious so far that the same games made for both systems look better on the xbox, and that developers are having a hard time making profits on blu ray disks. However as Ecurb will tell you, its all part of the master plan to loose millions and millions of dollars, and then suddenly they will catch up and surpass everyone, and suddenly the ps3 developers will master their blu ray video gaming technology.

I'm not buying it, and neither are the video game experts. I've seen this all before. Ecurb, at least admit that Sony has a steep hill to climb as of right now.

Microsoft just announced they have lost BILLIONS on the 360...

lol

They announced a Special Edition HALO 360 tonight... the crowd was silent except ONE person clapped... LOL

Your increased bitterness and jealousy shows more with each post. And when the ps3 tanks (which most video game experts are predicting) you can add regret to that list since you switched. Of course G4 sucks to you, cause they didn't agree with your opinion, however I don't know many other video game channels. Next

Your increased bitterness and jealousy shows more with each post. And when the ps3 tanks (which most video game experts are predicting) you can add regret to that list since you switched. Of course G4 sucks to you, cause they didn't agree with your opinion, however I don't know many other video game channels. Next

lol

Why would I be bitter? I liked my 360 and traded it in... I think it was hillarious and if you see the video you would agree... the dude held up the Halo edition expecting an uproar and only ONE person clapped... it was funny...

Sony on the other hand showed Killzone 2 last night and people (including these game channels that you claim think SONY sucks went nuts...)

I gotta admit that between both sides you guys have managed to make me VERY unsure of myself. When the time comes that I can actually get one of these systems I don't know that I'm going to be able to bring myself to buy either one of them.

I gotta admit that between both sides you guys have managed to make me VERY unsure of myself. When the time comes that I can actually get one of these systems I don't know that I'm going to be able to bring myself to buy either one of them.

PS3 is more reliable... thats just a fact

360 has better online features as of now and a lot of 3rd party games look better right now

PS3 has more potential, its a matter of will it be tapped? The new Killzone 2 trailer looks better than Halo 3 and as good as GOW and its only in its Alpha stage...

To be honest the 360 is good (when its not breaking down) and so is the PS3... I saw more of a future with the Ps3 and thats why I ditched the 360 and went for the PS3...

Pay attention to this week's E3... there should be a lot of news...

I was a sony branded gamer from PS1 and PS2

the reason i chose 360 was two fold

first - i found that the Xbox controller was more comfortable for my wrists and hands

second - XBox Live, which is not free, does a far better job of dealing with cheaters and glitchers than the free-for-all which is the sony network.

curb alludes to this when he says "xbox has better online features for now"

but the fact of the matter is that Sony takes a laizzae faire approach to the community - the strong survive i.e. if you get cheated that's natural.

That will not change, certainly while the network is free.

On the other hand MS has undercover moderators, a reporting/banning system and frequent updates to fight the hackers. It's not perfect but at least they try. Sony has no designs to make that sort of effort.

And yes it's true Xbox is a less reliable machine - and less powerful - i won't argue that at all. But for now I believe 360 is better and the reason is gameplay and overall online experience.

And yes it's true Xbox is a less reliable machine - and less powerful - i won't argue that at all. But for now I believe 360 is better and the reason is gameplay and overall online experience.

The real question is can you see the PS3 eventually overtaking the 360? As I've said many times before I will forever be gunshy after choosing the Sega Saturn over the PS1.

For me it is about the content. Xbox has the halo franchise, and my opinion is that ps3 has no game better then that. Also, my second favorite game is gears of war, also an xbox game. And when i play those two games, i spend a lot of time playing online and xbox has a better online system, albeit not free. So i play my 360 90% of the time.

but the fact of the matter is that Sony takes a laizzae faire approach to the community - the strong survive i.e. if you get cheated that's natural.

I gave you rep for using the term "laissez-faire" in this post. I'm a history teacher so this type of stuff appeals to me. :)

Also it sounds like social darwanism too...only the strong survive, survival of the fittest..just sayin'.

The real question is can you see the PS3 eventually overtaking the 360? As I've said many times before I will forever be gunshy after choosing the Sega Saturn over the PS1.

it's a fair question but the difference between MS and Sega as financial entities is huge.

MS has literally a pile of money from Vista and Office. They can't lose, as long as they keep pumping in money, it will be viable.

Maybe 3-5 years from now the PS3 has a killer app and MS doesn't - yeah i could see a takeover but it wouldn't ever be as bad as the sitaution you cited. The thing about MS is ya know they are going to steal anything they don't develop on their own eventually.

also it should be noted that MS has this week announced a free, full no questions asked 3 year warrenty for the red ring of death failure - that's far better than Wii and PS3 90 warrenty.

heelz thanks for the rep! as for social darwinism i usually am a fan of that but I have a job - not like these hackers - if i get an hour to play i'd prefer to not be cheated during the experience.

For me it is about the content. Xbox has the halo franchise, and my opinion is that ps3 has no game better then that. Also, my second favorite game is gears of war, also an xbox game. And when i play those two games, i spend a lot of time playing online and xbox has a better online system, albeit not free. So i play my 360 90% of the time.

The Halo 3 trailer didnt look like anything special... but the Killzone 2 trailer blew it away...

Also they are putting GOW on PC now... with more features... no need for a 360...

Also... EPIC the company that created GOW just announced that their next title "Unreal Tournament III" will be a Playstation 3 EXCLUSIVE... so obviously even the people that created GOW see something in the PS3 that the 360 doesnt have...

The Halo 3 trailer didnt look like anything special... but the Killzone 2 trailer blew it away...

Also they are putting GOW on PC now... with more features... no need for a 360...

You heard it here first folks...no need for you to make up your own mind or buy what you actually want. Get the PS3.

You heard it here first folks...no need for you to make up your own mind or buy what you actually want. Get the PS3.

Gears of War can be played on PC... no need to get a piece of malfunctioning hardware to play it on... :lol:

Also I would say it speaks volumes when the company that made Gears Of War for the 360, ditches the 360 and goes exclusive with PS3 for their next big game...

IGN: There has been a ton of speculation about Haze becoming a PS3 exclusive. Now that it's official, can you talk a bit as to why you've decided to go "PS3 only?"

Dave Doak: PlayStation has always been something of a spiritual home for us, so we're delighted to be developing this game exclusively for PlayStation 3. The combination of its raw processing power and the versatility of the PlayStation Network make the PS3 the ideal platform for Haze.

About HAZE being a PS3 exlusive and why...

Whatever you say... just trying to guide people down the right path to spending hundreds of dollars based on my research and extensive first hand experience with BOTH systems..

But thats crazy... :roll:

Also... EPIC the company that created GOW just announced that their next title "Unreal Tournament III" will be a Playstation 3 EXCLUSIVE... so obviously even the people that created GOW see something in the PS3 that the 360 doesnt have...

Ahh, trailers don't mean a hell of a lot to me. Halo 1 was awesome, halo 2 was even better, there is no reason at all to think that halo 3 won't be the best of the saga so far. Of course this is personal preference though.

As for GOW being put out on pc, i am sooooo not into playing games on a pc, nothing beats sitting on my big ass couch, with my baddest-ass 70 inch hd tv ever made, with some friends and some beers playing games. I just can't see sitting in front of a pc with it's crap speakers on a chair all alone playing on a 17-21 inch monitor.

As for epic going exclusive with the ps3 on its next game, doesn't mean they see or don't see something. I believe the developer gets a bit of a sweetheart deal to go exclusive on a big game, you do realize that the developers pay royalties to sony or MSFT on every unit sold. MSFT made a multimillion dollar deal with rockstar to be the intitial console for GTA4

I do not own any "next-gen" games so I'm only going to go by history and what I've read but it seems that the x-box is the better software system while ps's are the more innovative hardware systems. Xbox has better games and gameplay imo and that is really all that matters to me. Ecurb is saying that killzone is going to be a halo killer, but I think the policy of making a similar product to compete with your competitors strength is a bad idea that usually fails( see: Zune, PSP.) GOW and the FF series are the only games I've seen from the ps that are superior to the xbox games(GOW was better than Ninja Gaiden and POP but barely.) So when I see a new fable and halo and eventually kotor 3 I'm going to pick the 360 and it's games and superior online service over the fancy blueray dvd's when I have a dvd player.

Did any of you catch Call of Duty 4? That game looks amazing, and just what I needed to fix my Socom emptiness. I'm staying on the Xbox for good. Good riddance Sony, and from what I'm seeing and hearing from the E3 conference, the Xbox is most defiantly the correct decision.

Did any of you catch Call of Duty 4? That game looks amazing, and just what I needed to fix my Socom emptiness. I'm staying on the Xbox for good. Good riddance Sony, and from what I'm seeing and hearing from the E3 conference, the Xbox is most defiantly the correct decision.

WOW! I just watched that video and the game looks amazing! I'll probably pick this one up. When's the release date?

EDIT: Ah, I see, it's October 2007, now that with Halo 3 and GTA IV makes for a big spending spree!

What E3 are you reading about? Just about everyone agrees that SONY stole the show...

Not to mention with a PS3 you could have both Call of Duty and SOCOM (the full game coming out and the multiplayer downloadable one...)... but whatever...

What E3 are you reading about? Just about everyone agrees that SONY stole the show...

Not to mention with a PS3 you could have both Call of Duty and SOCOM (the full game coming out and the multiplayer downloadable one...)... but whatever...

Your pulling out all the punches. Stop trying to butter me up with Socom you son of a &*&*)(!!! Yes they will be on both systems, but just like with most games that are out right now, it will probably be better on the Xbox360.

Another thing that sold me was that Madden08's frame rate on the 360 is 60, while ps3 is just 30. Xbox's madden is twice as fast, and I usually dont get madden anymore, but I think I might get it this year just to see how it looks on a next gen console.

Your pulling out all the punches. Stop trying to butter me up with Socom you son of a &*&*)(!!! Yes they will be on both systems, but just like with most games that are out right now, it will probably be better on the Xbox360.

Another thing that sold me was that Madden08's frame rate on the 360 is 60, while ps3 is just 30. Xbox's madden is twice as fast, and I usually dont get madden anymore, but I think I might get it this year just to see how it looks on a next gen console.

It will be 60fps for PS3 next year... it took them 3 years to get it to 60fps on the 360...

BTW they are releasing a full SOCOM game... AND a downloadable multiplayer only version...

From what I have read Nintendo stole the show.

Microsoft and Sony are in a bitch fight right now.

Archived