NCAA: Oklahoma must forfeit 2005 season

JetCane

NCAA: Oklahoma must forfeit 2005 season

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma football program must forfeit all wins from the 2005 season and will lose scholarships as a result of players being paid for work they had not performed.

The penalties, announced Wednesday by the NCAA, stem from a case involving two players, including Sooners starting quarterback Rhett Bomar, who were kicked off the team for being paid for work they had not performed at a Norman car dealership.

Oklahoma permanently dismissed Bomar and guard J.D. Quinn point when it was determined they had knowingly and willfully been involved in receiving payment for work not performed. A third member of the team had been previously dismissed by the university for violations of team rules.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2933008

Yep, that adds bite to the penalty. I'm sure Shadow would think otherwise if this happened to Miami, or whatever rivalry team he despises.

That being said. As a Husker fan all I have to say is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :rl:

For all the unfunny people whom are trying to question what I said, I meant that because I had known about this for weeks now, but you guys just heard it, thus making this thread insignificant for me.

That makes your first post in this thread insignificant.

Alk, I knew you'd like it, LOL.

For all the unfunny people whom are trying to question what I said, I meant that because I had known about this for weeks now, but you guys just heard it, thus making this thread insignificant for me.

All hail the infinite source of knowledge that is ShadowJet35.

HAIL HAIL HAIL

Well just a tip. Typing a few extra words just might make your posts a little more clear to us "unfunny people". I'm just sayin'...

Well just a tip. Typing a few extra words just might make your posts a little more clear to us "unfunny people". I'm just sayin'...

Jesus Christ, skip telling him to type a few extra words, how about you actually put some substance into a post, explain your f***in reasoning for once, instead of just going around and saying in every thread "nhl sucks" or "360 pwns". You are no use to the thread with just that, if that's all you can add then don't say anything.

Jesus Christ, skip telling him to type a few extra words, how about you actually put some substance into a post, explain your f***in reasoning for once, instead of just going around and saying in every thread "nhl sucks" or "360 pwns". You are no use to the thread with just that, if that's all you can add then don't say anything.

You're so off-base it's ridiculous. Alk made a valid comment in reply to Shadow.

Like Alk, and most other posters who read Shadows post, I thought that Shadow left out some info.

How were we meant to know that Shadow knew about these penalties for weeks when the news just broke yesterday?

You're so off-base it's ridiculous. Alk made a valid comment in reply to Shadow.

Like Alk, and most other posters who read Shadows post, I thought that Shadow left out some info.

How were we meant to know that Shadow knew about these penalties for weeks when the news just broke yesterday?

Sorry, I'm just a bit angry, but I meant it not only from this thread but his posts in general. It's not fun when you try to have an NHL discussion and then he chimes in with a "nhl sucks", we understand that just shut up and ignore it then. I guess I chose a bad post to aim that at, but when you're in a bad mood you don't think much.

Sorry, I'm just a bit angry, but I meant it not only from this thread but his posts in general. It's not fun when you try to have an NHL discussion and then he chimes in with a "nhl sucks", we understand that just shut up and ignore it then. I guess I chose a bad post to aim that at, but when you're in a bad mood you don't think much.

No worries mate. If you have a problem with the way Alk makes fun of the NHL then that's cool as I can understand your anger.

brettw4rd and I are defending Rugby because shadow thinks it's "gay"

He's not really off base, he pretty much said the same thing I did only in a not so nice way. :lol:

I thought war ensemble was talking about another poster! oh well. I'm over it, but Alk is still a cool guy in my book.

Off topic: **** the NHL (jk buds I don't even watch so i don't judge.)

On topic: **** the Sooners :):):)

Wait, what the f***'s going on. I was talking about shadow, not alk. Alk's cool, there'd be no reason for me to say that, it wouldn't even make sense. Looking back on that post, I wasn't clear at all. I quoted alk and said you meaning shadow. Oops.

Wait, what the f***'s going on. I was talking about shadow, not alk. Alk's cool, there'd be no reason for me to say that, it wouldn't even make sense. Looking back on that post, I wasn't clear at all. I quoted alk and said you meaning shadow. Oops.

yeah, Brett, he was talking to me dude.

Archived