Bruce Springsteen to Release New E Street Band Album in Fall

SoFlaJets

Bruce Springsteen to Release New E Street Band Album in Fall

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

By Roger Friedman

The general disarray at Sony Music's Columbia Records may have a savior: Bruce Springsteen.

The Boss, as we still call him, is apparently planning a new album for release in late fall. Some sources insist that this will be an E Street Band album, and not another side project like the "Seeger Sessions" or a solo collection of introspective songs.

An E Street Band album means a big rock 'n' roll sound with Springsteen's featured players like Steve van Zandt, Max Weinberg and Clarence Clemons.

Sources tell me that tracks have been recorded with the group, and that the hope among Bruce insiders is that he will choose their project over several others he may have cooking.

"You never know," one observer said, "but it's looking better and better."

Another and very important player would be Springsteen's wife: rocker Patti Scialfa. The timing would be perfect since Scialfa

It is about time we got another E-Street Band album Bruce.

to be honest I did NOT like Devils and Dust and The Seeger Sessions -except for a few songs on each-and I'm like the biggest Springsteen fan around-and the guy's my friggin hero. As long as it's new material I'm sure I'll like it. Even The Rising I only liked about a half of...

Devils and Dust was terrible. Just terrible. And I like everything that Bruce does.

The Rising is an incredible album. Really awesome -- music with a message. Glad to hear they are putting something else out. Because that means ANOTHER TOUR.

Yes.

to be honest I did NOT like Devils and Dust and The Seeger Sessions -except for a few songs on each-and I'm like the biggest Springsteen fan around-and the guy's my friggin hero. As long as it's new material I'm sure I'll like it. Even The Rising I only liked about a half of...

yeah, pretty much my sentiments exactly.

useless sidenote. went into my son's (18) room the other day to get online & he was listening to the river.

Archived