What high priced player could Yanks/Mets have done without?

SouthernJet

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will go out on a limb and say that 99% of the people who post in this forum will back me up when I say that you talk up the Yankees and the prospects in the minors over any Red Sox or any other player in MLB.

Okajima: He doesn't deserve to make the All-Star Team.

Ellsbury: Overrated.

Lowell: He sucks in the 2nd half.

Varitek: Not one of the best catchers in the game.

I could go on and on.

:good: in agreement

I will go out on a limb and say that 99% of the people who post in this forum will back me up when I say that you talk up the Yankees and the prospects in the minors over any Red Sox or any other player in MLB.

I could go on and on.

Don't forget Beckett sucks.:)

You're not allowed to comment on the Sox anymore. You've been converted.;)

Thor - please elaborate.

Yanks- Johnny Damon ,Carl Pavano ,Jaret Wirght

Mets - Delgado , Pedro Martinez

Are we still paying for Wright? Good Lord!

I could go on and on.

The all star team stuff was an Okajima vs Neshek argument.

Ellisbury IS overred.

Lowell DOES suck in the 2nd half just look at his splits.

Varitek isn't CLOSE to one of the best catchers in the game.

The all star team stuff was an Okajima vs Neshek argument.

Ellisbury IS overred.

Lowell DOES suck in the 2nd half just look at his splits.

Varitek isn't CLOSE to one of the best catchers in the game.

Then just admit that Okajima and Neshek deserved to go to the ASG.

How is Ellsbury overrated? I've never seen anyone say he's going to be a superstar, just that he'll be a solid CF.

While Lowell doesn't necessarily suck, he sure does have a downturn in the 2nd half.

Saying that Varitek isn't close to being one of the best catchers in the game is where you show your blind homer hand, Mike. He is clearly one of the best defensive catchers, and his handling of a staff is second to none.

Then just admit that Okajima and Neshek deserved to go to the ASG.

How is Ellsbury overrated? I've never seen anyone say he's going to be a superstar, just that he'll be a solid CF.

While Lowell doesn't necessarily suck, he sure does have a downturn in the 2nd half.

Saying that Varitek isn't close to being one of the best catchers in the game is where you show your blind homer hand, Mike. He is clearly one of the best defensive catchers, and his handling of a staff is second to none.

The vote was for ONE OR THE OTHER, not both.

Ellisburry is overrated because he's appeared in the top 20 of some prospect lists and thats insane.

Lowell has collapsed in the 2nd half the last 3 years.

Varitek is HORRIBLE at throwing out runners and his bat is in a steep decline. As far as handling a pitching staff there is no proof that such a skill exists.

The vote was for ONE OR THE OTHER, not both.

Ellisburry is overrated because he's appeared in the top 20 of some prospect lists and thats insane.

Lowell has collapsed in the 2nd half the last 3 years.

Varitek is HORRIBLE at throwing out runners and his bat is in a steep decline. As far as handling a pitching staff there is no proof that such a skill exists.

Beckets stats with and without Varitek is some evidence as we tried to tell you last year.

Did you happen to notice last season that when Varitek went down with injury so did the Red Sox?

All of the pitchers who have played with Varitek say he is the best game manager they have ever played with.

Remember when Schilling lost his no-hitter this year? He waved off Varitek and proceeded to give up a base hit with 2-outs in the 9th! Schilling said afterwards that he should have thrown the pitch that Varitek wanted.

Did you happen to notice last season that when Varitek went down with injury so did the Red Sox?

All of the pitchers who have played with Varitek say he is the best game manager they have ever played with.

Remember when Schilling lost his no-hitter this year? He waved off Varitek and proceeded to give up a base hit with 2-outs in the 9th! Schilling said afterwards that he should have thrown the pitch that Varitek wanted.

People a lot smarter than you or I have done EXTENSIVE studies of pitchers pitching to different catchers and there is no proof that such a skill exists over any kind of time period.

People a lot of smarter than you or I have done EXTENSIVE studies of pitchers pitching to different catchers and there is no proof that such a skill exists over any kind of time period.

Someone alot smarter than you replied to your post.

People a lot smarter than you or I have done EXTENSIVE studies of pitchers pitching to different catchers and there is no proof that such a skill exists over any kind of time period.

That is such a ridiculous statement.

There is absolute proof that some catchers call abetter game than others. Watch the friggin' game. You can see them.

Why do you think Greg Maddux never allowed Javy Lopez to catch his games?

Some catchers think through teh game better. Sames as any other position, but magnified more.

There are some trends with some catchers:

-Some carry their last at bat to the position with them

-Some, in tight situations, call for pitches that THEY have a hard time hitting.

-Some, afraid of baserunners going on them call for mainly fastballs with runners on base.

The nuances are greater than any of us can imagine.

Why do you think some scouts call Yadier Molina a franchise player? It is not because of his hitting.

To insist that catchers don't affect games by how they call the game, and that makes a differnce is naive thinking to the worst degree.

That is such a ridiculous statement.

There is absolute proof that some catchers call abetter game than others. Watch the friggin' game. You can see them.

Why do you think Greg Maddux never allowed Javy Lopez to catch his games?

Some catchers think through teh game better. Sames as any other position, but magnified more.

There are some trends with some catchers:

-Some carry their last at bat to the position with them

-Some, in tight situations, call for pitches that THEY have a hard time hitting.

-Some, afraid of baserunners going on them call for mainly fastballs with runners on base.

The nuances are greater than any of us can imagine.

Why do you think some scouts call Yadier Molina a franchise player? It is not because of his hitting.

To insist that catchers don't affect games by how they call the game, and that makes a differnce is naive thinking to the worst degree.

See only idiots like you think that by watching games they can find out things like this.

My momma taught me to always tell the truth.

Besides, I didn't say I was smart. I said I was smarter than you. That's not really saying much.

If you are so smart why are you a late 30's old timer with nothing better to do than to post on a message board all day? Pathetic. At least when i post it's usually from a classroom where I'm doing something with my life...

Archived