Sign in to follow this  
GimmeShelter

AL East 2nd Baseman

Upton

Roberts

Cano

Hill

Pedroia

That just right now though. Upton might move to CF, Hill should only get better, and Pedroia I dont see sustaining his level of play. Too short. He's got good plate discipline, so maybe he can but the guy is like 5'5. He makes Chuck Knoblauch look tall.

Pedroia was the college defensive player of the year, at SS. He's also hit like this at every level. I think he'll be a good player for years to come.

With Pedroia, Buchholz and Ellsbury looming, the Sox have a nice core of young players. As long as they don't trade them away (unless it's for Oswalt).

Dude, Phillips in 2005 May and June he hit .306 and then .333 with 4 home runs. Pedroia, like Phillips struggled his 1st month, but had big mays and junes.

Dont get me wrong, Pedroia probably has staying power and Phillips doesnt. But the point I was making is that hitting for a high avg in the minors really doesnt mean he'll do it in the majors. Its not like Pedroia was a big time prospect. He should be solid, but I think he'll slow down noticeably in the 2nd half and the rest of his career. He's not gonna hit .318 with a .400obp his whole career, he just isnt that good I think.

Just like Hughes isn't going to dominate the big leagues the way he did the minors. Right?

You just compared the #1 prospect in baseball to Dustin Pedroia. Good job.

I didn't compare him to Hughes, I just find it funny that one players route through the minors is held up to mean that he'll be great. Another players route is dismissed. Odd.

Simple misunderstanding, thor.

1st of all, Hughes wont put up the same numbers in the majors that he did in AA or AAA. And I'm not saying he's a lock to be great either.

Pedroia is hitting alittle over his head right now, I think. Lets see how he does once teams get a book on him. He should still be solid once they adjust to him though. His AAA #'s were bleh, and I dont think he's a .320 hitter, sorry.

No problem.

If, as a second baseman, he hits .280, 10HR and 80RBI, I'm a happy fan.

Cano=Soriano-Power

Thor = JBF - enemies

:-D

80=poster-funny

This is one of your more coherent posts... Congrats. It's true that Cano's lack of discipline has become a problem for him but I would still argue that he has more upside than Pedroia does. It's not a no brainer though.

I'll agree with you that Cano has more upside, he's just more athletic than Pedroia. There's no denying that he can be the better player. Pedroia seems like a harder worker, more heady player.

It says volumes as to the type of player they are. Cano has all the athletic ability in the world, but is impatient. Pedroia, while athletically limited, gets all that he can out of it.

Should be fun to compare these two over the next couple of years.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company