Sign in to follow this  
GimmeShelter

AL East 2nd Baseman

Hitting at every level means jack. So has Andy freakin Phillips and a bunch of other minor leaguers who sucked in the bigs. Hell, Andy even hit his first few months in the bigs just like Pedroia. Pedroia is not bad though esp for a little puss who crys too much. You might be right.

Ellsbury has got to be the most overrated prospect in the game. The guy has no power, and a crap arm.

Ellsbury is amazingly overrated. Thats very true.

Ellsbury has played 3 games in the bigs, so how is he overrated? The Sox sent him back to Pawtucket last week (not because he didn't perform) to let him get on the field everyday.

Do you really think I would base my evaluation of a player on 3 games? Players don't just appear in the majors out of nowhere. They have a track record to look at.

I take it you watch a lot of Pawtucket games?

As far as I've seen he had never been "rated." How does that make him overrated?

I've seen many a post from you singing the praises of Yankee minor leaguers.

I've known who he was and have been following him (and many other prospects) WAY before he got to AAA.

He was drafted in 2005. Did you follow him at Oregon State?

a bit. more since he was drafted,

Why do you call him overrated?

Because there is a lot of hype surrounding him.

It really doesn't matter what position they play. Wright's numbers still were better and if he was a 1996 Yank he would have a ring as well.

OF COURSE it matters. Different positions have different offensive values.

Yep sure they do. When ARod homered as a SS it counted as 3 HR's as opposed to only counting as 1 when he homers now as a 3rd baseman.

The position players play directly effects their value to a team because of ALL the other players who play that spot.

So if Jeter had stepped aside and let the better defensive and offensive SS in ARod play would his numbers be considered so-so as say a 3rd baseman......remember earlier it was stated he'd be first ballot HOF as the Padres RF.

Jeter would be great no matter what position he played however if he moved from SS to 3B his value would go down some.

It's funny how every post with you has to come back to trying to bash the yankees.

You just compared the #1 prospect in baseball to Dustin Pedroia. Good job.

You're underrating Pedroia. He's good.

I think he's solid. But not .318, .400 OBP, 450 SLG good. He'll probably be an above average 2nd baseman for a good part of his career. I just cant think of any good 5'6 players in baseball, ever. At least in the last 20 years or so. There were probably more than few way back when before the 70's I bet.

I think he can sustain something close to 390/430 production which would make him one of the better 2B in baseball.

Pedrioa is the perfect example of what a low ceiling college player is supposed to be.

Good thing you'll never be overrated.

Pedroia is so much better than Cano its comical!!!

Weren't you bashing Cano at this time last year and then he had an OPS over 1000 the 2nd half of the season?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but I wasnt bashing his OPS, I was bashing him for being the LAZIEST infielder that I have ever seen!

How exactly do you want to quantify him being "lazy?" Every defensive metric shows him as a well above avg 2B.

Oh, That would be LWNPA stat.

You probably have not heard of that yet, as I have developed that along with several other newfangled stats with some "experts" on baseball.

I am presently writing a book about that stat and several other new ones.

It will be a best seller to geeks and no life kids who pretend that they want to know about baseball, in order to have some measure of importance against other people. Many of those kids will go on message boards and repeat these stats to the annoyance of many others.

It won't matter to me, as I will be rich and famous (well, more famous) and will have duped the naive. You, will still be Madmike.

tl dr

There are several perplexing aspects of Robinson Cano's game, not least of which is his lack of plate discipline. I think the book has changed on Cano this year. Everyone used to try and bust him inside... thinking his big blind spot was up and in, above the hands. He refuses to make adjustments...out of laziness I wonder????

Now everyone is staying low, bouncing stuff off the ground, and out of the strike zone, this letting Cano's lack of patience get himself out. His inability to let these pitches go by would make Alphonso Soriano jealous.

It's amazing that the Pedroia/Cano debate even exists. If you had asked me before the season if DP vs. Cano was even debatable, I would have laughed. If you ask me today, pull the trigger on the trade, I would seriously hesitate.

This is one of your more coherent posts... Congrats. It's true that Cano's lack of discipline has become a problem for him but I would still argue that he has more upside than Pedroia does. It's not a no brainer though.
  • Thumb Down 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company