? for Florida Humans

drago

I'm flying down to West Palm to visit my Dad on the 20th, we're then driving to Ft. Meyers. Are there any cool bars i can suggest to the family so that i'm not terribly bored spending time the traditional way?

Even if the bars, or whatever are out of the way its not a big deal, i'm just looking for some 'non-touristy' stuff.

:character0050: :character0050: :character0050:

I'm flying down to West Palm to visit my Dad on the 20th, we're then driving to Ft. Meyers. Are there any cool bars i can suggest to the family so that i'm not terribly bored spending time the traditional way?

Even if the bars, or whatever are out of the way its not a big deal, i'm just looking for some 'non-touristy' stuff.

Just hit A1A (the Strip) and there will be all the chicks and bars you can ask for.

Just hit A1A (the Strip) and there will be all the chicks and bars you can ask for.

that's ft. myers beach right? i'm pretty familiar with that strip, the north end tends to have the activity. i might end up going there, but i don't remember seeingmany pool tables at those bars. lord knows i love the pool.

13 and I go there every August for a long weekend. We never miss a little place called Dusseldors. They have about 150 different kinds of bottled beer (and some on tap). No pool, but they have that trivia game that is networked thru out the bars. This is a lunch place, not a night out. Also, the Beached Whale has a live rock band on the weekends. Have fun ! We'll be there mid-August.

13 and I go there every August for a long weekend. We never miss a little place called Dusseldors. They have about 150 different kinds of bottled beer (and some on tap). No pool, but they have that trivia game that is networked thru out the bars. This is a lunch place, not a night out. Also, the Beached Whale has a live rock band on the weekends. Have fun ! We'll be there mid-August.

I appreciate the advice, I'll have to look that up on google to find out how to get there. I get to drive my dad's sports care around all weekend, so i hope i get chitty directions :).

Maybe i'll leave you a super-secret note behind a door somewhere...infact, i will do that.

more information will follow.

:character0050:

I appreciate the advice, I'll have to look that up on google to find out how to get there. I get to drive my dad's sports care around all weekend, so i hope i get chitty directions :).

Maybe i'll leave you a super-secret note behind a door somewhere...infact, i will do that.

Why don't you just carve your name into the wall or table like in the Shawshank Redemption? Don't let the bouncer see you though or it could turn out badly.

funny - a secret message ! P.S. I spelled it wrong. Its is Dusseldorfs.

Why don't you just carve your name into the wall or table like in the Shawshank Redemption? Don't let the bouncer see you though or it could turn out badly.

didn't he hang himself right after he did that? What are you trying to suggest? I mean i'll do it, if for no other reason than to put it on your consience.

didn't he hang himself right after he did that? What are you trying to suggest? I mean i'll do it, if for no other reason than to put it on your consience.

Does this mean your group will need one less ticket for the Dolphins game?

also md-there is a wildlife preserve on the edge of the Everglades off of Hwy 441 on the Boynton/Delray line where you can walk through and see aligators in the wild 12-15 footers.It's kinda like seeing dinosaurs roaming the earth

hey md-Thursday nights are Ladies nights at the bar I play in Wellington-also-I just heard there is this country bar on Tuesdays that is shoulder to shoulder in West Palm-PM me if you need any ideas

Thursday??? i'm coming down late friday, leaving late tuesday. if you play anywhere between ft. myers, and west palm i can make it. i'd like to see your set. Let me know.

Thursday??? i'm coming down late friday, leaving late tuesday. if you play anywhere between ft. myers, and west palm i can make it. i'd like to see your set. Let me know.

yea I'm doing 4 nights a week right now Tuesdays,Thursdays,Fridays and Saturdays in Wellington at Nicoles Village Tavern 561 793 3456 9-12 PM

also md-there is a wildlife preserve on the edge of the Everglades off of Hwy 441 on the Boynton/Delray line where you can walk through and see aligators in the wild 12-15 footers.It's kinda like seeing dinosaurs roaming the earth

This is my speed man! Herpetology! Whoo-hoo! I actually work with Gators here in Texas for research from time to time, but I will be in Miami in September and I hope to sneak off to the Glades for sure! The only place in the world where Alligators and Crocodiles coexist, outstanding!

Ok, so I will let the cat out of the bag; my sigpic is not really me. Here is a photograph of me after wranglin' a 9-footer; yee-haw!

IMG_0407.jpg

This is my speed man! Herpetology! Whoo-hoo! I actually work with Gators here in Texas for research from time to time, but I will be in Miami in September and I hope to sneak off to the Glades for sure! The only place in the world where Alligators and Crocodiles coexist, outstanding!

Ok, so I will let the cat out of the bag; my sigpic is not really me. Here is a photograph of me after wranglin' a 9-footer; yee-haw!

IMG_0407.jpg

very cool RTJ-I'm gonna find out what that Wildlifre Preserve is called for you-it's definitely a must-do thing when you're down this-a-way. Also, it not a tourist-y thing to do-a kind of hidden secret round here.Most locals don't even know about it

here it is...Google up...

Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge

Thanks for the insight! Looks amazing! I have always wanted to visit the Glades, but have yet to go. This Refuge is run by the USFWS, so I may be able to pull some strings and get the VIP tour! Here's hoping and thanks again! :cheers:

BTW, I like bars and music too, so when the time gets closer, I'll give you a shout!

Hey bro...My nieces Husband is the GM of a bar in West palm...check them out..

http://www.nothinfancyfl.com/

If you want, PM me and I will give him a heads up that you are coming

That's awsome, I think i'll be back in west palm on sunday and or monday night. i know we are going across the state to visit dear old grandma :) for the first few nights. I will definatly PM you if we come back to west palm one of those nights.

thanks

yea I'm doing 4 nights a week right now Tuesdays,Thursdays,Fridays and Saturdays in Wellington at Nicoles Village Tavern 561 793 3456 9-12 PM

I just checked mapquest, i didn't realize wellington was right there. I'll really try to make it back to wellington to see your set. I've heard (through other posts) that its definatly worth it.

IMG_0407.jpg

I wanna see a pic of you after you wrangled that 400 pounder in your sig.

• 2 weeks later...

So i'm in florida and nobody told me it was going to be this muggy. i thought that was a northern thing. What the hell ?

also, storms seem to come in and go every 15 minutes.

and finally,i thought wisconsin drivers were bad, but damn, driving alligator alley is a whole new experience in the way of automotive travel.

otherwise, its a good state in the summer, the houses are just nuts north of Ft. Meyers beach.

So i'm in florida and nobody told me it was going to be this muggy. i thought that was a northern thing. What the hell ?

also, storms seem to come in and go every 15 minutes.

and finally,i thought wisconsin drivers were bad, but damn, driving alligator alley is a whole new experience in the way of automotive travel.

otherwise, its a good state in the summer, the houses are just nuts north of Ft. Meyers beach.

I thought I warned it was gonna be Africa-hot in a PM MD....

I thought I warned it was gonna be Africa-hot in a PM MD....

you you really did. its cool though i like the change of pace. how did your show go on friday?

long story, i'll paraphrase. i had a flight leaving for WEst palm at 1030. got in early from milwaukee, so i snaked my way on to the 930 (meaning i could make the show), i get seated, waited...waited...waited, no hydrolics. they take the plane back to the hanger, unload us wait for two hours (they did not let me back on my original flight) waited...waited...at 3:00am our plane left for West palm.

so i missed your show.

i hate delta.

Archived