Yanks must go 20-7

nj meadowlands

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking over the schedule, and including teh make-up game with the O's, with a 2 run lead in the 8th, I think something on teh order of 22-7 is needed for the run from July 12 - Aug. 8. Anything less than that, and you need to hope that the Bosox play below .500 ball, which may happen, as they have been around that mark the past 50+ games.

6-2 so far, need to go 16-5 the next 3 weeks.

Looking over the schedule, and including teh make-up game with the O's, with a 2 run lead in the 8th, I think something on teh order of 22-7 is needed for the run from July 12 - Aug. 8. Anything less than that, and you need to hope that the Bosox play below .500 ball, which may happen, as they have been around that mark the past 50+ games.

6-2 so far, need to go 16-5 the next 3 weeks.

mbn- I'm sorry, but this is my thread. 20-7 is the mark. If you want to start the 22-7 thread, go ahead. :razz:

POTW!! This is most true. Forget that the Bosox spent 100 million+ on Dice-K, 70 million on Drew, and 36 million on Lugo.

Do the Sox have the same payroll in 07 as the Yanks? Lotta millions coming off the books as well this winter. Yankee fans shouldn't get in payroll debates just yet.

These next 4 games are the biggest of the stretch. With the Red Sox and Indians playing each other, they gain ground with every win. The Yanks really need a sweep of the Royals, and they will be right in the thick of the post season hunt!

These next 4 games are the biggest of the stretch. With the Red Sox and Indians playing each other, they gain ground with every win. The Yanks really need a sweep of the Royals, and they will be right in the thick of the post season hunt!

Easier said than done. The Royals are playing fairly well right now. Royals went 5-4 on their 9 game road swing against the Sox, Indians and Tigers.

Do the Sox have the same payroll in 07 as the Yanks? Lotta millions coming off the books as well this winter. Yankee fans shouldn't get in payroll debates just yet.

Nobody is getting in a payroll debtate. They are simply stating that Bosox will take the attention off the action on the field once things falls apart for the Sox.

I'm not even thnking about catching the Sux. I'll be happy if the Yankees win 90 games, that should give them a realistic chance at the Wild Card.

Both are pretty much equally in striking distance. The division is still very winnable.

I'm not even thnking about catching the Sux. I'll be happy if the Yankees win 90 games, that should give them a realistic chance at the Wild Card.

The yankees are the same distance behind boston as they are behind the WC so they are equally possible...

Easier said than done. The Royals are playing fairly well right now. Royals went 5-4 on their 9 game road swing against the Sox, Indians and Tigers.

Which is not bad at all for the Royals.

Nothing is easy with the Yanks. Yeah they should go in and lay a whuppin on the Royals but the Sox were probably thinking the same thing last week.

Yanks "should" have a pretty easy rest of July.

4 vs Royals

4 vs Orioles (This includes the suspended game that will be completed)

3 vs White Sox

3 vs Royals

3 vs Toronto

That takes you up to AUG 10th. That is 17 games where the Yankees "should" do some major ground gaining.

Which is not bad at all for the Royals.

Nothing is easy with the Yanks. Yeah they should go in and lay a whuppin on the Royals but the Sox were probably thinking the same thing last week.

Yanks "should" have a pretty easy rest of July.

4 vs Royals

4 vs Orioles (This includes the suspended game that will be completed)

3 vs White Sox

3 vs Royals

3 vs Toronto

That takes you up to AUG 10th. That is 17 games where the Yankees "should" do some major ground gaining.

Then the Yanks finally play some decent teams.......get close by 8/10 and at that point the Yanks get a shot at showing they are on the same level as Detroit-Cleveland -Boston and Anaheim. A good run can put them in a position to pass a team or two.

Personally, Detroit and Cleveland scare me more than Boston.

With our rotation and bullpen, you don't want to mess with the Sox. Seeing Schill, Beckett and Dice-K 2 times in a 7 game series is lethal. And with our set-up guys (Okajima, Delcarmen and Timlin) and Papelbon closing things down, we only need the starter to keep it under wraps for 6 innings. I'd be very afraid of the Sox come october. Pitching wins titles my friend. Detroit has the same capabilities, but will their bullpen be healthy?

With our rotation and bullpen, you don't want to mess with the Sox. Seeing Schill, Beckett and Dice-K 2 times in a 7 game series is lethal. And with our set-up guys (Okajima, Delcarmen and Timlin) and Papelbon closing things down, we only need the starter to keep it under wraps for 6 innings. I'd be very afraid of the Sox come october. Pitching wins titles my friend. Detroit has the same capabilities, but will their bullpen be healthy?

Your rotation doesnt scare me. Granted The Sox pen is probably the best in the AL, the lineup just isnt that good.

Your rotation doesnt scare me. Granted The Sox pen is probably the best in the AL, the lineup just isnt that good.

exactly....until the Sox rotation proves they can go out without getting handled pretty well by the Yanks line up I'm not worried. Not to say they can't, just that they haven't so far this year. Theyve beaten the Yankee bullpen and relied on offense to bail out their starters. If the Yankee pen is improved, the Yanks should have much better results.

So Curt Schilling and Josh Beckett vs. the Yankees in the postseason doesn't scare you? Given thier playoff track records against the Yankees and in general?

Archived