Ron Villone

AFJF

So why is he in the Major Leagues again?

Thank god Crawford swung the bat and didn't draw a walk like the two hitters around him. Villone did his best to give up a grand slam but Crawford wouldn't let him do it. Oh wait, he didn't walk both baserunners...went to a 3 ball count before it got ripped for a single...much better.

Can't lose games like this. You gotta beat the D' Rays. You get beat by Kazmir you can live with it but tonight was Jackson and he should have been hammered.

Kyle Farnsworthless can die though.

I think Villone was brought in so they could have a lefty/righty combo of worthless pieces of **** out of the pen.

Farnsworth pisses me off. Its amazing how someone with his stuff gets lit up so much.

Absolutely...the guy can come in and overpower everybody he faces or he can get ripped by the likes of Dionar Navarro:confused:

When his team isn't 20 games over .500 and 10 games in front.;)

D-Rays giving Yanks all they can handle----great play by Phillips though.

Must have save here by MO.

Dammit...I know the Yankees would be the ones with the 10 game lead if they had Lugo instead of Jeter;)

Big DP....how can you not get a bunt down?

I was thinking the same exact thing...didn't even try to bunt did he? Sac bunt and all Pena would have to do is hit one in the air or past a drawn in infield.

Crazy game. Nice win, showed some guts.

A few things though:

1. Mussina isnt fooling anyone with his 86mph fastball, and slop breakin stuff in the dirt.

2. Back Abreu off the plate, and he caves in.

3. Farnsworth blows, why wasnt Proctor in the game there? 94 mph fastball from Farns? WTF

4. Villone is not a guy who should be pitching in tight situations.

5. Mo is still the best.

Crazy game. Nice win, showed some guts.

A few things though:

1. Mussina isnt fooling anyone with his 86mph fastball, and slop breakin stuff in the dirt.

2. Back Abreu off the plate, and he caves in.

3. Farnsworth blows, why wasnt Proctor in the game there? 94 mph fastball from Farns? WTF

4. Villone is not a guy who should be pitching in tight situations.

5. Mo is still the best.

I did see Farnsworth hit 96 but it didn't matter because he was still getting hit hard.

Villone has been a mop up/meaningless arm since getting called up and that is the role he should continue to fill if Joe Torre and Cash are so in love with him that they insist on keeping him on the roster.

I did see Farnsworth hit 96 but it didn't matter because he was still getting hit hard.

Villone has been a mop up/meaningless arm since getting called up and that is the role he should continue to fill if Joe Torre and Cash are so in love with him that they insist on keeping him on the roster.

Mussina pisses me off, and he basically turns us into a national league lineup.

The pre-Mo pecking order should be: Proctor, Vizcaino, Bruney, Farnsworth.

I'm still not ready to bury Villone. He's better than Mike Myers because he actually challenges hitters. We also need to see what Edwar Ramirez has a little bit more.

Archived