Cutler will accomplish more than Young;Leinart

TNJet

Yes in the NFL young Jay Cutler will have a more successful career than Vince or Matt the 2 qb's selected ahead of him over a year ago.You heard it here folks,just like I thought a year ago and I'm still stickin behind it! Man I wanted Cutler...If only we woulda taken Jay 1st,then Mangold at 29 then Marcus Mcneil in the 2nd rnd for our LT.He was a force in his rookie year with SD.Broncos already have a better team than the Titans or the Cards which also benefits Jay.

Completely agree. Vince Young is a glorified Michael Vick, Matt Leinart still has a suspect arm, even with one of the best wide receiver combo's in the NFL. As you said, Denver already has the better team and Cutler has all the tools that point to success. My money is on Cutler to have the best career of the three and Leinart will be a close second because I believe Whisenhunt will turn his career around, but even with better targets will not be a better Quarterback then Cutler.

Yes in the NFL young Jay Cutler will have a more successful career than Vince or Matt the 2 qb's selected ahead of him over a year ago.You heard it here folks,just like I thought a year ago and I'm still stickin behind it! Man I wanted Cutler...If only we woulda taken Jay 1st,then Mangold at 29 then Marcus Mcneil in the 2nd rnd for our LT.He was a force in his rookie year with SD.Broncos already have a better team than the Titans or the Cards which also benefits Jay.

It doesn't have much to do with any of their qb skills. Cutler will have a better year because of what you wrote at the end. He has a better supporting cast. Other then a few minor attributes these three are pretty equal in my opinion. I do agree with you as far as us taking Cutler first, then Manchild, and then Mcneil. But honestly I thought fergie was going to be a monster. He did alright last season, but right now he's looking like he's the second best ot from that draft.

And i don't know how we missed Nathan Vasher, or Joseph Addai, or Ray Lewis, or...come on, this mcneil thing is over blown, no one knew he would be this effective, and he still has the back problem.

And i don't know how we missed Nathan Vasher, or Joseph Addai, or Ray Lewis, or...come on, this mcneil thing is over blown, no one knew he would be this effective, and he still has the back problem.

Actually a player of his size and athleticism coming from the SEC,most people thought he would be a good linemen.

...and the best RB in football running behind him.

that wouldve had about 250 yds chipped off last season w/o Mcneil.

You don't know that. Personally I think LT makes every member of that OL look better than they actually are. Not the other way around.

Actually a player of his size and athleticism coming from the SEC,most people thought he would be a good linemen.

a lot of peopl had brick rated very highly too. We went with brick who was a good choice (to me a great choice). We knew we would get good to great pass protection, and with his strength in character, assumed the jets could get him in the weight room and improve his run blocking.

Lets remember this is the draft we pulled 3 or more possible pro bowlers (brick, mangold, leon, b. smith or even eric smith). I feel i am in no position to even ask for a better draft than what we actually got.

When the draft rolled around back in 2006, I actually thought the Jets were going to take Cutler at 4. I remember reading about how he was the only QB that all of Mangini, Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson met with. And how Cutler aced the film and questions they threw at him, and how he said he actually liked meeting with the Jets.

And then when they were on the clock at #4, I knew they'd go the safe route (and I didnt have a real big problem with it, I admit), but I had this weird feeling that the Jets really WANTED to select Jay Cutler, but were just alittle too gun shy about it and just played it safe with the OT.

And remember how we supposedly had the "tentative deal" with the Ravens at 12, that if Cutler was still on the board and Ngata was off the board (thats who the Ravens wanted, and later picked) that we would trade #29 and #35 to move up and take Cutler. I remember that in the star ledger the day before the draft.

Hopefully it doesnt become another screw up in the Jets draft history, but it isnt lookin very good right now. I think Dbrick will become a solid to very good OT, but its all about the QB and always will be.

Clemens has to be the real deal or else.

When the draft rolled around back in 2006, I actually thought the Jets were going to take Cutler at 4. I remember reading about how he was the only QB that all of Mangini, Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson met with. And how Cutler aced the film and questions they threw at him, and how he said he actually liked meeting with the Jets.

And then when they were on the clock at #4, I knew they'd go the safe route (and I didnt have a real big problem with it, I admit), but I had this weird feeling that the Jets really WANTED to select Jay Cutler, but were just alittle too gun shy about it and just played it safe with the OT.

And remember how we supposedly had the "tentative deal" with the Ravens at 12, that if Cutler was still on the board and Ngata was off the board (thats who the Ravens wanted, and later picked) that we would trade #29 and #35 to move up and take Cutler. I remember that in the star ledger the day before the draft.

Hopefully it doesnt become another screw up in the Jets draft history, but it isnt lookin very good right now. I think Dbrick will become a solid to very good OT, but its all about the QB and always will be.

Clemens has to be the real deal or else.

yep,and I also remeber being ecstatic when I read that,because I wanted him more than anybody else in the draft,do I think Brick will be great,sure I do,but a great qb I'll take over a great LT anyday,thats just me.And I also remember how hurt I was when Denver moved up and stole him from us at 11 bastards! Not only all that but he went to an AFC team that we will end up facing sooner or later and lets hope he doesnt smoke up Clemens in a head to head battle in a couple yrs!

yep,and I also remeber being ecstatic when I read that,because I wanted him more than anybody else in the draft,do I think Brick will be great,sure I do,but a great qb I'll take over a great LT anyday,thats just me.And I also remember how hurt I was when Denver moved up and stole him from us at 11 bastards! Not only all that but he went to an AFC team that we will end up facing sooner or later and lets hope he doesnt smoke up Clemens in a head to head battle in a couple yrs!

I was pissed when denver did that, too. :bag:

It came out of nowhere. Do you know what denver gave up to move up? Werent they at like #22 or somethin?

I was pissed when denver did that, too. :bag:

It came out of nowhere. Do you know what denver gave up to move up? Werent they at like #22 or somethin?

yeah at 22,they actually new that the jets were going to select him at 13,thats why they bolted...nah I dunno what they gave up.Cutler kinda reminds me of Marino in his release...he fires it with such confidence and strides into it on his left leg just like Marino did when he was a kid...pure passer with a rocket arm. :)

Both you and I wanted Cutler, Barton. But, with Cutler we wouldn't have been able to select Mangold, who I believe will be the best Offensive Lineman taken in that draft, better than Marcus McNeil and D'Brickashaw Ferguson, although I think Ferguson will be a stellar OT, along with McNeil, for 10+ NFL seasons.

yeah at 22,they actually new that the jets were going to select him at 13,thats why they bolted...nah I dunno what they gave up.Cutler kinda reminds me of Marino in his release...he fires it with such confidence and strides into it on his left leg just like Marino did when he was a kid...pure passer with a rocket arm. :)

I looked it up, and the broncos were originally at 22, but later moved to to #15. Then, on draft day they moved up from #15 to #11 with the rams, only giving up a 3rd rd pick. I dont remember what got the broncos from #22 to #15, but w/e.

Broncos Trade Up to Draft Cutler

April 29, 2006The Denver Broncos gave up a third round pick (68th overall) and its first rounder (15th overall) in a trade with Saint Louis in order to draft Cutler at number 11, just behind USC quarterback Matt Leinart. Cutler ran a 4.77 in the 40-yard dash at the combine and also showcased his strong throwing arm, considered the strongest among the top three QB's.

Just hope for Clemens to be the real deal. :cool:

I wonder whatever happened to MJ Gilles, I wanted us to get him. There were a bunch of players i was eyeing that draft, and McNeil and Cutler were 2 others. I also was high on Deangelo Williams. DeAngelo wound up on the Panthers and for some odd reason is backing up Foster or whatever his name is. I don't get it.

I wonder whatever happened to MJ Gilles, I wanted us to get him. There were a bunch of players i was eyeing that draft, and McNeil and Cutler were 2 others. I also was high on Deangelo Williams. DeAngelo wound up on the Panthers and for some odd reason is backing up Foster or whatever his name is. I don't get it.

Probably not for long though.

IMO CUTLER has always received a lot of hype. A great QB is supposed to elevate the play of thise around him. see Vanderbilt! CUTLER is playing for a great Offensive genius. He has a great supporting cast, much better then Leinart's or Young's. He ought to have better stats then them! Yet, what did he do so great last season? He has had a Vinny-like ability to throw INTS at the wrong time! That has been his trademark for years! I look for him to be better then YOUNG or Leinart simply because of his great teammates and Shanahan! Put those guys on the Broncos and they would be much better too! It is time for CUTLER to finally live up to his hype!

Jay Cutler will be far and away the best QB from that draft class. He has everything. There are no weaknesses in his game, and he landed with a very good team that has a great coach. Leinart will have a solid career, but he doesn't have the arm to put him on the same level as Cutler. Vince Young is not a quarterback.

I think DeAngelo Williams will be the steal of the draft and the best RB taken in it. Last year he backed up Foster cause he had an injury most of the season. He should see more playing time this year.

Jay Cutler will be far and away the best QB from that draft class. He has everything. There are no weaknesses in his game, and he landed with a very good team that has a great coach. Leinart will have a solid career, but he doesn't have the arm to put him on the same level as Cutler. Vince Young is not a quarterback.

Cryin' Ryan Leaf had a great arm too and where is he now? Jeff George had an arm better then CUTLER. What did he do with it? IMO it is great to have a cannon AND know what to do with it! See: FARVE. All Leinart did was win in college. Put him with the BRONCOS and IMO he would win just as much as CUTLER PROJECTS to. I think YOUNG would win more then CUTLER if he had as good of a team. But TIME alone will tell. As it stands right now CUTLER is a talented QB and so is Leinart and Young! He happens to be with a much better team then either of those two. But what did CUTLER do with that team last year?

2006 with Leinart, Cutler and Young is going to be the best trio of QB's to come out of the draft since Elway, Kelly and Marino. All three of them showed a great deal of promise last year.

I think early on Cutler will win the most games out of the big three but he is on a way better team. The Broncos have it all right now. An excellent defense with maybe the best secondary in football with Bailey and Bly. Offensive line is excellent and they now have a top-notch RB in Travis Henry and playmakers like Javon Walker and a great blocking TE in Daniel Graham. Cutler walked into a great situation in Denver, no doubt.

As for the McNeill second-guessing, it's more about Brick being an overrated player coming out of college than McNeill turning out to be a superstar. That 2006 draft class was loaded at the O-line positions and there was no need to pass up Leinart and Cutler to grab an undersized Tackle, especially in a draft that deep at the position.

I think DeAngelo Williams will be the steal of the draft and the best RB taken in it. Last year he backed up Foster cause he had an injury most of the season. He should see more playing time this year.

I disagree. I forget his name, that guy picked #2....

I disagree. I forget his name, that guy picked #2....

Oh you mean the most overhyped player to ever be in the draft? The guy who probably has more endorsment deals then rushing yards? Bush will not be a good RB he can catch out of the backfield he won't be a great rusher. Duece is all the Saints need.

Oh you mean the most overhyped player to ever be in the draft? The guy who probably has more endorsment deals then rushing yards? Bush will not be a good RB he can catch out of the backfield he won't be a great rusher. Duece is all the Saints need.

Ill take MJD over both of them if I have to pick a feature back of the 2nd year guys. For fantasy football purposes Ill take Addai over both all 3 of them

IMO CUTLER has always received a lot of hype. A great QB is supposed to elevate the play of thise around him. see Vanderbilt! CUTLER is playing for a great Offensive genius. He has a great supporting cast, much better then Leinart's or Young's. He ought to have better stats then them! Yet, what did he do so great last season? He has had a Vinny-like ability to throw INTS at the wrong time! That has been his trademark for years! I look for him to be better then YOUNG or Leinart simply because of his great teammates and Shanahan! Put those guys on the Broncos and they would be much better too! It is time for CUTLER to finally live up to his hype!

Yes, see vanderbilt. He elevated a crap a## program to a near bowl game berth, and he beat the rival tenn volunteers. He also took florida, at florida, to OT and nearly beat them too.

Cutler actually faced legit teams now and then, not puzzy pac 10 garbage. And Cutler did have better stats than Leinart and Young last season, not that it means much but at least get your facts straight.

It is time for Cutler to finally live up to his hype? LOL, he's entering his 1st year as the starting QB. Relax. He has had a vinny like ability to throw ints at the wrong time and its been his trademark for years?

HE'S BEEN IN THE LEAGUE 1 SEASON AND ONLY STARTED 5 GAMES. WTF are you speaking of?

At this point I think all three QB's are in great situations to succeed. Obviously Vince is a little behind th 8-Ball considering the talent around him is horrible. But I still think 3-5 years down the road all 3 will be considered top QB's in the league.

Yes, see vanderbilt. He elevated a crap a## program to a near bowl game berth, and he beat the rival tenn volunteers. He also took florida, at florida, to OT and nearly beat them too.

Cutler actually faced legit teams now and then, not puzzy pac 10 garbage. And Cutler did have better stats than Leinart and Young last season, not that it means much but at least get your facts straight.

It is time for Cutler to finally live up to his hype? LOL, he's entering his 1st year as the starting QB. Relax. He has had a vinny like ability to throw ints at the wrong time and its been his trademark for years?

HE'S BEEN IN THE LEAGUE 1 SEASON AND ONLY STARTED 5 GAMES. WTF are you speaking of?

thanks for posting it before I did.

Cryin' Ryan Leaf had a great arm too and where is he now? Jeff George had an arm better then CUTLER. What did he do with it? IMO it is great to have a cannon AND know what to do with it! See: FARVE. All Leinart did was win in college. Put him with the BRONCOS and IMO he would win just as much as CUTLER PROJECTS to. I think YOUNG would win more then CUTLER if he had as good of a team. But TIME alone will tell. As it stands right now CUTLER is a talented QB and so is Leinart and Young! He happens to be with a much better team then either of those two. But what did CUTLER do with that team last year?

All Leinart did was win in college, so that makes him better than Cutler? Can you name me ONE player that played with Cutler at Vanderbilt? Just ONE, without looking it up? Did you also believe Tee Martin was better than Peyton Manning?

And do not give me that BS about Leinart having no talent around him. I am sure Jay Cutler would have killed to have been throwing the ball to Fitz and Boldin and handing it to Edge last season. Rather than handing it to the amazing Bell sisters and having Rod Smith as his #2 option. Think Leinart would have traded skill position players?

BTW, Cutler threw 9 TDs in five starts last year. He also threw 5 INTs.

Leinart threw 11 TDs in twelve games last year. He threw 12 INTs.

Young threw 12 TDs in 15 games last year. He threw 13 INTs.

Cutler was the ONLY of those QBs to throw more TDs than INTs, and he did it by a decent margin for only making 5 starts. He also averaged a yard more per attempt than Young and a half-yard more than Leinart.

Why do you have irrational hatred towards Jay Cutler? He stepped in late last season after not taking a snap all year, nearly got the team into the playoffs, and played better than the more heralded media darlings that were drafted ahead of him.

his college career is filled with INTS! He beat teams when they were playing scrubs or had major injuries; Why not mention the fact that he lost way more then he won at Vandy?

The only stats that mean anything are: wins and losses. YOUNG had more then him last year and with a terrible team! Lets try to be fair and give all the QBs spoken about here the usual 3 years to show their stuff. But lets not forget that the BRONCOS are already a mighty team with a great Offensive minded HC calling the shots. If CUTLER is as great as you are saying they should be odds -on favorites to win the SB this year or next. What do you think? PS: I don't think it will happen this year!

his college career is filled with INTS! He beat teams when they were playing scrubs or had major injuries; Why not mention the fact that he lost way more then he won at Vandy?

The only stats that mean anything are: wins and losses. YOUNG had more then him last year and with a terrible team! Lets try to be fair and give all the QBs spoken about here the usual 3 years to show their stuff. But lets not forget that the BRONCOS are already a mighty team with a great Offensive minded HC calling the shots. If CUTLER is as great as you are saying they should be odds -on favorites to win the SB this year or next. What do you think? PS: I don't think it will happen this year!

"Vince's" team last year was totally carried by two men: Adam Jones and Travis Henry. Neither is there this year, so now we really get to see what the "rookie of the year" is made of.

You do realize that Vanderbilt sucks every year and will always suck, don't you? Cutler was the only player making any kind of plays for them. Leinart and Young's teams in college had a lot more talent on both sides of the ball than Cutler. Trying to compare their college careers is pointless now that they're in the NFL, especially considering their teams were not even close to being equal talent-wise.

Archived