'07,best jets special teams ever?

TNJet

Man I am so pumped about our st its insane.Just lookat our guys....Nugent,Graham,Miller,Washington,Stuckey,now Revis on PR...man Westoff as our coach,I say our spt wins about 4 games for us alone this year!

There will be a lot of competition for all the spots on Special Teams, and don't forget our depth at returners is extremely solid with the addition of Revis.

KR's

Justin Miller

Leon Washington

Jerricho Cotchery

PR's

Tim Dwight

Darrelle Revis

Leon Washington

Justin McCareins - Solid if you need a fair catch.

There will be a lot of competition for all the spots on Special Teams, and don't forget our depth at returners is extremely solid with the addition of Revis.

KR's

Justin Miller

Leon Washington

Jerricho Cotchery

PR's

Tim Dwight

Darrelle Revis

Leon Washington

Justin McCareins - Solid if you need a fair catch.

I really think Stuckey can contribute on spt with his sure hands and great speed,he reminds me of Santana Moss,but not as slippery fast.

I really think Stuckey can contribute on spt with his sure hands and great speed,he reminds me of Santana Moss,but not as slippery fast.

I really like Chansi Stuckey and I had him going Round 3 so to get in the 7th round I think was a major steal for us, but I don't think he is as fast as Santana Moss. That being said, I also don't think he's just a possession receiver, which is what some so called "experts" have said they think he will become. I truely beleive that in 2 or 3 years, when Laveranues Coles says he plans to retire, that Stuckey could leap into the starting lineup along side Jerricho Cotchery and we wouldn't be losing too much. Lets just hope he can remain healthy.

I am also expecting a big year out of Mike Westhoff's unit. The kicking finished up amongst the top units in the league with the only blemish being the short kickoffs from nooge. A big blemish in my mind no matter how often stat-takers will tell us that average starting position of opponents was not all that terrible.

JMac will presumably be participating from the get-go this year and he should be treating every week as an audition. BECAUSE IT IS. Our linebacker depth seems better than in the past and that is usually a source for special teams fodder. Time to step up here Mr. Schlegel.

Justin Miller needs to show that he can hang onto the ball better then he can escape pursuers in garages late at night.

I really like Chansi Stuckey and I had him going Round 3 so to get in the 7th round I think was a major steal for us, but I don't think he is as fast as Santana Moss. That being said, I also don't think he's just a possession receiver, which is what some so called "experts" have said they think he will become. I truely beleive that in 2 or 3 years, when Laveranues Coles says he plans to retire, that Stuckey could leap into the starting lineup along side Jerricho Cotchery and we wouldn't be losing too much. Lets just hope he can remain healthy.

From what I have heard, Stuckey would have been an early second day pick had he not had the foot injury. I see him as a legitimate slot receiver, considering he has great acceleration off the line. Maybe not this year, but in the future.

Archived