Jets | Wong signed

Smizzy

Europa WR Wong Added

Published: 07-16-07

By Jets PR Department

Regular Contributor

change font email article

The New York Jets have signed free agent WR Juan Wong, who spent the past season with the Hamburg Sea Devils of NFL Europa. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Wong will receive an International NFL/EL exemption on the Jets' roster.

Wong (5'11", 179) returned for a second season in NFL Europa after being assigned to Hamburg at the conclusion of the 2007 international minicamp and finished the regular season with one reception for 11 yards. Then in the Sea Devils' first World Bowl appearance, he had one reception for 26 yards in the 37-28 victory over the Frankfurt Galaxy.

In 2006, Wong played for the Rhein Fire and caught three passes for 77 yards and one touchdown.

I always thought Rip Torn took the cake, but that's just me. Best Chinese translation to English ever: "Wu hui ya ni de lian!" My favorite phrase in English: "I'll push your face in!", translated as closely as possible. From long ago, but thanks, plinko. Still love it, and probably soon to be resurrected. :P

I'm thinking Juan is Chinese-American, with excellent exotic accents. Pics of this specimen, please.

I always thought Rip Torn took the cake, but that's just me. Best Chinese translation to English ever: "Wu hui ya ni de lian!" My favorite phrase in English: "I'll push your face in!", translated as closely as possible. From long ago, but thanks, plinko. Still love it, and probably soon to be resurrected. :P

I'm thinking Juan is Chinese-American, with excellent exotic accents. Pics of this specimen, please.

I believe that WONG is from Mexico. Maybe he is oriental but was born in Mexico? I posted this on the first page:

Juan Wong

Height: 5-11/1.80

Weight: 179/81

Date of Birth: 6/5/81

Position: WR

College: None

How Acquired: Nat/Mexico

PRO CAREER

• Returns for a second season in NFL Europa after being assigned to the Hamburg Sea Devils at the conclusion of international player minicamp in Tampa, Florida

• Played for the Rhein Fire in 2006 and caught 3 passes for 77 yards and 1 touchdown

AMATEUR

• A member of the Mexican national team

• Competed for the World Cup crown in Germany in 2005

• Was named to the Mexican All-Star team in 2003

• Was Mexico’s Offensive Player of the Year in 2002

• Received Mexican football’s Rookie of the Year prize in 2001

I believe that WONG is from Mexico. Maybe he is oriental but was born in Mexico? I posted this on the first page:

Juan Wong

Height: 5-11/1.80

Weight: 179/81

Date of Birth: 6/5/81

Position: WR

College: None

How Acquired: Nat/Mexico...

Ah, I was day-dreaming about his exotic potential and got caught off my game. I'm down with the combo nonetheless. Again, pics please. Is that shallow of me? Hehe. :)

His size is really small-more of a public relations goodwill for NFL Europa if you ask me.

No need to get PR goodwill for NFL Europa because that league has folded. The NFL is still allowing the exemption for additional players, so it's an extra player that doesn't take space on the actual roster. No harm, no foul and basically no chance to make the team.

Okay, I'm officially starting the new JetNation fan club.... the Juan and only... "the Wong Team". He's going to be a star I tell you.

I can hear the confusion among the opposing cornerbacks already:

"Why didn't you cover him?!"

"I did! But the you told me I was covering the Wong guy."

Archived