Man calls 911 to save him from police.

Alk

Only in Florida. :shock:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19795748/?GT1=10150

LARGO, Fla. - A 38-year-old man was arrested after he called 911 and told a dispatcher he was surrounded by police officers and needed help, authorities said.

Police officers met Dana Farrell Shelton after being called to investigate a disturbance at a bar on Sunday but had found no problems and told him to move along.

Shelton, who officers said appeared intoxicated, then called 911 to report he was "surrounded by Largo police," according to an arrest affidavit.

"Our officers were standing there scratching their heads. He called, standing there in their presence," Largo Sgt. Melanie Holley said. "It's one of our 'truth is stranger than fiction' cases."

Shelton was charged with misdemeanor misuse of 911. The charge carries maximum penalties of one year in jail and $1,000 in fines.

Well with the rash of police brutality videos in the last few weeks for much less harmless things than being hammered, can you exactly blame the guy?

He was white. You act like the cops are all named Joe Torre.

I blame the heat. It makes people crazy!

I hear ya..

Our AC unit busted again.. after we spent $3,200 on a new condenser, the transformer & possibly the motor crapped out on the compressor.. we may be looking at another $900 to repair it and a week w/o air.

I'm on the verge of insanity, myself.

I hear ya..

Our AC unit busted again.. after we spent $3,200 on a new condenser, the transformer & possibly the motor crapped out on the compressor.. we may be looking at another $900 to repair it and a week w/o air.

I'm on the verge of insanity, myself.

:confused0061: When you do decide to go postal and kill eveyone...Steer clear of JN!

Only in Florida. :shock:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19795748/?GT1=10150

LARGO, Fla. - A 38-year-old man was arrested after he called 911 and told a dispatcher he was surrounded by police officers and needed help, authorities said.

Police officers met Dana Farrell Shelton after being called to investigate a disturbance at a bar on Sunday but had found no problems and told him to move along.

Shelton, who officers said appeared intoxicated, then called 911 to report he was "surrounded by Largo police," according to an arrest affidavit.

"Our officers were standing there scratching their heads. He called, standing there in their presence," Largo Sgt. Melanie Holley said. "It's one of our 'truth is stranger than fiction' cases."

Shelton was charged with misdemeanor misuse of 911. The charge carries maximum penalties of one year in jail and $1,000 in fines.

Hmm...I haven't seen SoFlaJets log in for a while now.....:confused0006:

Archived