Grand Central Station...what's going on

SoFlaJets

NY Times

July 18, 2007, 6:18 pm

Buildings Evacuated After Midtown Explosion

By Sewell Chan

UPDATED, 6:25 p.m.

Charles F. Seaton, a New York City Transit spokesman, said that all subway trains on the Nos. 4, 5 and 6 lines were bypassing Grand Central Terminal at the direction of the police.

Paula Forteau, a nanny, said she was at Third Avenue and 38th Street after a supermarket run when

It's plastered all over the local news.... 1 injury reported, hope no kids were in this bus in the pic.

5f6ea6ca053c4188b576fa4hl5.jpg

This frame grab video image taken from WABC TV Eyewitness News shows the scene of a suspected steam explosion near Grand Central Station in Manhattan, Wednesday, July 18, 2007. The New York Police Department said a steam pipe exploded, and had no immediate detail on possible injuries. The NYPD said it does not appear to be terrorism-related. (AP Photo/WABC via AP Television News)

The steam went higher than the Chrysler building. :ahhh:

RIP to the person that didn't make it.

Ugh.

The old man saw it on the way home. Spitting rocks and street gravel a mile high. NYC has an intricate underground. No pun intended. I feel very sorry someone got killed. What the hey.

I would bet a poster of Vinny Testaverde that the first thought of anyone was the ted word. I send sympathy out to the family of the one loss and anyone that was injured, but it is sad that now the first thought that anyone has when something happens is terrorism. I don't want to incite anything, but this is a ****ed up world we live in today, fearing the worst always. At least during the Cold War, it was never constant, and nobody ever saw what could have happened, but we have, and everyday we are reminded of it, even if it wasn't carried out by any group, but was just an accident.

Archived