Team Overview: New York Jets

Smizzy

Team Overview: New York Jets

by Isaac 'Z-Dog' Shalev(Fantasy football site)

In 2004 the New York Jets surprised the experts, flipping their disappointing 6-10 record of 2003, and going to the playoffs as the fifth seed in the AFC. Powered by a dominant rushing attack spearheaded by league rushing champion Curtis Martin, the Jets found success as a run-first team with a tough, opportunistic defense. But the Jets saw their impressive season come to a close when Doug Brien was unable to connect on two potential game-winning field goals late in the divisional playoff game in Pittsburgh, leaving Jets fans to wonder yet again, "what if?"

Thought the Jets were among the better teams in the league last year, their success on the field did not translate into fantasy stardom for many of their players. Other than Martin, who set a career high in yards and scored fourteen touchdowns, nobody else on the team met or exceeded preseason expectations. No Jets' receiver broke the 1,000-yard barrier. No tight end caught more than fifteen balls. And quarterback Chad Pennington spent some time in the trainer

While many have focused on his ten consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons to start his career - a feat achieved by only him and Barry Sanders - what may be most extraordinary about Martin is that at age 32, he is still playing his best football. Since 2001, Martin has produced his two highest rushing totals, and three of his best five. At age 31, he became the oldest player to lead the league in rushing with 1,697 yards. In the last four years, Martin has averaged over 1,400 yards per season. And that includes Martin

While many have focused on his ten consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons to start his career - a feat achieved by only him and Barry Sanders - what may be most extraordinary about Martin is that at age 32, he is still playing his best football. Since 2001, Martin has produced his two highest rushing totals, and three of his best five. At age 31, he became the oldest player to lead the league in rushing with 1,697 yards. In the last four years, Martin has averaged over 1,400 yards per season. And that includes Martin

I am pretty sure Savage is just cutting and pasting his Martin hate at this point.

Ask people like Ham or Warfish that can think,

unlike you and the Koolaid drinking Homers that

know the difference between a Great back and a

Good one..Watching Martin on a excitment level

is on Par with watching Grass grow!! :mrgreen:

And you silly Twit I don't hate Martin he's just

not worth the huge contract that he straps the

Team with!! [-X Here's a Question for you..Who

would you rather have as a W/R Wayne or Al Toon

in their Prime?? Before you answer Wayne has the

better stats Career wise..And before you say I

hate Wayne he's one of my all time Favorite Jet

players but he's keeping a spot from a younger

player from developing to help the Team to the

next Level! :roll:

First of all Happy Memorial Day you crazy Vet. Second, damn you sure are grumpy today.

There are lots of things wrong with the Jets. Curtis Martin is not one of them. He lead the NFL in rushing last year.

You seem ready to call Lamont great. Guess time will tell.

Ask people like Ham or Warfish that can think,

unlike you and the Koolaid drinking Homers that

know the difference between a Great back and a

Good one..Watching Martin on a excitment level

is on Par with watching Grass grow!! :mrgreen:

And you silly Twit I don't hate Martin he's just

not worth the huge contract that he straps the

Team with!! [-X Here's a Question for you..Who

would you rather have as a W/R Wayne or Al Toon

in their Prime?? Before you answer Wayne has the

better stats Career wise..And before you say I

hate Wayne he's one of my all time Favorite Jet