Nice Job Pavano

Barton

Now we need to use our bullpen for 6 innings, good job!!!

sidenote: This homeplate umpire is complete sh*t, he's squeezing Pavano on the outside corner WAY too much and Pavano isn't helping himself by trying to play darts with Flaherty.......JUST PITCH MAN!!

Not a good outing today for my boy Pavano at all. Clement on the other hand has been amazing. A-Rod has been the only Yankee able to hit him, 2-2, and thank god or else we'd be no-hit right now. Going to the Top of the 5th down 5-0 with STANTON pitching just isn't the greatest thing you could have in the world. #-o[-X

Comeon Yankees! Comeback time, please!

Now that it's totally out of control, past time to send Varitek and some other Sawx onto their a$$. How many times have the Sawx drilled Jeter-15? Enough. This game's over. get some payback and send a message.

Game Over. :x

Notes and Observations:

This umpire crew was terrible

Pavano needs to lighten up

Flaherty hits like a woman

Giambi still S U C K S

Matsui needs to find his stroke, he's fouling off pitches that normally he'd hit outa the park

Yankees will win tomorrow

Now that it's totally out of control, past time to send Varitek and some other Sawx onto their a$$. How many times have the Sawx drilled Jeter-15? Enough. This game's over. get some payback and send a message.

SERIOUSLY

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

HOW MANY EFFIN TIMES DOES OUT CAPTAIN HAVE TO GET HIT IN THE UPPER BODY UNTIL OUR PUSSY PITCHERS STRIKE BACK??

I WANNA KNOW!!!

Knock Varitek ON HIS ASS

There's two things we can do.

Stand back and take this ass whooping without sending a message and look like a bunch of sissy's or we can bean Varitek or Ortiz or Manny, or hell, all 3! and send a message.

Don't anybody come up with the "sink to their level" crap, because it is way past that.

Next time Flaherty is up to bat, Torre should pinch hit Don Mattingly for him. Ol' Donnie Baseball has a better chance at getting a hit than that upper cut fagget hack.

Nah, Girardi should come in so he can play catcher as well.

Giambi should be gone yesterday.

Flaherty is the best of a bad bunch of backup catchers. But the next game is tommorrow night folloed by an off day. Posada should play today.

Seriously-if he's gonna call for pitches to drill A-Rod and Jeter every series, Vartiek needs to wake up with some bumps and bruises. This is beyond embarrassing. Vartiek wouldn't call for those pitches nearly as often if he had a few welts afterward from a 95 mile fastabll in the chops.If Torre hasn't had any of his pitchers protect his guys. This is bad.

It's early...the Yanks can certainly come back

But Pavano's performance basically sucked!! :evil:

yes it did...just like you predicted, JonE!

Oh wait...you said he'd be "dominant" today...didnt ya, Mr. Jinx?

Either way...it sucks that I had to miss it due to it being graduation day! Maybe someday you'll graduate from being resident JN.com jinxed bastard to full fledged Mush!!!

I missed it also. My kids were playing in a soccer tournament. Got back in the car just after 3pm and clicked on the radio. 12-0! Holy crap!! Then the Payton HR and some other hits and the Sox come away 1 hit away from tying their club record of hits in a game.

It was an old fashioned behind the woodshed beating for the yanks today. No other words for it.

I said there was no way the Sox would get swept. It is too hard these days for a MLB club to lose 6 in a row. The current WS champs had lost 4 in a row and said enough is enough. This was a much needed win. Olerud was great today as was Damon. I was hoping Shoppach had more of an at bat for his first in the majors, but he did get on base I guess. We'll enjoy this now as I fear the yanks will have their fun with the professional muncher, Wells, tomorrow.

not that we dont believe you, Troll...but could you please produce that thread? I dont ever remember anyone saying that Clement was going to be better than anyone, let alone Carl Pavano.

I honestly had no idea what to expect from Matt Clement. I hadnt seen much of him and I heard mostly negative things such as he gets rattled, hates pressure and cant throw a sinker. That said, he throws a wicked slider, decent heat, and a nasty-ass curveball and isnt afraid to pitch inside. Nor have I seen him self destruct.

And he seems to feed off his own energy, which I love to see!!! Every time he takes the hill, its fair to say there is a great chance for a quality start.

JBF, I know for a fact that I argued with people about Clement vs. Pavano on the site which dare not speak it's name. I might look it up later, but I definitely need some sleep first.

You could name the site, that ins't a problem! :mrgreen:

I actually believe that you said this. I would look it up for you but...well nevermind.

OK...lets give the Cubbie fan a break. He called that Clement was better than Pavano. Why the hell not...he gets props for this. We all know Cubs fans will have little else to look forward to.

On a related note: How 'bout yours truly calling Renteria's end to his putrid start in Boston? You can find it on the "Boston Fans that are killing me thread"

Hey, JonEJinx...thats right, boy! I'm a freaking baseball genius! I thought your goal in life was to paint me a some type of "jinx" so you'll have some company being known as JN.com's laughable loser!!! Better luck next time, Mush.

Lets wait till the end of the season before we claim Clement is better than Pavano

Clement shouldn't have a spotless record thats for sure, he's pitched real well, but he's gotten alot of great run support whenever he gave up too many runs. Unlike Pavano, who got screwed by Rivera, in the 2nd game of the season after he pitched a gem only to see Rivera blow it in the 9th....(the game Jeter hit the walk off)

By the end of the season, Pavano will prove once again that he's better than Clement, there's no doubt in my mind. none

Even before Pavano and Clement wore their respective jerseys this year, I'd have always taken Clement over Pavano. I guess I still feel that Pavano's season lastyear has influenced many into thinking he is awesome, when he is just another Derek Lowe: a shade better than average. I don't think Clement is lightsout, but I did like seeing him pitch in Chicago before he came to Boston.

Even before Pavano and Clement wore their respective jerseys this year, I'd have always taken Clement over Pavano. I guess I still feel that Pavano's season lastyear has influenced many into thinking he is awesome, when he is just another Derek Lowe: a shade better than average. I don't think Clement is lightsout, but I did like seeing him pitch in Chicago before he came to Boston.

Pavano's career will show that he was MUCH better than Derek Lowe.

I am aware that it seems like Jetes gets drilled ALOT...but he stands right on top of the G'damn plate. Whats more...he dives into every pitch with the same reckless abandon that he dives facefirst into the stands, or facefirst into A-Rods crotch as his post-game ritual.

In all seriousness, DJ has a high on-base percentage due in large part to the fact that he gets drilled so many times by pitches that would have been strikes. Many of those pitches that hit him in the right arm and shoulderblade are on the inside corner. Some are right down the middle. So basically relax and stop calling for retribution, its part of DJs game.

I am aware that it seems like Jetes gets drilled ALOT...but he stands right on top of the G'damn plate. Whats more...he dives into every pitch with the same reckless abandon that he dives facefirst into the stands, or facefirst into A-Rods crotch as his post-game ritual.

In all seriousness, DJ has a high on-base percentage due in large part to the fact that he gets drilled so many times by pitches that would have been strikes. Many of those pitches that hit him in the right arm and shoulderblade are on the inside corner. Some are right down the middle. So basically relax and stop calling for retribution, its part of DJs game.

I love it. Jeter's OBP is so high becuase of the one or two stikes he gets hit with a year. With 600 plate appearances those two extra times on base make a big difference.

At least he does not go A-Rod or Manny on anyone when he gets hit.

ANd as much as he seems to get plunked, he is probably long overdue charging the mound.

At least he does not go A-Rod or Manny on anyone when he gets hit.

ANd as much as he seems to get plunked, he is probably long overdue charging the mound.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but Jeter should at least snap back at the next pitcher who plunks him. You gotta stand up for yourself and not let them know that "oh you can plunk me, I won't do anything about it", that won't be tolerated any more!

Archived