Did Bonds break the record yet?

SoFlaJets

not that I care or will acknowledge it when he does

Doesnt it say something about the state of baseball when we would have to ask that question. I asked someone that same question yesterday SoFla lol. I think everyone looks at baseball these days for what it is business as usual no big deal. Not sure if he did either as i am like you dont care what he does.

Doesnt it say something about the state of baseball when we would have to ask that question. I asked someone that same question yesterday SoFla lol. I think everyone looks at baseball these days for what it is business as usual no big deal. Not sure if he did either as i am like you dont care what he does.

I don't know GL, maybe it's where I live now but baseball has become unwatchable to this once diehard Yankees fan-I mean I AIN'T watching the Marlins or the National League...I'm the guy who used to cry watching the Horace Clarke Gene Michael Ronnie Bloomberg Yankees in the 60's.I'll never forget how great it felt to see us win in 77-78...now it's pretty much all about Jets football

He got a little closer today SoFla - hit 2 out at Wrigley. One of them dead into about a 25 mph wind. Cubs channel had a poll during the game as to whether or not people wanted BB to break the record - 80% NO's.

He got a little closer today SoFla - hit 2 out at Wrigley. One of them dead into about a 25 mph wind. Cubs channel had a poll during the game as to whether or not people wanted BB to break the record - 80% NO's.

so he needs how many more NJ?

so he needs how many more NJ?

2 to tie - 3 to break. He had just come off an 0-21 hitless streak but he hammered those 2 today and drove in 2 other runs with a opposite field single.

They will I am sure work it that he breaks the record at home in San Francisco.

I agree. The Giants have a 3 game set with the Brewers this weekend and then have a 7 game homestand.

If he hits even 1 HR this weekend I would bet the house he will tie or break the record sometime next week in San Fran.

Did Bonds break his record via a sham? I'm scratchin' my azz for an answer. The phone is ringing. Caller ID. It's Henry Aaron. He's got a lot to say, all ignored. I'm glad they named candy after that stand up personality. He's sweet and snappy.

Didn't see the 1st one, but the 2nd one landed in the basket in front of the fans. Guy who grabbed it threw the (or a) ball back on to the field.

The forced outrage over Bonds is amusing.

Agree. The only one who should be angered somewhat is Henry Aaron for hitting 755 clean homers.

As far as Bonds goes, it's been a joy for me to watch him as a baseball player over his career. He's a giant douche off the field, but on the field he's one of the 5 best I'll ever see.

Agree. The only one who should be angered somewhat is Henry Aaron for hitting 755 clean homers.

As far as Bonds goes, it's been a joy for me to watch him as a baseball player over his career. He's a giant douche off the field, but on the field he's one of the 5 best I'll ever see.

I disagree. During his tenure with the Pirates, and early in his career with the Giants, he was a joy to watch. But in the late 1990s, his quotes in the papers started getting very negative, and surly, he started using the "race card" in interviews way too often, and then, more recently, the steroids issue.

Sorry. He was a joy to watch, but he is now an arrogant, surly individual, and i for one, will not be upset if he was indicted when he has 754 HRs.

I actually agree with 80 on this one. Bonds(personality aside) made one mistake and that was getting upset and turning to roids when Big Mac and Sosa overtook him in the fans eyes as baseballs best player through their own alleged use of roids.

Archived