What player will have the most impact on the Jets this year?

LaJetsFan

Justin Miller. Between returning kick off returns and paying defensive back, he is going to be key. I am not sure if he is starting at DB, but I remembered that he played a lot there last season. Miller was a great returner last season and his defense could have only gotten better.

Justin Miller. Between returning kick off returns and paying defensive back, he is going to be key. I am not sure if he is starting at DB, but I remembered that he played a lot there last season. Miller was a great returner last season and his defense could have only gotten better.

He is one of the most horrible defenders I have ever seen. I think he fell to the bottom of the depth chart last season.

He is one of the most horrible defenders I have ever seen. I think he fell to the bottom of the depth chart last season.

Pretty lame comment, since miller has gotten decent playing time and is on an active NFL roster. If he were that bad he'd have been cut by now.

I like miller, if he improves as some think he will, he'll be either:

a. a great nickle corner

b. a good second corner

The dude is like 21 years old too, he has time to improve.

My vote goes to Chad, he's the leader of the entire team. If his arm strength improves, the jets will have a top ten offense.

Pretty lame comment, since miller has gotten decent playing time and is on an active NFL roster. If he were that bad he'd have been cut by now.

I like miller, if he improves as some think he will, he'll be either:

a. a great nickle corner

b. a good second corner

The dude is like 21 years old too, he has time to improve.

Miller has been given plenty of starting time in his first two seasons. He is terrible in coverage and does not play man to man very well. I'm not saying I don't like the kid, but he has a ton of work to do before he should be starting at cornerback again.

Miller has had 13 starts in his career and has yet to bring an interception in during his first two years in the NFL.

He even won the job out of training camp last year and underperformed and eventually he plummeted down to the bottom of the depth chart at the cornerback position.

Just my opinion.

two pages and no mention of Thomas Jones?

hopefully this player makes teh biggest impact this year, giving the team a franchise-caliber RB to fill the void of Curtis Martin's departure.

having a solid run game controls the clock, sets up the Play action, in short makes everyone from the QB to the defense play better.

hopefully this player makes teh biggest impact this year, giving the team a franchise-caliber RB to fill the void of Curtis Martin's departure.

having a solid run game controls the clock, sets up the Play action, in short makes everyone from the QB to the defense play better.

Totally agree. Thomas Jones will have the biggest impact in 2007.

Another impact will be the resolution of the Pete Kendall issue.

Agreed. Jets fans should pray that Jones has the biggest impact, as that would lead to a great season. Depending on what happens at LG, I do not see why he could not have a tremendous impact on opposing D's.

I don't think Miller is that bad on D, but he could be the worst cb ever and they wouldn't cut him because he's a pro-bowl kick returner.

No, he's not cut because he's a good corner. He's just young, there is a steep learning curve to that position, comparable to QB.

When you watch him play he'll get beat on some short routes, but over the top he can make up for any mistake he makes early in the route. So whats the problem with having a corner that doesn't give up big plays? He doesn't draw many penalties, he's a tremendous athlete, he's going to be good. i almsot wish we didn't draft Revis so Miller would get his PT, even though i think in two years it will be the Revis, Miller, Rhodes show.

Be ready, we'll have a top 3 secondary very soon.

Totally agree. Thomas Jones will have the biggest impact in 2007.

Another impact will be the resolution of the Pete Kendall issue.

Personally, i think you guys are insane if you think TJ is going to make the biggest impact. He won't get anywhere if we don't figure out LG, and heaven forbid if Moore, or Clement get hurt. Those two aren't that good, but they are way better than their backups.

Jones will be a product of the line play, he goes as far as they take him. IMO, the season rides on Chad.

drew coleman was playing over miller last year, i really hope miller has improved if we are going to give him a lot of PT this year.

ah, the forgotten man. Coleman could turn out to be a solid player.

3 posts in a row? what am i? ecurb?

Personally, i think you guys are insane if you think TJ is going to make the biggest impact. He won't get anywhere if we don't figure out LG, and heaven forbid if Moore, or Clement get hurt. Those two aren't that good, but they are way better than their backups.

Jones will be a product of the line play, he goes as far as they take him. IMO, the season rides on Chad.

It is chicken and egg stuff...of course they are all dependent on the production of their peers, but TJ (IMO) will be able to achieve more with what is available to him than any other Jet.

It is chicken and egg stuff...of course they are all dependent on the production of their peers, but TJ (IMO) will be able to achieve more with what is available to him than any other Jet.

OK, i'm a total Leon Homer, that said...

There were some runs leon had to just get back to the line of scrimmage last year, that i just don't see Jones breaking. Its those type of plays that make me think Jones is going to really need more production for the front 5/6 guys. If we get good line play, then yes, Jones will be a damn wrecking ball, if we don't, we'd be better off with Leon since he can make things happen from nothing (more than jones, IMO).

OK, i'm a total Leon Homer, that said...

There were some runs leon had to just get back to the line of scrimmage last year, that i just don't see Jones breaking. Its those type of plays that make me think Jones is going to really need more production for the front 5/6 guys. If we get good line play, then yes, Jones will be a damn wrecking ball, if we don't, we'd be better off with Leon since he can make things happen from nothing (more than jones, IMO).

We need all players to do their jobs...Jones will not be as successful as he could be without support from Leon. That being said, TJ is a proven back in the league. Leon is a 2nd year player who overachieved and had a few bright spots in his rookie campaign. I think Leon is a steal and he will be fantastic, but give Jones his due...

We need all players to do their jobs...Jones will not be as successful as he could be without support from Leon. That being said, TJ is a proven back in the league. Leon is a 2nd year player who overachieved and had a few bright spots in his rookie campaign. I think Leon is a steal and he will be fantastic, but give Jones his due...

Leon could have underachieved, his sample size isn't exactly tremendous. I like the Jones pickup, he will help a lot, but to say he is the guy the jets are leaning on most seems obsured. If i had to rank the most important positions we need production from i think it would go

1 chad

2 robertson

3 brick/mangold

4 Leon

5 Jones

6 B. Thomas

7 Dyson

Well, to me is a simple player: Kerry Rhodes! He will be again the spirit with Vilma on D#!!! The Jets will have the moust strongest defenses intire NFL and AFC East.

Lets Go Jets!!!

Welcome Perrone! Sorry, my Portuguese is not very good, what does that translate to?

Well, to me is a simple player: Kerry Rhodes! He will be again the spirit with Vilma on D#!!! The Jets will have the moust strongest defenses intire NFL and AFC East.

Lets Go Jets!!!

Welcome Perrone, I never would have thought that Jets fans could be that far away from NYC but I guess the world gets smaller everyday.

In the future, make sure to post pictures of the beaches there.;)

Welcome Perrone, I never would have thought that Jets fans could be that far away from NYC but I guess the world gets smaller everyday.

In the future, make sure to post pictures of the bi+ches there.;)

Hey, now that's not PC...but on that note, I hear tan lines are all the rage in Brazil...

Our season relies on Chad Pennington, we go as he goes IMO.

That isnt a bad thing either, I think he will be great this season with a new reformed running game to back him up and 2 rookie OL a year older.

Those 2 wideouts he has at his disposal aint bad either.

Chad is our most important player, without him I would be very very uncomfortable with an unproven Clemens at QB.

Archived