Jets Interview With Leon Washington

Maxman

How did you end up with uniform No. 29 on the Jets?

My birthday’s Aug. 29. I couldn’t get 3 because you can’t wear single digits like in college, so I chose 29.

How do you think the Jets' tailback combination of yourself and Thomas Jones compares to the Florida State tandem of you and current Dolphins back Lorenzo Booker?

I don’t want to do any comparisons. Me, Thomas, along with Ced [Cedric Houston], all of us are going to try to give our team the best chance to win.

Which NFL running back would you most like to emulate?

A lot of people would say LaDainian Tomlinson right now. He’s probably one of the more premier backs in the league. He’s a great back out of the backfield. He catches the ball well, he runs the ball really well, and the way he carries himself as a professional, that’s what most guys try to emulate.

What's with this guy's choice of questions?

Not that we'll ever recieve anything other than vanilla answers, but it seems as if all of his interviews are along the "what's your favorite color?"variety.

You get me in a room with Harris, Leon, Chad or Coles and I'll come up with better questions than, "do you like cheese?"

What's with this guy's choice of questions?

Not that we'll ever recieve anything other than vanilla answers, but it seems as if all of his interviews are along the "what's your favorite color?"variety.

You get me in a room with Harris, Leon, Chad or Coles and I'll come up with better questions than, "do you like cheese?"

This was a "Quick Hitting" series. I think this was the last one they are doing like that. Basically -- off season filler.

Archived