New O-Line Rankings

Smizzy

I think the Jets are ranked perfectly. I am taking a wait and see attitude with Jones myself. I have faith in him but until I see him do it I won't proclaim the Jets line to be great.

These rankings are a farce if for no other reason than the Colts are ranked 29th. Manning never gets sacked, and they always have a solid running game. You can argue that it's the system, but with nobody blocking there is no system.

interesting! I didn't catch that

Colts have 1 of the best centers, and possibly the best bookend tackle duo in the NFL. If they kept Demulling, they would deserve a top 5 ranking IMO, but demulling signed with the lions.

Until Adrian Jones proves, in regular season action, that he has made MASSIVE strides in his play quality over his LAST appearances, then the Jets O-Line as a unit deserves some very serious doubt.

Once Jones shows he is a NFL calibur player (or hopefully better), THEN we can complain about our spot on these kinds of list.....not before IMO.

Once Jones shows he is a NFL calibur player (or hopefully better), THEN we can complain about our spot on these kinds of list.....not before IMO.

JMO many fans will be pleasantly surprised by the play of Jones. The weak spot of this line was Fabini, not the RT, and this will continue to the be case.

I think the Jets are ranked perfectly. I am taking a wait and see attitude with Jones myself. I have faith in him but until I see him do it I won't proclaim the Jets line to be great.

Agreed.

If anything, I think we are ranked a bit high. If Jones is ready, then we'll be ok.

Our key will be picking up the blitz better than we did last year. You wanna beat NE? You better pick up the various things they throw at you.

JMO many fans will be pleasantly surprised by the play of Jones. The weak spot of this line was Fabini, not the RT, and this will continue to the be case.

Yup.

I was hoping they'd go for it and put the kid at LT, but I assume they have their reasons. I still think that's the long-term plan.

Archived