Rice

Nick Ferraro

I am fascinated by everyone who thinks they deserve to have an opinion on when someone else should retire. This is a personal decision. Jerry Rice can retire whenever he wants to retire. Who decides when you retire from your job?

The market will tell all of us when it's time to go. If we get to a point when nobody will pay us to do whatever it is we do, then it's over.

The only thing we get to decide is if we want to watch Rice play. If you don't want to watch Rice play, don't; however, don't act as if you should have a say in somebody else's career. I'd much rather watch someone who obviously cares about the game play it, than a jackass in his prime who drags his ass around the field to collect a check.

How often do we find ourselves complaining about a lack of effort from someone in their prime; then we want to push a guy like Jerry Rice out the door. Imagine what the league would be like if everyone prepared and played the game the way Rice has.

Jerry Rice should be able to stay as long as he wants. He's the best god damn WR to ever play the game and just because he's bounced around the past 2 years doesn't mean he isn't anything anymore. He probably is just hanging around to get his 200 TD's but he has the right to do that for everything he's done for himself and the NFL.

I am fascinated by everyone who thinks they deserve to have an opinion on when someone else should retire. This is a personal decision. Jerry Rice can retire whenever he wants to retire. Who decides when you retire from your job?

The market will tell all of us when it's time to go. If we get to a point when nobody will pay us to do whatever it is we do, then it's over.

The only thing we get to decide is if we want to watch Rice play. If you don't want to watch Rice play, don't; however, don't act as if you should have a say in somebody else's career. I'd much rather watch someone who obviously cares about the game play it, than a jackass in his prime who drags his a$$ around the field to collect a check.

How often do we find ourselves complaining about a lack of effort from someone in their prime; then we want to push a guy like Jerry Rice out the door. Imagine what the league would be like if everyone prepared and played the game the way Rice has.

Nick...it is none of my business. But with posts like that I think it is time for you to hang them up.

It sucks when a good poster hangs in there too long. I remember your old posts. Funny and insightful.

Have some dignity Nick. Go out on good terms. While we still have fond memories of you.

Jerry Rice should be able to stay on as long as he wants and continue to mar his reputation by playing until he reaches social security. He should also be allowed to continue playing so 1/2 of America can, much like Emmitt Smith, say, "Why is this guy still playing".

Nick...it is none of my business. But with posts like that I think it is time for you to hang them up.

It sucks when a good poster hangs in there too long. I remember your old posts. Funny and insightful.

Have some dignity Nick. Go out on good terms. While we still have fond memories of you.

The broom comes out pretty quick in this joint.... :lol:

The broom comes out pretty quick in this joint.... :lol:

Nah, Nick is a good guy. And he knows a ton about football.

He can continue to post here. Although once the season starts his Denver Broncos rah rah speeches are going to be hard to sit through! :mrgreen:

Archived