Tonite is MORE than Yankees/Bosox

Green Jets & Ham

This is also about sole possession of 2nd Place, with the winner closing the gap to 2.5

That 2.5 is the real prize .. anything under 3 {in late may} is a virtual dead heat .. that 2.5 is SNIFFING DISTANCE

AND I WANT IT ... BAD!! =D>

I'm not gonna BS anyone ... I know it's only May ... plenty of baseball to be played ... so this is not a MAKE or BREAK Game by any stretch of the imagination

BUT I WANT THAT 2.5 ... AND I WANT IT NOW!! 8)

SS, Awesome Job by your Tigers ... BIG UPS, MUH-MAN!! =D>

I had to yell and scream a bit, but they boys finally listened to me... through my tv. Now, if they could only win at home...

By the by, after the Texas series at the Copa, they've got those pesky Birds again. So, you guys may be thanking the Tigers again.

GJH - Tonight's game does not mean sh*t.

SO many times since the schecule had expanded to 19 games for divsion foes, there have been 'rubber' matches in 3 games series.

What we know is neither team is actually clicking on all three cylinders. And when the dog days of summer start dragging on, these teams will most likely be 1 and 2 and the rosters will be different as management starts to 'tweak' the teams.

I had to yell and scream a bit, but they boys finally listened to me... through my tv. Now, if they could only win at home...

By the by, after the Texas series at the Copa, they've got those pesky Birds again. So, you guys may be thanking the Tigers again.

SS, that was an awesome comback today to complete the sweep ... the kind of win, to complete a series sweep, that can put a team on a little roll :wink:

GJH - Tonight's game does not mean Sh#t.

SO many times since the schecule had expanded to 19 games for divsion foes, there have been 'rubber' matches in 3 games series.

What we know is neither team is actually clicking on all three cylinders. And when the dog days of summer start dragging on, these teams will most likely be 1 and 2 and the rosters will be different as management starts to 'tweak' the teams.

Honestly, I don't see the Yankees making many moves this year ... not if the asking price is Cano or Wang as it certainly will be ... I really think the organization wants to hang on to BOTH of these kids

One player I do believe the Yankees will make a run at is a LF like Pat Burrell who bats lefty and is tailor made for Yankee Stadium

The other thing we might seek to address is the bullpen ... but nothing major ... middle reliever

But I don't believe you will see any BLOCKBUSTERS this year ... and unless the D-Backs are willing to SELL the rocket at a bargain, I don't believe we will be looking to add an SP either

JMO

You know why yankee fans want this game tonight more?

Because the Red Sox are THE CURRENT WORLD CHAMPIONS!

No way would yankee fans ever see a game in May as meaning as much. We have what they want. First time in 86 years. Still feels good. :wink:

SS, that was an awesome comback today to complete the sweep ... the kind of win, to complete a series sweep, that can put a team on a little roll :wink:

Well, if the bats stay around, the Tigers can go on a roll. They've been pitching out of their minds, save for today's starter, Ledezma. They could use another starter, but who couldn't? If they can actually score runs, they'll go on a run. June looks like a month where they can do some major damage, as they have a fairly easy schedule, thanks to playing the NL West in interleague. They have the offense to outscore teams, and their pitching is top ten in the league (Yeah, you can check it, I was shocked too when I saw it.). And, that weekend series against the Yanks, I'll be there, July first.

Honestly, I don't see the Yankees making many moves this year ... not if the asking price is Cano or Wang as it certainly will be ... I really think the organization wants to hang on to BOTH of these kids

One player I do believe the Yankees will make a run at is a LF like Pat Burrell who bats lefty and is tailor made for Yankee Stadium

The other thing we might seek to address is the bullpen ... but nothing major ... middle reliever

But I don't believe you will see any BLOCKBUSTERS this year ... and unless the D-Backs are willing to SELL the rocket at a bargain, I don't believe we will be looking to add an SP either

JMO

Some corrections:

Pat Burrel hits righthanded.

Clemens doesn't play for the Dbacks.

Cano and/or Wang will certainly be gone for a outfielder.

Yanks sh*t the bed this w/end as the Mets take 3 of 4 in Florida.

Archived