Yanks CANNOT win this Game unless ....

Green Jets & Ham

.... they score in the double-digits

The Red Sox bats are on fire and Mussina DOES NOT have the answer to quite them down tonite ... that is already crystal clear too me

IMO the ONLY WAY the Yankees can win this Game is if they BUST OUT THE WHUPPIN STICKS in a BIG WAY

SO FAR, SO GOOD ... Jeter and Shef Just went Yard to tie the score at 2-2 ... but they will need to keep on pounding away all nite because I do not see the Red Sox bats slowing down tonite

Bottom Line: Yankees need to approach this Game like it will take 10+ to walk away with a W

JMO

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're gonna get blown out

Yankees needed to put the heat on the Red Sox with an early lead ... BIG LEAD ... but their playing like they think they can just hang around and win late

NOT TONITE, FELLAS ... not with this umpire and not with the Sox bats on fire ... that approach is just beggin for an @$$ kickin tonite ... if we aren't opening up a BIG LEAD, THEY WILL!!

TOLD YA

Back-to-Back HR's for Renteria and Ortiz

I saw that coming a mile away ... Yankees are getting BLOWN OUT tonite if they don't have a few four and five run innings

If they think they can just hang around tonite and play a tight game, AND APPARENTLY THEY DO!!, they best think again

IMO that Posada DP was the PLAY OF THE GAME

Nobody will ever call a play in the 1st inning the play of the game .. you will not read that anywhere tomorrow .. but IMO this was one of those rare instances where a game is WON and LOST in the 1st inning

I could see the way this game was heading immediately ... and without a BIG INNING early for the Yankees, they were going to get smoked tonite

So IMO that DP was the killer ... effectively put this game in the bank for the Red Sox

For those that care, the 0/U was 10.5 and the Yanks were fairly big favs to win.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the game. I know the Yanks won't give up and die....(I think)

d

With the way that Wells is looking it may not matter if the Yankees give up or not.

With the way that Wells is looking it may not matter if the Yankees give up or not.

They had him on the hook in the 1st inning ... Jeter and Shef both homered and they had a man on with one out ... Posada let him him of the hook with an inning ending DP, Sox piled on some more runs, and now fatboy is cruising

Mussina would rather get to 3 balls on a guy to throw a perfect pitch than just trust his pitches after he gets 2 strikes. Wells shows you why he's been so successful-he throws strikes no matter what the count. They hit it, so what? He can get bombed, but he never walks the park and never gets deep in the count. So he doesn't have to throw a perfect strike having wrung up 2 or 3 balls.

Posada may not be perfect, but you get the sense Mussina calls his own game and tries to throw perfect pitches every time. That might have worked when he was 2 or 3 years younger, But he better adjust this or he'll be worthless.

Wells is a big game pitcher. If healthy the Sox have a nice pitcher come play-offs.

Renteria is a great player.

Took a little adjusting to the AL but he looks just fine now.

Big statement w/end for Boston.

Yanks got healthy on the the AL's weaker teams. Losing 2 of 3 to the Sox raises some questions to just how good this group is.

Wells is a big game pitcher. If healthy the Sox have a nice pitcher come play-offs.

Renteria is a great player.

Took a little adjusting to the AL but he looks just fine now.

Big statement w/end for Boston.

Yanks got healthy on the the AL's weaker teams. Losing 2 of 3 to the Sox raises some questions to just how good this group is.

Those same teams the Yankees feasted on, the red sox could not beat so thats a moot point in your arguement

Sox played well this weekend, Yankees did not.

I look forward to the next series. 8)

Archived