Sturtze - Nixon

Maxman

From The NY Daily News:

Tanyon & Trot mix it up again

BY ANTHONY McCARRON

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Yet another subplot in the Yankee-Red Sox rivalry bloomed yet another layer last night when Tanyon Sturtze hit Boston right fielder Trot Nixon in the back with an 0-1 fastball in the ninth inning.

Nixon thought it was done on purpose. Sturtze denied it. The Yankees were upset because plate umpire Jerry Meals warned both benches, but when Derek Jeter was drilled in the back on Saturday by Matt Clement, there was no warning issued.

Nixon's plunking means that someone has gotten hit in 18 of the last 20 regular-season games the fierce rivals have played. That number could go up if the hard feelings built last night continue to fester until the teams meet again July 14 in Boston.

It's easy to see why Meals warned the benches - the two teams have a bloody history, and Sturtze and Nixon were prime combatants in the July 24 brawl last season, which started with Alex Rodriguez and Jason Varitek and exploded into a larger battle.

Sturtze tangled with Nixon, Gabe Kapler and David Ortiz. Sturtze had Kapler in a headlock at one point and was dragged off by Ortiz and Nixon; the three Sox then piled on the Yankee pitcher. Coaches from both sides had to pull the fighters apart, and Sturtze suffered a cut near his left ear as well as a bruised right pinkie.

But, Sturtze said, last night's pitch had nothing to do with that fight. "I threw the first pitch inside for a strike and wanted to go a little deeper and it got in there," Sturtze said.

Nixon said he wasn't bothered by being hit, but made it clear he thought the 0-1 fastball was loaded with intent.

"You can go ask Sturtze about it, but God judges all and He'll judge that incident and deal with it," the devout Nixon said.

Did he consider charging the mound? "I'm not gonna waste my time," Nixon said. "But I knew it was on purpose. Of course, he'll deny it, but it doesn't bother me."

When Meals warned Sturtze, the righthander asked, "Why?" But Meals turned to talk to Torre, who had emerged from the dugout. "He said, 'He was hit on purpose in the back with a fastball,'" Torre said. "I said, 'So was Jeter (Saturday).' He said it was a different ump." Hunter Wendelstedt worked Saturday's game behind the plate. Torre acknowledged that he no longer cringes when he sees one of his players get hit in a rivalry game.

"No, not anymore," Torre said. "You're so used to what goes on in these series, nothing surprises you. People have been getting hit for years in this game."

In this rivalry, that's likely to continue.

Did Nixon just say that God will punish Sturtze for hitting him with a baseball?

If God was worried about the Yankees - Red Sox here are some of the things he should look into:

-The Red Sox drinking in the dugout

-Smack talking grounds keepers in Fenway

-Sox players beating up on Senior citizens

Plus with as much as Jeter has gotten hit what the hell does he expect? Way to be objective Trot.

Did Nixon just say that God will punish Sturtze for hitting him with a baseball?

If God was worried about the Yankees - Red Sox here are some of the things he should look into:

-The Red Sox drinking in the dugout

-Smack talking grounds keepers in Fenway

-Sox players beating up on Senior citizens

Plus with as much as Jeter has gotten hit what the hell does he expect? Way to be objective Trot.

Do not forget....

- Check on Jeter being gay.

- Steinbrenner and his breaking several commandmants.

- Giambi and Shefroid's dabling in artificial enhancement.

- Brown taking the Lord's name in vain.

- Yankee fans breaking commandmant 1. [-X

I guess you can take the pitcher out of Tampa...but you cant take Tampa out of the pitcher. Sturtze has shown himself to be quite a lowlife since coming to the Yankees...

When he jumped on Kapler last year and basically got a free piggy back ride, then promptly beaten down by Ortiz and Gabe...I immediately thought he was still every bit the dirtbag Devil Ray player that I remembered. Typical of a Worcester product too!

Nixon, asked if Sturtze's fastball to his ribcage was intentional, said: ''Yeah, it was. It doesn't matter. I'm fine. I know it was on purpose. I'm not going to waste my time [charging the mound]. I don't know if it was [retribution for] last year or because he can't get me out. I'm sure he'll deny it."

Of course it was intentional. The ump knew it was intentional, hence the warnings issued. Sturtze probably came into the game to hit somebody because the Yanks were frustrated. Trot goes way back with the Dirty Rays. He threw a bat at Ryan Rupe because of the incoming beanballs that hit every other Boston batter. Sturtze ran his gums at Trot in the ensuing skirmish. He also used to bean the Red Sox batters on a regular basis.

I thought Lou P was instructing his pitchers to hit batters and hope that a brawl breaks out so T-Bay would be known as a likely place to see a brawl and MAYBE fans will show up once in awhile.

I dont know what Joe was whining about last night. Probably 'cuz Jetes got plunked while standing on the inside corner of homeplate and warnings werent issued.

Yeah, Jeter gets plunked regularly, and that's okay. Meanwhile, Trot"Communing with the Lord" Nixon gets plunked once and it's the end of the world.

Simple-if Jeter wakes up with a bruise, so should some REd Sox. Actaully, you have to respect the Red Sox in the sense that this isn't mindless; no Yank is digging in. And truth be told, Sawx batters are so comfy in the batter's box vs. the Yankess they could have coffee and cake-no fear at all.

I guess you can take the pitcher out of Tampa...but you cant take Tampa out of the pitcher. Sturtze has shown himself to be quite a lowlife since coming to the Yankees...

And you expected better? The guy is from Mass for god sakes.

This shows you what a pu$$y PIG PEN really is

He has no problem with fighting Strutze when its 3 on 1, but wanted no part of charging the mound for a little 1 on 1 with my boy Tanyon cause he knows he would have gotten wrecked ... so NOW {when its 1 on 1} PIG PEN decides to hide behind his religion

This incident revealed two things about PIG PEN, neither of which surprises me in the least ... he's both a HYPOCRITE and a COWARD

For that reason alone Strutze should drill him again the next time they meet ... with a first pitch fastball

Maybe this way he can shame PIG PEN into charging the mound, then Strutze can inact his revenge and bust his face ... but first he has to shame PIG PEN into putting up his dukes in a 1 on 1 :shock:

Here's the Gospel according to PIG PEN ....

Thou shalt not strike another man in anger .. unless thou has the other man outnumbered 3 to 1, in which case thou will make an exception

The Gospel according to a phony, filthy, lice-infested hypocrite of a yellow dog coward

=====

Yo Tanyon, now that you exposed this lice-infested chump for the b*tch that he is, I say drill him again .. and again ... and again

Heck man, use that b*tch for target practice :snip:

That's the b*tch who jumped you 3 on 1 ... NO MERCY ... drill him in the face if he won't fight you

Pig Pen..... :lol: Trot is such a ****!

Yes, the Yanks have a lot of catching up to do in the beaning dept. Next time, Varitek. Every time they hit Jeter, we need to drill Varitek! Captain for Captain!

=D>

Archived