Big 10 looking to expand

harris5214

Anybody else hear that the BIG 10 is looking to expand to 12 teams, it has 11 now. Rutgers, Pitt., Syracuse, and Mizzou, are the main targets. I`ll try and find the article. I`m not a Rutgers fan, but for one hope Rutgers gets invited, I would love to see Ohio St. or Mich. playing in NJ.

http://http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/2007-07-25-network-expansion_N.htm

Anybody else hear that the BIG 10 is looking to expand to 12 teams, it has 11 now. Rutgers, Pitt., Syracuse, and Mizzou, are the main targets. I`ll try and find the article. I`m not a Rutgers fan, but for one hope Rutgers gets invited, I would love to see Ohio St. or Mich. playing in NJ.

I think that Rutgers should look into this, not only will it draw more attention recruit and fan wise. I along with many other Jersey natives would be a ton more interested in Rutgers if they were playing Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Penn State, or Purdue. Than when they are playing WVU, Louisville, Buffalo, Navy, Pitt, and Uconn.

It will bring them money, recruits, ratings, fans, and most importantly help put asses in those seats.

I wish they would move a little more western and pick up Boise St.... but thats too far away most likely. I just wish the Broncos had the chance to play in a competitive conference and get the respect that they deserve.

Completely true, if the Broncs were in the, say, PAC 10, they would've been in the Nat. Championship, but since they are in the WAC, they got no love.

anywayz, to Green_Blood, Rutgers could compete with the Big ten solely on the fact that they are now getting 3/4 of the NJ recruits, and NJ is a top 5 high school football state.

I would I ever LOVE to see Rutgers go into the Big 10 to make it a Big 12 of the North.

RU playing against Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Purdue, Iowa and Wisconsin? Boy would those thousands of Rutgers fans sit right back down on their couches for another 25 years after more 2-10, 3-9 and 4-8 seasons and all the helmets, t-shirts and hats be out of my store and other stores across New Jersey.

Completely true, if the Broncs were in the, say, PAC 10, they would've been in the Nat. Championship, but since they are in the WAC, they got no love.

Actually no they wouldn't have. They wouldn't have even been undefeated if they had played some decent teams.

Rutgers is overrated beyond comparison here where I live. Can't wait for the bandwagon to hit some bumps, fall into a ditch and light on fire. Does Rutgers get the best NJ recruits, NO. Teel is a really consistent QB, and as everyone knows, Brain Leonard is god the father and Ray Rice is the son, the savior, the alpha and omega, NOT. Of course he put up yards like that, he was the offense. Kansas State is such a major power, all Rutgers is and was last season was hype. Put Rutgers into the Big 10, 12, SEC or PAC 10, and they will be slaughtered. The Big East is a joke. Bowl wins over mid major or crappy programs like ECU don't mean ****. The Big East sucks, Notre Dame sucks, face it, stop looking through scarlet glasses. Do you know how many people gave a damn about Rutgers before this season, not many at all. Midway through the season, everyone is clad in Scarlet attire claiming that THEY HAVE been fans all this time, while the year before, they were Penn State, Texas or USC fans. Me, I have been sitting around in my Orange shirts with my thumb up my ass, but I know this, I am not one of these damn bandwagon idiots. The dream is over everyone! How many Rutgers fans went to games after the slaughter in Morgantown, huh? Get one o lineman recruit and everyone is creaming their pants.

http://http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/2007-07-25-network-expansion_N.htm

Iowa State is probably the logical choice. They play Iowa each year. None of the Big East teams make sense. Syracuse and Pitt suck, while Rutgers had one good year.

Rutgers is overrated beyond comparison here where I live. Can't wait for the bandwagon to hit some bumps, fall into a ditch and light on fire. Does Rutgers get the best NJ recruits, NO. Teel is a really consistent QB, and as everyone knows, Brain Leonard is god the father and Ray Rice is the son, the savior, the alpha and omega, NOT. Of course he put up yards like that, he was the offense. Kansas State is such a major power, all Rutgers is and was last season was hype. Put Rutgers into the Big 10, 12, SEC or PAC 10, and they will be slaughtered. The Big East is a joke. Bowl wins over mid major or crappy programs like ECU don't mean ****. The Big East sucks, Notre Dame sucks, face it, stop looking through scarlet glasses. Do you know how many people gave a damn about Rutgers before this season, not many at all. Midway through the season, everyone is clad in Scarlet attire claiming that THEY HAVE been fans all this time, while the year before, they were Penn State, Texas or USC fans. Me, I have been sitting around in my Orange shirts with my thumb up my ass, but I know this, I am not one of these damn bandwagon idiots. The dream is over everyone! How many Rutgers fans went to games after the slaughter in Morgantown, huh? Get one o lineman recruit and everyone is creaming their pants.

One oline recruit, try the top RB in NJ last year, the top LB in NJ this year, along with the top DE and CB.... Right, they don't get good recruits... try hitting Rivals.com everyonce in a while

• 3 weeks later...
Actually no they wouldn't have. They wouldn't have even been undefeated if they had played some decent teams.

Exactly. Boise State was a great story, but let's be realistic. The Fiesta Bowl was their Superbowl, it was a glorified scrimmage for OU.

One oline recruit, try the top RB in NJ last year, the top LB in NJ this year, along with the top DE and CB.... Right, they don't get good recruits... try hitting Rivals.com everyonce in a while

Wow. NJ is the mecca of HS football. :rolleyes:

Those kids in two years will be saying, "why didn't I take the offer from (insert relevant college football program here)."

If top recruits from Florida, California, Texas or anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line start flocking to Rutgers, then Rutgers has arrived. Until then, scoring a few in-state recruits a year after a noteworthy year means little.

Exactly. Boise State was a great story, but let's be realistic. The Fiesta Bowl was their Superbowl, it was a glorified scrimmage for OU.

Wow. NJ is the mecca of HS football. :rolleyes:

Those kids in two years will be saying, "why didn't I take the offer from (insert relevant college football program here)."

If top recruits from Florida, California, Texas or anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line start flocking to Rutgers, then Rutgers has arrived. Until then, scoring a few in-state recruits a year after a noteworthy year means little.

I can obviously tell you don't know what you are talking about.

New Jersey is a top 5 High School football state, getting 1/2 of those recruits can help a school drastically, stick to NFL, you don't know what you are talking about.

New Jersey is a top 5 High School football state, getting 1/2 of those recruits can help a school drastically, stick to NFL, you don't know what you are talking about.

Top 5? Are you on crack?

Califonia

Texas

Florida

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Anywhere in SEC country or Big 12 country.

Maybe you should look at that rivals.com you mentioned.

Out of the Top 100 recruits:

NJ had one top (#17) recruit in the 2008 class.

NJ had two top (#34 and #68) in the 2007 class

NJ had three top (#12, #29 and 73) in the 2006 class

Jersey has 7 - 4 and 5 star rated recruits according to Rivals.

NC has 9.

VA has 7.

MD has 7.

AL has 16.

GA has 16.

LA has 9.

SC has 10.

MI has 8.

AZ has 8.

NJ is nowhere near a Top 5 HS football state. They have talent, but there are five states easily better and a handful more that produce more talent.

Top 5? Are you on crack?

Califonia

Texas

Florida

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Anywhere in SEC country or Big 12 country.

Maybe you should look at that rivals.com you mentioned.

Out of the Top 100 recruits:

NJ had one top (#17) recruit in the 2008 class.

NJ had two top (#34 and #68) in the 2007 class

NJ had three top (#12, #29 and 73) in the 2006 class

Jersey has 7 - 4 and 5 star rated recruits according to Rivals.

NC has 9.

VA has 7.

MD has 7.

AL has 16.

GA has 16.

LA has 9.

SC has 10.

MI has 8.

AZ has 8.

NJ is nowhere near a Top 5 HS football state. They have talent, but there are five states easily better and a handful more that produce more talent.

Okay, just using stats that you find don't make it that you know what you are talking about, because you obviously don't.

I can mark you as the only person whom thinks NJ isn't a good high school football state, I will now end argument with you, and no longer speak to a homer to your degree, anywayz, did you ever even play football, I don't even think you did.

:rl: did you just call out our resident pats fan? PFKISHsLSJOIEULJK knows his chit, just admit you don't know what you are talking about and move on.

:rl: did you just call out our resident pats fan? PFKISHsLSJOIEULJK knows his chit, just admit you don't know what you are talking about and move on.

I don't know anything about NewJersey high school football?

I've experienced football in NJ first hand and are speaking from personal experience, he is speaking from **** he found on Rivals.com.

Get off of his shlong for 2 seconds.

I don't know anything about NewJersey high school football?

I've experienced football in NJ first hand and are speaking from personal experience, he is speaking from **** he found on Rivals.com.

Get off of his shlong for 2 seconds.

It's not a matter of being on his 'shlong' as yo ucall it. it's that all your posts are written without thinking. As soon as the Jets took Revis, you called him a Bust, you were so emphatic about it. By the time you realized you had no ground to stand on, you backed down.

So you saying you know something about anything at this point, is incorrect. Although i'm sure you'd like to see a dude on someone else's shlong, you won't see it with me (today anyway :)).

Get used to the fact that PFISCKISH is smart, and you are not. It's really not a big deal.

It's not a matter of being on his 'shlong' as yo ucall it. it's that all your posts are written without thinking. As soon as the Jets took Revis, you called him a Bust, you were so emphatic about it. By the time you realized you had no ground to stand on, you backed down.

So you saying you know something about anything at this point, is incorrect. Although i'm sure you'd like to see a dude on someone else's shlong, you won't see it with me (today anyway :)).

Get used to the fact that PFISCKISH is smart, and you are not. It's really not a big deal.

I still think Revis was overrated and that he was a wasted pick.

Who are you anyway?

if you're so right about nj being a top 5 football state, why are you afraid to debate a guy who posts stats in good faith?

Where did I state I was afraid to debate him, you can obviously tell that there is no changing his mind, debating anyone on this site is a waste of time, since it is impossible to change their point of view.

PFSIKH is going to ridicule and ignore anything I say, why bother?

I still think Revis was overrated and that he was a wasted pick.

Who are you anyway?

back to your quality posts i see.

if you're so right about nj being a top 5 football state, why are you afraid to debate a guy who posts stats in good faith?

sort of the point i was making, i don't think he can debate without getting upset.

Where did I state I was afraid to debate him, you can obviously tell that there is no changing his mind, debating anyone on this site is a waste of time, since it is impossible to change their point of view.

you threw a hissy when he posted stats from rivals.com. he made a nice argument. usually, people who are confident they are right don't resort to ad hominem attacks saying that he doesn't know what he's talking about because he relies on real evidence to back his argument up. maybe if you had a leg to stand up on, you wouldn't be pissing all over yourself trying to make a point.

Shadow my only point is that NJ is not a Top 5 state in HS football.

There are clearly 5 states better then NJ when it comes to HS recruiting. I only used the site you referenced to make my point.

Again, I am not saying NJ sucks as a HS football state or has no talent.

You can be butt hurt all you want, but your personal 'experience' aside, there is more talent in other places.

Archived