Celtics agree to acquire Garnett for four players, draft pick

TaborJet

I really think Minnesota is going to be terrible next year. Around 20 wins terrible. Telfair is garbage with an attitude. If he wasn't Marbury's cousin he'd be a nobody. Gerald Green has talent but he's just another scoring swingman best case scenario. Just another Ricky Davis/Wally Sczerbiak type. T-Wolves have been there and done that. Al Jefferson is nowhere near what Kevin Garnett is.

If I was a T-Wolves fan I'd be plenty pissed off.

Again, just relax and see what happens, where are those damned chips!!

couch-potato-cat.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really know what to think yet, at face value, I think Minnesota was raped, but depending on the performance of all the players involved there is no way to tell, best thing to do is sit back, relax, and see what happens...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh, hey Peter, pass the chips

couch-potato-cat.jpg

I can't help but feel upset about this move as a Knicks fan. Just when the Knicks were getting better now they have to face KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen 4 nights a season. All this move does is make the Celtics a powerhouse team in the East.

And all this in spiteof the fact that the Suns offered McHale a better package.

I'm already sick of hearing these M@sshole f@ggots brag and gloat about how wonderful the Patriots and Red Sox are. Now I have to hear about the Celtics. F*ck this bullsh*t.

I can't help but feel upset about this move as a Knicks fan. Just when the Knicks were getting better now they have to face KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen 4 nights a season. All this move does is make the Celtics a powerhouse team in the East.

I'm already sick of hearing these M@sshole f@ggots brag and gloat about how wonderful the Patriots and Red Sox are. Now I have to hear about the Celtics. F*ck this bullsh*t.

WHERE ARE THE DAMNED CHIPS!!

couch-potato-cat.jpg

I'm already sick of hearing these M@sshole f@ggots brag and gloat about how wonderful the Patriots and Red Sox are. Now I have to hear about the Celtics. ***** this bullsh*t.

the celtics are gonna dominate

There's still the mid-level exception to play with. It's not hard to get a couple role players on the cheap.

i know but i still don't have any confidence in a Danny Ainge constructed team

im still interested in watchnig the C's this year because of KG

Seriously...

Detroit is basically the same team, Chicago has upgraded their big men and is the same team, and the Cavs are the same team...

Even with this trade Boston isnt at that level yet...

That is just wishful thinking on your part.

If Cleveland can win the East with one great player and absolutely NOTHING else, then Boston can win it with one great player and two very good ones.

The East will be up for grabs- Lebron leads the Cavs, Detroit is a year older but still good, Bulls are up and coming but still have to prove themselves in the playoffs. Boston will be a contender-that is all you can ask if you are a Celtic fan.

I'm ecstatic about this deal.

The Celtics haven't won a title since 1986 and have lived through the Bias and Lewis tragedy's, the ML Carr and Rick Pitino eras and the curse of the lottery.

The Celtics are back on the National Stage. It's about time.

Garnett wearing #5 is just retarded IMO. WTF kinda number is 5 for KG? Either way, Boston still isn't a Top 4 team in the Eastern Conference. There are still 4 teams I'd take over them.

Detroit

Chicago

Cleveland

Miami

3 men alone will not win you a championship. Nice Center and Point Guard they have there and what a solid bench.... NOT!

Garnett wearing #5 is just retarded IMO. WTF kinda number is 5 for KG? Either way, Boston still isn't a Top 4 team in the Eastern Conference. There are still 4 teams I'd take over them.

Detroit

Chicago

Cleveland

Miami

3 men alone will not win you a championship. Nice Center and Point Guard they have there and what a solid bench.... NOT!

I don't think Bill Sharman is going to let KG wear 21.

Detroit

Chicago

Cleveland

Miami

124 - I hear what you are saying, do not entirely agree with the Celts being 5th best, but the difference between any of those teams and the Celtics (on paper--big consideration) is moot.

Miami - Wade is better then anything the Celtics have, but which Shaq are you getting? The fat one and lazy one that has treaded water the last 5 years or a young and hungry one?

Cleveland - Like Miami, Lebron is above anything the Celtics have, but then Lebron and who will deceidely favor the Cavs over a Pierce-Garnett pairing?

Detroit and Chicago are clearly better, but neither is exactly on par with anything the West can throw at you. This means they can be had. If Lebron can take down Detroit, then a three headed monster in Boston can take them down also.

I agree they are not going to win a championship, but if Miami can with 1.5 players, then Boston can make a run with 3. Plus, it is not like Pierce and Garnett have all that playoff mileage on their legs. ;)

I'm ecstatic about this deal.

The Celtics haven't won a title since 1986 and have lived through the Bias and Lewis tragedy's, the ML Carr and Rick Pitino eras and the curse of the lottery.

The Celtics are back on the National Stage. It's about time.

I am not as happy with the deal as you.

I can see giving up Gerald Green, but Al to? I hope Garnett is all but extended because if he is not, the Celtics are set back another decade.

I don't think Miami won with just 1.5 players PK. Shaq was more Shaq-esque in the playoffs that year and that team also had many other weapons in Gary Payton, Antoine Walker, Udonios Hasleem and a few others. I don't really see anyone on Boston besides their Big 3 making an impact. I keep hearing about Rayshon Rondjo, but I just don't see it.

You people who think this is a bad trade for the Celtics and a good one for the T-Wolves are smoking crack. Point f*cking blank.

If Al Jefferson was such a wonderful player how come he couldn't help the Celtics do any better than a 24-58 record in a weak Easten Confernce?

Garnett in his decline is still way the f*ck better than Al Jefferson and scrubs like Telfair and Ratliff and two first round picks that won't be sh*t. Minnesota got raped here.

Don't know where I said anyone won or lost in the trade..but to say the Wolves didn't get anything is ridiculous.

KG is a top 3 player in this league..but clearly on the backside of his career. He wouldn't have brought a championship to Minn. with the players they could afford to put around him. The Wolves pick up cap space with an expiring contract, and 2 #1 picks..one of which was their own that they shipped in the Wally deal. The Wolves will suck..and that pick will be a lottery pick.

Al Jefferson is going to be a dominant player at his position. Why didn't he lead the Celts to a better record? Since when were the Celtics his team? Paul Pierce dragged his ass all year..forcing the team on a 21 year old Jefferson. 16 and 11 isn't bad for his second year.

The Celtics get temporarily better..but lost a stud in Jefferson. Minnesota, if they continue to draft right (Foye) with their multiple picks in the future, and use their cap space wisely will return to the postseason, while the Celtics will be rebuilding after their top 3 stars are retiring.

Don't know where I said anyone won or lost in the trade..but to say the Wolves didn't get anything is ridiculous.

KG is a top 3 player in this league..but clearly on the backside of his career. He wouldn't have brought a championship to Minn. with the players they could afford to put around him. The Wolves pick up cap space with an expiring contract, and 2 #1 picks..one of which was their own that they shipped in the Wally deal. The Wolves will suck..and that pick will be a lottery pick.

Al Jefferson is going to be a dominant player at his position. Why didn't he lead the Celts to a better record? Since when were the Celtics his team? Paul Pierce dragged his ass all year..forcing the team on a 21 year old Jefferson. 16 and 11 isn't bad for his second year.

The Celtics get temporarily better..but lost a stud in Jefferson. Minnesota, if they continue to draft right (Foye) with their multiple picks in the future, and use their cap space wisely will return to the postseason, while the Celtics will be rebuilding after their top 3 stars are retiring.

Minn is getting raped in this trade:

1. Of the 2 1st round picks Minn is getting one which will be garbage thanks to the fact that the Celtics now have KG, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. The other will be a lottery pick but one lottery pick does not make up for losing a top 3 player.

2. Al Jefferson is going to be a dominant player? Are you kidding me? He put up nice stats in the east facing off against undersized teams every night but he will get eaten alive by the likes of Duncan, Amare Stoudamire and Dirk Nowitzki every night. Sure, Jeff will be a good fantasy player putting up pretty stats but he will not make the Wolves a better team and no way will he ever be the "dominant" player you say he will be.

And yes, the 24 wins in the weak Eastern Conference was also Al Jefferson's fault. Guys younger and better than Al Jefferson like Lebron James and Amare Stoudamire were able to make their teams better in the wins and losses column. Jesus, you make the boy sound like he's Dwight Howard or something.

3. Does KG make the Celtics better only temporarily? If you want to minimize being a championship contender for the next 5-6 years go ahead. The Celtics want to win a championship, not win 20-something games a year with scrubs like Al Jefferson, Gerald Green and Sebastian Telfair.

1. Of the 2 1st round picks Minn is getting one which will be garbage thanks to the fact that the Celtics now have KG, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. The other will be a lottery pick but one lottery pick does not make up for losing a top 3 player.

2. Al Jefferson is going to be a dominant player? Are you kidding me? He put up nice stats in the east facing off against undersized teams every night but he will get eaten alive by the likes of Duncan, Amare Stoudamire and Dirk Nowitzki every night. Sure, Jeff will be a good fantasy player putting up pretty stats but he will not make the Wolves a better team and no way will he ever be the "dominant" player you say he will be.

And yes, the 24 wins in the weak Eastern Conference was also Al Jefferson's fault. Guys younger and better than Al Jefferson like Lebron James and Amare Stoudamire were able to make their teams better in the wins and losses column. Jesus, you make the boy sound like he's Dwight Howard or something.

3. Does KG make the Celtics better only temporarily? If you want to minimize being a championship contender for the next 5-6 years go ahead. The Celtics want to win a championship, not win 20-something games a year with scrubs like Al Jefferson, Gerald Green and Sebastian Telfair.

I'm glad you have the special powers of predicting how "garbage" a draft pick of theirs is going to be. Gilbert Arenas has been taken in the 2nd round. Jay Williams has been taken with the second pick. You never know what you're going to get.

How do you know how AJ will fare against other forwards you claim he hasn't played a lot with because he plays in the east? Do you have more special powers I don't know about to make that prediction? Do you follow AJ around to see how he is improving/not improving? Do you know what he's working on, if he's in the weight room and what he is learning in a new system?

And now..to top it all off you are comparing Al freaking Jefferson to Lebron James? HA! Amare has a GOOD supporting cast..Jefferson did not..and still does not. But that doesn't mean he can't continue to put up good numbers.

Celtics Championship contenders for the next 5-6? Paul Pierce sucks. Ray Allen won't last past the next 2 seasons. So that leaves the C's with a washed up KG, all that salary tied up and no 1st round picks. Yeah..that's a solid championship contender. The Celtics will still be paying KG his salary by the time they start from scratch again in a few years.

I'm a Magic fan..and you make Dwight Howard sound like he is a God. I've got news for you..I'm a huge D-Ho fan..but he is single-handedly the reason the Magic were swept in the playoffs. If Dwight could hit a free throw like AJ can..the Magic might have won some games. Dwight Howard is a dunk machine..that's about it.

Bottom line is you see the trash the Wolves got in Sea-Bass..but they got a solid young core of players and AJ to build around as a centerpiece. I'm not going to sit here and debate with you any longer, but follow the Wolves this season and watch him play before you knock the dude. And wait to see what they do with the cap room next summer, and who they draft.

• 4 months later...

32 and 20 against one of your so called "Monster's of the West" in Amare.

• 1 month later...

Archived