Celtics agree to acquire Garnett for four players, draft pick

TaborJet

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The T-Wolves are 7-34 with your dominant boy Jefferson leading the show. What's Boston's record with Garnett? You really showed us.

So you're comparing 3 potential HOF canidates, a REALLY good supporting cast with Rondo, Perk,Big Baby and House..to Al Jefferson and Boston Celtics' losing retreads from last year? Your boy KG couldn't win with the Wolves in 11 years..swap him and Al and what makes the difference? Antoine Walker? LOL. So by your logic..KG is not a dominant player in the NBA. OK.

I'm not a Wolves fan by any stretch..so your record doesn't impress me. The C's are slowly coming back down to Earth. This argumet has been about you claiming Big Al not being a young, doiminant player in the NBA. And he has been. Not to mention ****ting on Amare Stoudamire any chance he gets.

So you're comparing 3 potential HOF canidates, a REALLY good supporting cast with Rondo, Perk,Big Baby and House..to Al Jefferson and Boston Celtics' losing retreads from last year? Your boy KG couldn't win with the Wolves in 11 years..swap him and Al and what makes the difference? Antoine Walker? LOL. So by your logic..KG is not a dominant player in the NBA. OK.

I'm not a Wolves fan by any stretch..so your record doesn't impress me. The C's are slowly coming back down to Earth. This argumet has been about you claiming Big Al not being a young, doiminant player in the NBA. And he has been. Not to mention ****ting on Amare Stoudamire any chance he gets.

Al Jefferson is a stats collector a la Antonio McDyess early in his career with the Denver Nuggets. My argument with you is that if he Al Jefferson is such a dominant player his team should have more than 7 wins with the NBA season half over. The Jefferson-led Wolves have 6 less wins than the Knicks. That's pathetic.

You do realize the Celtics won 24 games last year with this "dominant big man" Al Jefferson leading the way and now with Garnett they're on a pace to win 65 games this season. That's a 41-win improvement.

"Dominant" means your teams win more than 7 games in half a season and don't suck ass. Bottom line.

Al Jefferson is a stats collector a la Antonio McDyess early in his career with the Denver Nuggets. My argument with you is that if he Al Jefferson is such a dominant player his team should have more than 7 wins with the NBA season half over. The Jefferson-led Wolves have 6 less wins than the Knicks. That's pathetic.

You do realize the Celtics won 24 games last year with this "dominant big man" Al Jefferson leading the way and now with Garnett they're on a pace to win 65 games this season. That's a 41-win improvement.

If Al Jefferson is such a dominant player his teams would not suck ass. Bottom line.

And the Wolves finished with 32 wins..missed the playoffs..what's your point?

Where was Ray Allen last year on that team? Where was House? Where was Big Baby? Not to mention Al only started 60 of those games.

It's quite obvious to any NBA fan the C's improved their roster dramatically. Why you refuse to use that as a fact the C's have improved their record is beyond me.

Now, Al Jefferson is no KG..obviously..but your weird hatred for him is intriguing..when he is outplaying his opponents up and down the floor..opponents you called "dominant" in the NBA.

Stats compiler? That's an off statement. When you are the best player on your team with no help around you..what do you expect from him? To lie down and not play ball?

21 and 12 is DOMINANT in the Western conference for a big man. Especially with no offensive threats around him to spread the floor. Twist it anyway you want..Big Al has a bright, long future ahead of him.

And the Wolves finished with 32 wins..missed the playoffs..what's your point?

Where was Ray Allen last year on that team? Where was House? Where was Big Baby? Not to mention Al only started 60 of those games.

It's quite obvious to any NBA fan the C's improved their roster dramatically. Why you refuse to use that as a fact the C's have improved their record is beyond me.

Now, Al Jefferson is no KG..obviously..but your weird hatred for him is intriguing..when he is outplaying his opponents up and down the floor..opponents you called "dominant" in the NBA.

Stats compiler? That's an off statement. When you are the best player on your team with no help around you..what do you expect from him? To lie down and not play ball?

21 and 12 is DOMINANT in the Western conference for a big man. Especially with no offensive threats around him to spread the floor. Twist it anyway you want..Big Al has a bright, long future ahead of him.

I never said I hated Al Jefferson I just don't think he's as good as you make him out to be. You're making him out to be Wilt Chamberlain on steroids and that just sounds stupid when his team has won 7 games and the season is half over. You must have a serious crush on the guy.

Stop making excuses for how little the guy wins. Chris Bosh doesn't have a much better supporting cast in Toronto and yet the Raptors have won more than three times as many games this season. Granted the Raptors are in the Eastern Conference but 7 wins in half an NBA season by Jefferson and the T-Wolves an NBA season is just inexcusable. An NBA team shold win more than 7 games in half a season by accident.

Kevin Durant has an even worse supporting cast in Seattle plus he's a rookie yet the Sonics have won more games than Jefferson and the T-Wolves.

Put David Lee on the T-Wolves and he'd probably have similar stats to Al Jefferson. The guy is a stats collector and nowhere near what Kevin Garnett is. You sound silly and stubborn trying to argue that Kendrick Perkins and Eddie House are the reason the Celtics are on a pace to improve by 40 wins.

All I've been saying this entire time is that Boston raped Minnesota up the ass without a rubber in that trade and so far I've been right 110%. I'm done with this foolishness on your part.

I never said I hated Al Jefferson I just don't think he's as good as you make him out to be. You're making him out to be Wilt Chamberlain on steroids and that just sounds stupid when his team has won 7 games and the season is half over. You must have a serious crush on the guy.

Stop making excuses for how little the guy wins. Chris Bosh doesn't have a much better supporting cast in Toronto and yet the Raptors have won more than three times as many games this season. Granted the Raptors are in the Eastern Conference but 7 wins in half an NBA season by Jefferson and the T-Wolves an NBA season is just inexcusable. An NBA team shold win more than 7 games in half a season by accident.

Kevin Durant has an even worse supporting cast in Seattle plus he's a rookie yet the Sonics have won more games than Jefferson and the T-Wolves.

Put David Lee on the T-Wolves and he'd probably have similar stats to Al Jefferson. The guy is a stats collector and nowhere near what Kevin Garnett is. You sound silly and stubborn trying to argue that Kendrick Perkins and Eddie House are the reason the Celtics are on a pace to improve by 40 wins.

All I've been saying this entire time is that Boston raped Minnesota up the ass without a rubber in that trade and so far I've been right 110%. I'm done with this foolishness on your part.

No..I am proving..and have proved..WITH stats..that he is more than just a scrub.

No one is arguing KG isn't better.

No one is arguing the C's aren't better.

This is not a comparison..nor does it have anything to do with Wins. BASKETBALL GAMES ARE NOT WON BY ONE PERSON.

Short term? Sure..the Celtics get the better of the trade..they are happy while they win 50 games and get eliminated from the playoffs.

Long term? The wolves win in a land slide. A young..DOMINANT big man to build their team around. Salaries will come off the books..make a run at a premier FA, draft well..and they will make a run at the playoffs in a couple of years. Not to mention the Celtics have no first round picks to build this team back up when KG and Allen ride in to the sunset.

Your 110% means jack to me..that number might ease your mind temporarily..but the Celtics sold their young superstar for a cheap 2-3 year thrill.

Chris Bosh has a decent supporing cast. Calderon is a big time shooter. Delfino and TJ Ford are decent players. Moon is a budding star. Barganini is in a sophmore slump, and should get better. Kapano is a gunner off the bench. Better than the Wolves if you ask me.

Seattle is 9-33

Minnesota 7-34

Wow..good comparison!

I'm not making Al look any better than he is..he is what he is. A young, up and coming superstar big man in the west.

Perk and House aren't great or even good players by any stretch of the imagination..but maybe your dense look on things has you confused. You made my point..those two aren't that good..yet they are still better than anyone put around Al besides Foye.

Have fun watching Al light it up the next 10 years..while the Celtics are rebuilding and KG and Ray Ray are sitting on their couches at home.

K2C,

I can't understand someone who would bump a thread 8 months later to perform fellatio on a stats guy whose team is 7-34. Al Jefferson's teams are 70 games under .500 the past year and a half. Stephon Marbury can laugh at that.

I'm through trying to dignify your asinine comennts.

K2C,

I can't understand someone who would bump a thread 8 months later to perform fellatio on a stats guy whose team is 7-34. Al Jefferson's teams are 70 games under .500 the past year and a half. Stephon Marbury can laugh at that.

I'm through trying to dignify your asinine comennts.

Because bumping a week later would have been smart..with the season not even started yet. I wouldn't have had all these stats to beat you over the head with.

Don't dignify..just take your beating. Let me know if you want to keep going.

• 3 months later...
How so...isn't the series 2-1?

It's 2-1 in favor of the Celtics after Garnet turned in a gem of a performance last night on the road. Last year the Celtics had the worst record in the league and now they're two wins away from going to the Finals.

K2C has been trying to convince the world that the Celtics got the bad end of the Garnett trade b/c they gave the T-Wolves Al Jefferson and a couple late 1st round picks.

I wonder how many Boston fans regret that trade now?

• 2 weeks later...
I just read this thread again and 124, ecurb & SweetLee83's comments in August were comical; to say the least.

I'm too lazy to quote them but take a look at the 1st few pages.

K2C was by far and away the dumbest. Trying to act like the Celtics got hosed in the Garnett deal b/c they gave Al Jefferson. They won 21 games last year with stat boy Al-Jeff and this year they finished with the best record int he league and are about to win an NBA title.

But the Celtics don't have Al Jefferson, Gerald Green and Theo Ratliff anymore. First Randy Moss for a 4th round pick and then Garnett for a bunch of scrubs. Damn, how do Boston fans make it through the day?

Archived