Gagne to Red Sox

CrazyCarl40

Curt Schilling wasnt negotiating the deal. lol

Everyone knows the Dbacks asked for Soriano and Johnson, it was ALL OVER THE NEWS FOR WEEKS. Build a timemachine and go back if you dont believe. I am NOT wasting my time looking up something that I know was in fact reported.

I know he wasn't negotiating, but I have no doubt that he was aware of the particulars.

The media would know better than someone involved in the deal. Got it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. I already debunked your "barton is making it up he has no sources blahblah" crapola allegations in the jetswiki thread. I think you should keep quiet this time around.

I am done arguing today.

Not sure what world you did that in... but you havent debunked ****.

The same people who scream that every other team is out to get their team, are the very same people who write newspapers and tell them how appalled they were at the coverage that the national media gave their team during the world series, and how the announcers were openly "rooting against" their team.

Never fails.

The same people who scream that every other team is out to get their team, are the very same people who write newspapers and tell them how appalled they were at the coverage that the national media gave their team during the world series, and how the announcers were openly "rooting against" their team.

Never fails.

McCarver hates the Red Sox.

I've actually given you insight from someone who was involved in the deal. You expect me to believe you? Show me some proof.

Here ya go, I found somethings:

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6874060

Having failed to land Schilling when they wouldn't part with both Alfonso Soriano and Nick Johnson, New York is expected to respond quickly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/13/sports/baseball/13BASE.html

Arizona Lets Yanks Know Schilling Has a High Price

By JACK CURRY

HOENIX, Nov. 12 — The Yankees continued their methodical pursuit of pitcher Curt Schilling by having more discussions with the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday, but the potential trade has encountered an obstacle because of a disagreement over the price. The Diamondbacks have asked for second baseman Alfonso Soriano and first baseman Nick Johnson for Schilling and second baseman Junior Spivey.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/george.familyuk/bos%20-%20schillingjoins.htm

It was no secret that the Diamondbacks needed to save money, and were looking to deal Schilling's $12 million a year so they could pursue a big hitter like Richie Sexson. The Yankees wanted Schilling, but were reluctant to part with Nick Johnson and Alfonso Soriano. Epstein had lesser quality players to offer, but came away with the prize!

Happy now, ecurb? thor? Next time believe me.

So let me see if I have this straight...Barton now has to take Crazymike's spot as the paranoid schizophrenic Yankee homer?

Barton, are you kidding me right now? Other GM's have it in for the Yankees? I cant tell if youre being serious or just ventin about Gagne.

By the way: WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! We just made the best bullpen in baseball 10 times better!!!

Now back to Barton and his lunacy. Let me preface by saying that I am not going to spend much time on him because he is a welcher and shouldnt even be here. You make absurd statements all the time, many Yankee fans are notorious for this. Yankee fans have a HUUUUUGE tendency to inflate the value of your own players, especially your own brought-ups.

Im not going to get into the Jeter thing again, but he is one example. Overrated Wang is another one, Nick Johnson was another one, Hughes is clearly another one, Chamberlain is another one, Ian Whatshisname is another one...there should be NO SUCH THING as an untouchable Yankee prospect. You fans think too highly of your own prospects and not nearly high enough for that of someone else's.

Kason "Jimmy Key Jr" Gabbard is the real deal! Texas actually got value in this trade for once. 2 months and the playoffs worth of Gagne is by far at least worth a bona fide major league lefty starter that gets ground ball outs in a hitter's ballpark.

Too bad the Yankees, who desperately needed him couldnt get it done. When you literally OVERPAY a washed-up HOF'er at every position, youre bound to be stuck with an untradable logjam of has-beens who flame out every fall like clockwork.

Dont hate.

So let me see if I have this straight...Barton now has to take Crazymike's spot as the paranoid schizophrenic Yankee homer?

Barton, are you kidding me right now? Other GM's have it in for the Yankees? I cant tell if youre being serious or just ventin about Gagne.

By the way: WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! We just made the best bullpen in baseball 10 times better!!!

Now back to Barton and his lunacy. Let me preface by saying that I am not going to spend much time on him because he is a welcher and shouldnt even be here. You make absurd statements all the time, many Yankee fans are notorious for this. Yankee fans have a HUUUUUGE tendency to inflate the value of your own players, especially your own brought-ups.

Im not going to get into the Jeter thing again, but he is one example. Overrated Wang is another one, Nick Johnson was another one, Hughes is clearly another one, Chamberlain is another one, Ian Whatshisname is another one...there should be NO SUCH THING as an untouchable Yankee prospect. You fans think too highly of your own prospects and not nearly high enough for that of someone else's.

Kason "Jimmy Key Jr" Gabbard is the real deal! Texas actually got value in this trade for once. 2 months and the playoffs worth of Gagne is by far at least worth a bona fide major league lefty starter that gets ground ball outs in a hitter's ballpark.

Too bad the Yankees, who desperately needed him couldnt get it done. When you literally OVERPAY a washed-up HOF'er at every position, youre bound to be stuck with an untradable logjam of has-beens who flame out every fall like clockwork.

Dont hate.

Name 5 jets players

The only way I see this NOT being a great move for the Sox is if they have to use Gagne on consecutive days. I remember during a baseball tonight broadcast weeks ago that the Rangers wouldn't use him on back-to-back days because he seemed to lose something without a full day of rest. Looking at his game log it appears he was only used on consecutive days twice all season and was roughed up in one of those outings. With an 8 game lead this shouldn't be an issue, but come playoff time it could be worth watching.

The only way I see this NOT being a great move for the Sox is if they have to use Gagne on consecutive days. I remember during a baseball tonight broadcast weeks ago that the Rangers wouldn't use him on back-to-back days because he seemed to lose something without a full day of rest. Looking at his game log it appears he was only used on consecutive days twice all season and was roughed up in one of those outings. With an 8 game lead this shouldn't be an issue, but come playoff time it could be worth watching.

They don't like to use Papelbon that way either, and it should give them both the rest they need, and a goos rest for Mike Timlin.

All in all the leagues best bullpen just got better and better set up to be utilized by Francona.

Just imagine if Torre had the Sox bullpen. Neither Timlin, Gagne, or Paps would even have right arms anymore.

Wow

The Sawx aquire another known "roider" and BlowSux does his best Debbie does Dallas Cheeerleader, pom-pom waiving, skirt wearing imitation ever.

Ironic, ain't it?

hahahahahaha

i gotta admit though, Gagne will be good for the sawx.

but his arm is made of paper

Update:

Papelbon looking as dominant as he has been all year:

steady diets 95, 95, 97 mph.......got Aubrey Huff and Brian Roberts looking confused and silly out there! Those 2 guys are excellent major league hitters...and they are so overmatched it aint even funny. Wait, yes it is!

Its funny because I was just touting him last night, and I continu to be the anti-JonEJinx!

ya know, initially I took the blame for that..........

but in actuality, had I known Curt was gonna shake off his catcher with 0 hits, 26 outs and 2 strikes recorded, I woulda said that he had no chance of doing it.

I accept no blame, anti-JonEJinx streak still intact.

but in actuality, had I known Curt was gonna shake off his catcher with 0 hits, 26 outs and 2 strikes recorded, I woulda said that he had no chance of doing it.

so what about brandon lyon? you ****ed up his whole career.

i bet you used to rock a Byung Byung Kim jersey back in October 2001

so what about brandon lyon? you ****ed up his whole career.

i bet you used to rock a Byung Byung Kim jersey back in October 2001

He wore that one while holding hands with JonEJet. He was wearing a Brien Taylor jersey.

name 5 people on the current Jets roster and I will neg rep 5 people of your choosing.

Archived