G-8 concerts....Live Aid II

TaborJet

The London show is slated to feature Paul McCartney, U2, Mariah Carey, Coldplay, Madonna, Elton John, Sting, Annie Lennox, Dido, Keane, Muse, Scissor Sisters, Joss Stone, Stereophonics, Robbie Williams, R.E.M., Razorlight, Velvet Revolver, the Killers, the Cure, Geldof and Snow Patrol; while Philly will be hosted by Will Smith and feature Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band, Stevie Wonder, Maroon 5, Jay-Z, Sarah McLachlan, Rob Thomas, Keith Urban, 50 Cent, Kaiser Chiefs and P. Diddy.

Berlin has Crosby, Stills & Nash, Lauryn Hill, A-ha, Die Toten Hosen and the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson. So far, Jamiroquai, Placebo, Craig David, Andrea Bocelli, Johnny Halliday, Manu Chao, Youssou N'Dour and tennis-player-turned-singer Yannick Noah are on board in Paris; and Duran Duran, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are slated to play Rome.

while Philly will be hosted by Will Smith and feature Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band, Stevie Wonder, Maroon 5, Jay-Z, Sarah McLachlan, Rob Thomas, Keith Urban, 50 Cent, Kaiser Chiefs and P. Diddy.

They expect people to pay money to sit through Will Smith and that Combs guy kareoke rap and Dave Matthews drone in Philadelphia? The whole population of that city may flee to the Jersey shore until this stuff(not music)is over.

They expect people to pay money to sit through Will Smith and that Combs guy kareoke rap and Dave Matthews drone in Philadelphia? The whole population of that city may flee to the Jersey shore until this stuff(not music)is over.

Dave Matthews Drone? I guess with Dave, either you like him or don't. There's no in between. I would go just to see him. However, there's supposed to be a kick-ass party in Toms River, so I'll pass on the concert.

The London show is slated to feature Paul McCartney, U2, Mariah Carey, Coldplay, Madonna, Elton John, Sting, Annie Lennox, Dido, Keane, Muse, Scissor Sisters, Joss Stone, Stereophonics, Robbie Williams, R.E.M., Razorlight, Velvet Revolver, the Killers, the Cure, Geldof and Snow Patrol

What a crap line-up. There are only 4 names there that I would want to see live. Luckily for me I have tickets to see a proper R.E.M. concert the week after. 8)

These are just the first big name acts ,i`m sure others will be added to the list ,by the way the concert is free but you have to have a ticket to get in.London has the best lineup so far ,Iwas in Philly for the last gig ,I still have the book from it around here somewhere

What a crap line-up. There are only 4 names there that I would want to see live. Luckily for me I have tickets to see a proper R.E.M. concert the week after. 8)
REM is a total sell-out. I remember when they were an up-and-coming band playing first time at the Pink Peppermint Lounge on 14th st. They were all energy in the Who style. Now we have all the studio gizmos to drown out what might've been there. Maybe they needed the Beatles or Stones producer. It's been all downhill since the first album.

I've no patience for these festivals. Too much waiting around between acts who only play 25 min each. Yes, I'm old. And cranky.

Archived