18. Penn State

19. Nebraska

20. Arkansas

21. Florida State

22. TCU

23. Boise State

24. Hawai'i

25. Texas A&M

1) USC is going to go down this season, I don't see a Nat. Champ. in the cards. the losses they've suffered to the NFL might be too much, only real scary players they have are Baker and Booty(never thought I'd say that in a serious sentence), maybe there LB (forgot his name) I think they'll lose to either Cal, who have wayy more talent than that of USC this season, or UCLA.

3) Florida is suspect going into this season, Tim Tebow has yet to show that he isn't a RB with a QB number. If he can pass to the level or just below the level of Chris Leak the Gators might make another run, but their defense needs to find a new leader, losing Reggie Nelson and Brandon Siler.

9) Va Tech went through a tough offseason, with happenings i'm sure you are all aware of, that mixed with the fact that they IMO haven't found a solid QB situation, will take them out of the top 15 come early october.

11) Louisville is my pick for the Big East this year, losing both Bush and #24 (forgot his name) can have a big effect on a team, but George Stripling will step into the role nicely. Mario Urrutia and Harry Douglas will be great targets for future #1 overall pick, Brian Brohm.

23) Boise State won't, I REPEAT, won't have the success they had last year because the element of surprise is gone, they won't catch anyone off gaurd this season, Ian Johnson will be forced to shoulder that offense and I don't think he'll be enough to keep them in the top 25.

USC has pipeline of recruits as usual- they have to replace their wide receivers-Booty is the experienced QB for them.

First time Rutgers is rated in preseason top 25 in their history i would think.

USC has pipeline of recruits as usual- they have to replace their wide receivers-Booty is the experienced QB for them.

First time Rutgers is rated in preseason top 25 in their history i would think.

Rutgers is the same as Boise State, just erase Ian Johnson and put Raydell Rice.

That poll lost all credibility the second i clicked on the link and saw Duke had 1 vote. Unless this is the top 25 worst football programs of all time, they dont deserve any votes for anything. If it is however, they should have a lot more than one.

1) USC is going to go down this season, I don't see a Nat. Champ. in the cards. the losses they've suffered to the NFL might be too much, only real scary players they have are Baker and Booty(never thought I'd say that in a serious sentence), maybe there LB (forgot his name) I think they'll lose to either Cal, who have wayy more talent than that of USC this season, or UCLA.

Are you serious?

There isn't a Pac-10 team with HALF the talent of USC, much less a team with more.

Are you serious?

There isn't a Pac-10 team with HALF the talent of USC, much less a team with more.

Cal has a better, less publicized QB. Nate Longshore, whom I think will make a better pro, he doesn't play for "California's team" so he doesn't get much press. Cal has a better RB situation with Justin Forsett, whom if it wasn't for Marshawn Lynch would've been a first team all american last year.

They have a better receiving core headed by Desean Jackson, whom is going to be a top 5 pick in any draft he enters.

Maybe not there Defense, that might be an overstatement, but Cal's offense is more threatening and promising than that of USC.

USC is the Notre Dame of the Non-Independent conferences, they are overrated year after year just because of who they are.

Bottom Line out of all this discussion, USC won't, I repeat, won't, I repeat again, won't go undefeated, maybe not even a 2 loss season, thus knocking them out of championship contention.

Cal has a better, less publicized QB. Nate Longshore, whom I think will make a better pro, he doesn't play for "California's team" so he doesn't get much press. Cal has a better RB situation with Justin Forsett, whom if it wasn't for Marshawn Lynch would've been a first team all american last year.

They have a better receiving core headed by Desean Jackson, whom is going to be a top 5 pick in any draft he enters.

Maybe not there Defense, that might be an overstatement, but Cal's offense is more threatening and promising than that of USC.

USC is the Notre Dame of the Non-Independent conferences, they are overrated year after year just because of who they are.

Bottom Line out of all this discussion, USC won't, I repeat, won't, I repeat again, won't go undefeated, maybe not even a 2 loss season, thus knocking them out of championship contention.

Cal has a better running backs situation? Are you serious? USC has SEVEN top 10 prep backs on their roster! They have a ridiculous amount of running backs, better ones that California.

The only edge Cal has is with Jackson, and that is one player.

Cal has a better running backs situation? Are you serious? USC has SEVEN top 10 prep backs on their roster! They have a ridiculous amount of running backs, better ones that California.

The only edge Cal has is with Jackson, and that is one player.

They have a more solid situation, the RB by committee can only get you so far, while Cal has a go-to back who can be prepared for any key situation.

No people just think of Cal at Tennessee in Week 1 last year. RB by committee? Even if it is a rb by committee, this isn't a bunch of scrubs running the football, and saying that JD Booty is overrated is a joke. JD Booty is publicized, as "not as good as Leinart.", who does Longshore have to compare to? Oh, do I have to point out that Longshore is a Tedford QB?

Archived