Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

A-Rod hits #500

1st pitch..1st inning...3-Run bomb

A-Rod just hit #500 in the 1st inning of today's game against the Royals and gave the Yanks a 3-0 lead.

Congrats AROD!!

1st pitch..1st inning...3-Run bomb

Congrats to A-Rod.

Here's to hitting #800 in a Red Sox uniform.

Damn I missed it.

Yea me too unfortunately. I just turned to the game right after he hit it.

And Cano is on FIRE

And the Yanks hit for the cycle in the 1st inning

Jeter- Single

Matsui- Double

Cano- Triple

A Rod- Homer

Now it's time to watch Phil Hughes:box:

Now it's time to watch Phil Hughes:box:

I'd like to see that, but it's blacked out here.:bag:

I'd like to see that, but it's blacked out here.:bag:

MLB.com baby...woohoo

Hughes looked good in the first inning but I loved that he was throwing curve balls with fastball counts and the fastball was pin-point. We'll see how long he keeps it up.

MLB.com baby...woohoo

Hughes looked good in the first inning but I loved that he was throwing curve balls with fastball counts and the fastball was pin-point. We'll see how long he keeps it up.

I have MLB.TV, but that's blacked out too.

I don't have the patience to 'watch' it on Gameday.

****!! I missed it, how has Hughes looked?

Only one inning but he's looked sharp so far. Even his lead off walk in the second he could have gotten the K on the 2-2 pitch but he didn't get the call.

Gotcha...I guess being in the UK I get it

Only one inning but he's looked sharp so far. Even his lead off walk in the second he could have gotten the K on the 2-2 pitch but he didn't get the call.

His changeup has ALOT of sinking motion to it.

His changeup has ALOT of sinking motion to it.

He's only thrown a couple of them so far. I think his curve is most impressive today. Throwing it on all counts and throwing it for strikes. Three K's so far in 1.2 IP and really should have four.

Edit: K's the side in the 2nd after the leadoff walk

You can listen on 1010 AM in tampa or get the audio on mlb.com

You can listen on 1010 AM in tampa or get the audio on mlb.com

I know, Waldman and Kay make me want to puke.

1010 now has Mike and the Mad Dog. Frightening.

can someone do me a favor and post a link to John Sterling's call of this homerun? I cant find it anywhere!

:rl:

Nevermind, I just found it...

One of his best calls ever! I knew he was going to go with "an A-bomb, from AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-Rod"

Why would he not make it about him???

No reason for Vizcaino to be pitching in a 10 run ball game. I guess he's getting the proctor treatment now that proctor is gone - great job Torre.

Seriously, Torre is easily the worst manager of bullpens in the entire league. He's usuing Vizcaino, our main and ONLY RELIABLE reliever (outside of MO) in frickin 9 run games, 6 run games etc etc.

If Vizcaino isnt throwing barely 90mph in 5 weeks, I'll be very surprised. Torre is already proctorizing him.

Uh oh, now its a 16-8 game, start warming up Mo!!

Congrats to A-Rod on this milestone. Thor, I dont think he will ever play for the Sox.

They were discussing if he ended up in Colorado if he bolts the Yankees. He could pass Bonds in 6 seasons if he ended up there. He could easily average 50 HR's a year playing there.

Congrats to A-Rod on this milestone. Thor, I dont think he will ever play for the Sox.

They were discussing if he ended up in Colorado if he bolts the Yankees. He could pass Bonds in 6 seasons if he ended up there. He could easily average 50 HR's a year playing there.

Colorado can't afford to pay him. There are only 3-4 teams who can pay him the money that he'll be looking for (if he opts out).

I promise you, he'll go where the money is.

Wow! What a day. Got to witness Arod's historic home run in person, in the box seats. The place just went ballistic.

I took a lot of pictures, but I give the credit to my brother-in-law for the money shot. He got the photo of Arod hitting #500, with the ball just coming off the bat. I will post it here as soon as he gets it to me.

Hot as hell there today, in the 90's, and we were in the sun until the 8th inning. But TOTALLY worth it. The electricity was in the stadium throughout the entire game.

I think now that #500 is out of the way, Arod can now relax and just pick up where he left off....becoming the 2007 AL MVP.

• Upvote 1

Wow! What a day. Got to witness Arod's historic home run in person, in the box seats. The place just went ballistic.

I took a lot of pictures, but I give the credit to my brother-in-law for the money shot. He got the photo of Arod hitting #500, with the ball just coming off the bat. I will post it here as soon as he gets it to me.

Hot as hell there today, in the 90's, and we were in the sun until the 8th inning. But TOTALLY worth it. The electricity was in the stadium throughout the entire game.

I think now that #500 is out of the way, Arod can now relax and just pick up where he left off....becoming the 2007 AL MVP.

:)

Arod is all smiles as he crosses home plate.

arodiu5.jpg

NICE shot Tabor!