Judge throws out lawsuit against West Side stadium

TaborJet

A Manhattan judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit alleging there were illegalities with the bidding process awarding the West Side rail yards to the New York Jets for construction of a $2 billion stadium.

The decision is a boon to the city's hopes for hosting the 2012 Olympics, since construction of the new facility on the Hudson River is critical to the New York proposal. Members of the International Olympic Committee will select a host city from New York and four other candidates on July 6.

I keep saying this- give me a stadium wherever it is and I will show up. I have also been saying since this process started that the opponents will drag this out forever with obstacles for this ever to be built in Manhattan

I keep saying this- give me a stadium wherever it is and I will show up. I have also been saying since this process started that the opponents will drag this out forever with obstacles for this ever to be built in Manhattan

The Jets have lost sight of the major objective through this entire process.

That's getting a stadium to call their own.

Although the West Side Stadium would be the Taj Mahal of all NFL stadiums in the best location possible, all the red tape (along with the cost) will prevent that (probably) from happening.

Jets should have built in Queens or Jersey.

Agreed.

Jets could build the god damned thing in the middle of the Hudson River for all I care, just make a place for them to call home once and for all.

Sure, valid argument coming from a guy 700 miles away from the stadium who doesn't have to deal with the commute like us ticket holders.

The Jets have lost sight of the major objective through this entire process.

That's getting a stadium to call their own.

Although the West Side Stadium would be the Taj Mahal of all NFL stadiums in the best location possible, all the red tape (along with the cost) will prevent that (probably) from happening.

Jets should have built in Queens or Jersey.

I guess we will see how serious Woody is about getting a stadium of his own if this deal falls through. (My guess right now is it will because of all the red tape involved).

Just for selfish reasons I hope it doesn't get built in Manhattan cause there is no way I would be able to afford the PSL's. (And if you don't think they are coming then you better look a little harder.)