Mets vs Braves

Scott Dierking

This is where a team either stands up and is counted, or they shy from the limelight and wilt away.

I think this where we find out what the true mettle of this Mets team is. They have allowed teh Braves to push them around a little bit this year, do they push bacK?

Having Renteria out of the Braves line-up is a help. The kid Escobar is a nice fill in though.

Thankfully, we don't have to see Glavine vs teh Braves again.

Dog days can be fun.

newyork1.jpg

LET'S GO METS!

shea.jpg

Those pics make Shea look like a real baseball stadium and not an ugly 60's era dual purpose stadium.

Apart from the Twins, A's, Marlins and Nationals the Mets are the only other team that plays in a dual purpose stadium.

The Mets and Nationals will have new Stadiums shortly. I think the Twins have one in works as well.

Those pics make Shea look like a real baseball stadium and not an ugly 60's era dual purpose stadium.

Apart from the Twins, A's, Marlins and Nationals the Mets are the only other team that plays in a dual purpose stadium.

The Mets and Nationals will have new Stadiums shortly. I think the Twins have one in works as well.

Shea is great. Those pictures are accurate.

There is too much hate in the sportsworld. People hate stadiums, teams, players, umps---okay, it's okay to hate the umps--- but really, Shea is okay with me. I've had a lot of great memories of that place with the Mets and Jets. I'll be sorry to see it go.

But what do i know, i love the Orange Bowl, too, and that ol' lady is ready to be condemned. the team will probably be playing in barf-joe robby-barkproplayer-wayne huizenga park -double barf ugh, i need a beer.

Shea is great. Those pictures are accurate.

There is too much hate in the sportsworld. People hate stadiums, teams, players, umps---okay, it's okay to hate the umps--- but really, Shea is okay with me. I've had a lot of great memories of that place with the Mets and Jets. I'll be sorry to see it go.

But what do i know, i love the Orange Bowl, too, and that ol' lady is ready to be condemned. the team will probably be playing in barf-joe robby-barkproplayer-wayne huizenga park -double barf ugh, i need a beer.

I know where you are coming from. I loved the old Foxboro Stadium even though I sat on an aluminum bench and waited 25 minutes to take a leak.

It's all about memories.

I know where you are coming from. I loved the old Foxboro Stadium even though I sat on an aluminum bench and waited 25 minutes to take a leak.

It's all about memories.

At least the seats in Shea have backs. The OB seats dont. And the bathrooms do suck in both places, but there is a pretty long line to take a leak at halftime in the Meadowlands, too.

At least the seats in Shea have backs. The OB seats dont. And the bathrooms do suck in both places, but there is a pretty long line to take a leak at halftime in the Meadowlands, too.

The old Foxboro Stadium only had 4 or 5 bathrooms on either side of the Stadium. They had to put a State Trooper at the exit of the bathroom as people, like me, would try and sneak in that way.

I'm pretty sure the Athletics are also getting a new one.

RIP cookie cutters.

Look at Braves lineup- everyone just about is hitting 300 or close to it. Tough lineup to get through.

With the exception of maybe Andruw Jones, they all have very professional at bats and battle you.

You can see what a great fill-in a Matt Diaz is. Escobar, as a kid looks very tough. Francouer has matured soi much as a hitter over the past year.

If they can get any pitching from 3-4-5, they are very formidable

Alou has quick hands for a 40 year old guy to turn around on 95 MPH fastball.

Wagner almost cost the Mets the biggest loss of the year.

It was amazing how he turned on that ball from where that pitch was located. That was impressive.

Yeah, for all the good Wagner has done recently, he would have unravelled all of it with that blown save.

I honestly thought Jones ball, off the bat, was going up the middle for a 2 run single.

You can really see how they have grown the She grass thick, and it is allowing the infielders to get to a lot of balls.

Edit-Nice fight off of a pitch by Castillo too.

Alou to the rescue,this was a very nerve racking game to watch .Every time Wagner goes out there it seems like a Toss up.But way to get out of that jam Billy.

I don't know if my heart can take any more games like this one LOL

But it was a very fun game to watch, l hope we take the next one without the drama in the 9th.

LET'S GO METS

Archived