Anyone here ever teach overseas?

Mavrik

I'm looking at some programs that would possibly get me abroad in a teaching capacity. Long term goal is to eventually become a Foreign Service Officer with the U.S. State Dept., but I'd like to get some experience abroad and probably attend grad school.

Has anyone on this board ever taught with a program abroad or been involved in any sort of program involved? Right now, I'm considering applying to two english teaching programs in Japan and South Korea. Would like to teach in Europe but teaching jobs are scarce and from teh sound of it you need a TESOL certification, which would cost me about $2,000.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking at some programs that would possibly get me abroad in a teaching capacity. Long term goal is to eventually become a Foreign Service Officer with the U.S. State Dept., but I'd like to get some experience abroad and probably attend grad school.

Has anyone on this board ever taught with a program abroad or been involved in any sort of program involved? Right now, I'm considering applying to two english teaching programs in Japan and South Korea. Would like to teach in Europe but teaching jobs are scarce and from teh sound of it you need a TESOL certification, which would cost me about $2,000.

Well this one time in South Korea I taught this cute little 19 year old asian chick how to.......um, nevermind, don't want garb to think I am bragging, lolsc.

my wife taught here for awhile. it's overseas but hardly japan. Not sure of you're credentials but there has been a need for teachers since Ivan blew thru.

pm me if ya want but with no teaching experience it might be tough for ya. She knows the right people in various schools

My brother-in-law did a gig in Kyrghistan (former ussr republic) teaching business classes in english. -- and he didn't have really any experience beyond a BA in business.

I can look into what he did to get there. I think the pay was low, he just did it for experience.

Its going to be tough without stateside experience. I work with College Professors and even they find it hard to get jobs overseas when they want to take a sabbatical.

My brother-in-law did a gig in Kyrghistan (former ussr republic) teaching business classes in english. -- and he didn't have really any experience beyond a BA in business.

I can look into what he did to get there. I think the pay was low, he just did it for experience.

If it wasn't too much trouble i would greatly appreciate it. I'm basically wanting to do it for the same reason. For experience.

Archived