****The "Official" Jets vs Falcons thread****

vinnys025

Yup, thats right, this is the "OFFICIAL" Jets vs Falcons preseason thread, cause I did it first. And since some people on here start Christmas and New Years threads several days in advance, I see no problem with this. After all its Wednesday and the game is on Friday. Let the "official" discussion begin.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup, thats right, this is the "OFFICIAL" Jets vs Falcons preseason thread, cause I did it first. And since some people on here start Christmas and New Years threads several days in advance, I see no problem with this. After all its Wednesday and the game is on Friday. Let the "official" discussion begin.

It's not official until 12:00 AM Friday morning, and you didn't put 4 **** on each side of the header. ;)

Fixed

It will be interesting to see how certain players play and I will be watching these specific players:

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Kenyon Coleman

David Bowens

Andre Wadsworth

David Harris

Chad Pennington

Kellen Clemens

Brad Smith

Chansi Stuckey

It will be interesting to see how certain players play and I will be watching these specific players:

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Kenyon Coleman

David Bowens

Andre Wadsworth

David Harris

Chad Pennington

Kellen Clemens

Brad Smith

Chansi Stuckey

Im looking forward to seeing how we play as a team and how we do in a game setting.

well do not sneeze because you will not any of the first stringers

I'm hoping its like Pittsburgh / New Orleans where the starting Quarterbacks played one or two series and the rest of the starting offense played about three or four.

well do not sneeze because you will not any of the first stringers

true...maybe the 1st drives (one offensive series and one defensive) will be starters. After that, Ill start focusing on some players that i want to see.

For example, Im looking forward to seeing how Wadsworth does in a game and seeing what David Harris, Chansi Stuckey, W. Wright and Frisman are made of.

There are some important issues for Friday's game:

1. What jersey/ t-shirt/ hat combination will I wear? Should I buy a new shirt and hat like I've done every season in the past??? Or should I stick with my favorites from last year???

2. Is the grill clean? Do we have charcoal? Is the Aim and Flame still working???

3. Is the cooler in ok condition? Can it handle beer and soda and rum for another season?

4. Parking... what the f*ck is going to happen this year...

5. Can I still make the walk from the Arena parking lot over to the stadium???

6. What food should we cook? Sausage and Burgers?? Hot Dogs?? Chicken??

Other than these questions, I dont really care what happens friday as long as we avoid catastrophic injuries...

I'm hoping its like Pittsburgh / New Orleans where the starting Quarterbacks played one or two series and the rest of the starting offense played about three or four.

I'd just rather jones and washington sit the whole preseason out. If they can do it in practice they can do it in the game. It's one of the smartest things Marty Schottenheim did as a coach, never let LT see the ball in preseason. there is no reason, in my mind, to put your starting RB at risk for a stupid preseason game.

The only way i would let jones on the field was in a passing situation to work on his pass blocking.

I'd just rather jones and washington sit the whole preseason out. If they can do it in practice they can do it in the game. It's one of the smartest things Marty Schottenheim did as a coach, never let LT see the ball in preseason. there is no reason, in my mind, to put your starting RB at risk for a stupid preseason game.

The only way i would let jones on the field was in a passing situation to work on his pass blocking.

LT played about a series a game with San Diego, no matter how long the other starters were in, which I liked as well. Maybe Mangini will do the same with Jones, we'll see.

LT played about a series a game with San Diego, no matter how long the other starters were in, which I liked as well. Maybe Mangini will do the same with Jones, we'll see.

Not it memory serves as correct, I'm pretty sure he sat the entire thing out. Either way, i still hope they don't risk Jones at all.

Not it memory serves as correct, I'm pretty sure he sat the entire thing out. Either way, i still hope they don't risk Jones at all.

No way. Tomlinson played in games, he just didn't touch it that much. I remember the other year:

4 Preseason Games

5 Touches

You don't see that too often.

I am so ready to watch Adrien Clarke, David Harris, Chansi Stuckey, Kellen Clemens, Brad Smith, Frisman Jackson, Kenyon Coleman, Sione Pouha, Andre Wadsworth, David Bowens and Drew Coleman. Lets go!

I think Clarke is a servicable run blocker but his pass protection is a little iffy to say the least. Im also looking forward to seeing how KC, Smith, Frisman and Pouha do in a game situation...

what has been the general consensus on kenyon coleman? will he beat out kimo for starting RE by opening day?

Honestly, i don't want to see Chad play. I know how Chad plays, i want to see KC in there. There have been tons of mixed reviews on him in camp, we have wright, and stuckey to watch. Its going to be more interesting watching these guys than the starters...IMO. I hope they pull the starters before the whistle even blows

(other than leon, get leon the damn ball).

Honestly, i don't want to see Chad play. I know how Chad plays, i want to see KC in there. There have been tons of mixed reviews on him in camp, we have wright, and stuckey to watch. Its going to be more interesting watching these guys than the starters...IMO. I hope they pull the starters before the whistle even blows

(other than leon, get leon the damn ball).

I suspect you will se KC 2nd and 3rd 1/4's

I suspect you will se KC 2nd and 3rd 1/4's

I'm not alone on this am i? i would really expect people to be wanting to see this kid toss it around, i have heard some really good things of late. Should be awsome.

i hope he gets a chance to go against D. Hall for a bit. probably won't happen though.

I wanna watch, but its hard, if we dont have special cable to watch every game of this season, forgeret to see the game!!! I will watch somes, not all, but somes!!!

I hope to see on ESPN the Jets against someone...just to watch the Jets on the field!!!

I wanna watch, but its hard, if we dont have special cable to watch every game of this season!!! I will watch somes, not all, but somes!!!

I hope to see on ESPN the Jets against someone...just to watch the Jets on the field!!!

If your a "real" Jets fan then you will watch ALL of the games. Find a way and make it happen.

I wanna watch, but its hard, if we dont have special cable to watch every game of this season, forgeret to see the game!!! I will watch somes, not all, but somes!!!

www.sopcast.com

See if somebody is streaming the game. usually during the regular season you can watch the game on your computer.

Perrone, not to be mean...But how are you a Jets fan? I had thought orignally that youve seen them play and liked them...But now youve just discredited that theory.

Archived