Xbox360 now only 349.99 after price drop.

vinnys025

I watched the video comparison from the xbox360 and the ps3 with madden08 and I do notice a difference. Anyone with eyes could notice. However, like I said in an earlier post, the controller is becoming an issue. How could I play madden on the playstation for 5 years and now try to learn the xbox controller?..... I don't know if I could reach the playing level on the xbox as I did with the ps. And if this season has that BS vision cone, it will be impossible.

I watched the video comparison from the xbox360 and the ps3 with madden08 and I do notice a difference. Anyone with eyes could notice. However, like I said in an earlier post, the controller is becoming an issue. How could I play madden on the playstation for 5 years and now try to learn the xbox controller?..... I don't know if I could reach the playing level on the xbox as I did with the ps. And if this season has that BS vision cone, it will be impossible.

The xbox 360 controller is very smiler to the ps2 one...the only difference is the left thumb pad and the d pad being switched. i don't feel a major difference at all.

Ecurb, give the entire breakdown. Dont post slanted and biased facts, give the whole representation, storage size, ect..

Notice how you only pointed out storage size... lol its the only advantage the "elite" has...

Sony has a hard drive STANDARD in their systems so that Developers can use the hard drive for their games as a standard feature... this cannot be done with the 360 because not everyone has a HD... so the 120gb HD in the elite is just overkill... there is no need for that much space... it was a knee jerk reaction... because their initial stance was "we dont need a HD standard and 20gb will be plenty as a premium"

360 "elite" ($479.99)

120gb HD

HDMI

Standard DVD drive

Wireless Rumble Controller (not rechargeable)

PS3 60gb ($499.99)

Memory card slots

Bluetooth Sixaxis Motion Sensing Wireless controller (rechargeable)

Wireless internet built in

Blu-ray drive

HDMI

Optical Audio

Not to mention the 60gb will soon be replaced by an 80gb hard drive for the same price...

Also you could buy the 20gb PS3 (gamestop still has them) for $449.99 and if you need a bigger hard drive just buy a 2.5" standard laptop drive... (about $70 bucks for 120gb right now)

I've owned both systems. The only difference is the placement of the dpad/left analog stick. They both have 4 similar placed buttons, 2 analog sticks, a dpad and 2 bumper triggers.

The 360 controller is larger and the left analog stick is in a completely different spot... it also fits differently in your hand... they are not the same...

playstationcontroller.jpg

164921.jpg

I owned the X Box for three weeks and returned it. It burned rings into my games, then no one would take the games back. It was the worst experience ever and I will never buy one again. It would also overheat and just shut down in the middle of a game for no reason. You couldn't give one to me.

I owned the X Box for three weeks and returned it. It burned rings into my games, then no one would take the games back. It was the worst experience ever and I will never buy one again. It would also overheat and just shut down in the middle of a game for no reason. You couldn't give one to me.

Join the 33% of owners that had the same problems... lol

PS3 is at a less than 1% failure rate... great product

Join the 33% of owners that had the same problems... lol

PS3 is at a less than 1% failure rate... great product

I may get a PS3 in the future. Maybe after christmas or even for my kids for christmas. I'm still very happy with Wii though so if Madden is good for it I will not switch and would rather spend that money on good games and controllers and such.

I may get a PS3 in the future. Maybe after christmas or even for my kids for christmas. I'm still very happy with Wii though so if Madden is good for it I will not switch and would rather spend that money on good games and controllers and such.

Yeah you can wait for now.. they have a really neat game coming out called "little big planet" that will be a great all ages creative game... I think thats coming this holiday season.. might want to check that out.

Notice how you only pointed out storage size... lol its the only advantage the "elite" has...

Sony has a hard drive STANDARD in their systems so that Developers can use the hard drive for their games as a standard feature... this cannot be done with the 360 because not everyone has a HD... so the 120gb HD in the elite is just overkill... there is no need for that much space... it was a knee jerk reaction... because their initial stance was "we dont need a HD standard and 20gb will be plenty as a premium"

360 "elite" ($479.99)

120gb HD

HDMI

Standard DVD drive

Wireless Rumble Controller (not rechargeable)

PS3 60gb ($499.99)

Memory card slots

Bluetooth Sixaxis Motion Sensing Wireless controller (rechargeable)

Wireless internet built in

Blu-ray drive

HDMI

Optical Audio

Not to mention the 60gb will soon be replaced by an 80gb hard drive for the same price...

Also you could buy the 20gb PS3 (gamestop still has them) for $449.99 and if you need a bigger hard drive just buy a 2.5" standard laptop drive... (about $70 bucks for 120gb right now)

You mean the ps3 is 499, not 449.

Just called gamestop and they said they have two ps3's for 449, but they are refurbished!! I thought you said there werent many problems, but I call some random gamestop and they happen to have 2 prior broken down ps3's. Hmmmmmm. They sell new ones for 499. If I want one the military base exchange has ps3's for 499, with no tax, so essentially its 449 with tax for a new one. As madden approaches, I might consider it. Let me see some reviews first.

I had this problem switching from the PS2 to the Xbox. It was a a pain in the ass but well worth it in the end.

My first 360 got the three red lights within a week of buying it. I returned it and now the new one scratched my GOW disc, is really loud, and gets really hot. The ps3 has way better quality. All multi-play games are going ps3 for me for now on. :)

Also, ecurb, Microsoft has admitted that ALL consoles sold (except the brand new ones) have a design flaw which could cause them to break, so more and more will break from normal wear and tear, 33% anyways is ridiculous. If Microsoft wanted to undercut Sony they should've given a 100$ price cut making the core 200$ which would force the Wii to take a price drop. But, hey, they can do as they want, I won't stop 'em.

What do you think is the smart move...

20gb PS3 for 449.99 0r 60gb for 499.99

or

Elite for 449.99

???

I would go 60 gig ps3 or elite, I would never get a core 360 or 20 gig PS3.

I would go 360 over PS3 right now, Sony is looking alot better than they were a few mos ago, some good games coming.

60gb ps3 easily, the wireless internet speed is surprisingly fast and works just as well as my computer, albeit it takes a little getting used to and the text is tiny. Ecurb, if you know how to, tell me how to get the text bigger. Also, I see Max changed the board a little,it looks nicer and cleaner.

P.S. Posted from ps3 :)

60gb ps3 easily, the wireless internet speed is surprisingly fast and works just as well as my computer, albeit it takes a little getting used to and the text is tiny. Ecurb, if you know how to, tell me how to get the text bigger. Also, I see Max changed the board a little,it looks nicer and cleaner.

If your talking about the browser...

Just make the Character +2

(also to be noted that you could not post like he did from the 360... it has no browser... :) )

You're back! wavey-1.gif

I've been practicing on Rainbow Six Vegas, maybe we could setup a match soon.

Archived