Big Papi save the Sawx assssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFSIKH

First of all, thank you JonEJinx for saving the day and assisting my man Foulkie this year. With your awful predictions, he is destined to turn it around sooner than later.

But take it from somebody who watched the game instead of the rest of these rubes...Keith was hurt by a bleeder up the middle that could have been fielded by a MLB level 2nd baseman as opposed to Bellhorn, then a hit-and-run that wound up as a SB...then a Mora sacrifice, an intentional walk to Tejada, then a Rafael Palmiero DP ball that Bellhorn took forever to develop.

Its hardly like Keith was lit up, like say, Carl Pavano against the Red Sox. He got the win, after all.

First of all, thank you JonEJinx for saving the day and assisting my man Foulkie this year. With your awful predictions, he is destined to turn it around sooner than later.

But take it from somebody who watched the game instead of the rest of these rubes...Keith was hurt by a bleeder up the middle that could have been fielded by a MLB level 2nd baseman as opposed to Bellhorn, then a hit-and-run that wound up as a SB...then a Mora sacrifice, an intentional walk to Tejada, then a Rafael Palmiero DP ball that Bellhorn took forever to develop.

Its hardly like Keith was lit up, like say, Carl Pavano against the Red Sox. He got the win, after all.

Foulke has been awful this year...no excuses.

Bellhorn was a integral part and nice suprise for last years team. Is his true position 3rd Base?

oh, he was a nice surprise alright...it was a surprise that he wasnt designated for assignment after setting the single season strikeout record.

Foulke will be fine. I'm not making excuses for him this year...Im just using the Yankee fan mantra where we rely on lengthy track records to diminish any 2005 abhorrent performances. Its like saying: "There's no way this awful-ness can continue much longer right?"

:lol:

That right there is a Bo/Sox classic. The reason he got the win is because he blew the save, not because he pitched well!

That right there is a Bo/Sox classic. The reason he got the win is because he blew the save, not because he pitched well!

IN all fairness to Foulke, the score was tied.

Troll: the game was tied when he came in so he didn't blow the save.

JBF: I am one of the biggest Foulke fans going. He was, IMO, the MVP for the Red Sox last October, he was untouchable. But this year he looks lost. I was at the game against the A's right behind homeplate and his pitches were flat. This is the game when Varitek bailed him out after he gave up 3 runs in the 9th. I saw him pull the shirt over his face and look dejected. Yesterday in the lockeroom he talked about how the team won, that's important, it was a good day. He didn't look happy. He knows he is in trouble. I have been saying he'll turn it around, and maybe he will. But his mechanics are way off and his mental state looks bad.

Im just using the Yankee fan mantra where we rely on lengthy track records to diminish any 2005 abhorrent performances. Its like saying: "There's no way this awful-ness can continue much longer right?"

Yankees fans are confident because history tells them to be.

Whammy =D>

foulke's arm is shot. at some point this year he will shut it down. just speculation, but that is my opinion.

by the way 'big papi' is one of the gayest nicknames i have ever heard. whenever i hear a sox fan say that i cringe - 'come on big papi' just sounds so, so gay.

Too bad the others beat me to you today, Troll. It's not a blown save if the score is tied, fool. Granted, the Cubs usually get blown out so they are rarely in a position to blow a save...but you get the idea. Foulkie was simply on the hook for the loss. Did he deserve the win? No. But thats life.

And David Ortiz absolutely, without a doubt, is the best free agent signing of all time in the city of Boston. Shouldnt even need to verbalize that. Next topic.

The argument could be made that David Ortiz is the best free agent signing in the History of Boston Sports. No kidding.

I think you are right.

Red had some sweet steals in trades, but collectively none of te teams' signing can touch Ortiz.

The funny thing is, the Twins who are probably the best managed team from top to bottom let him walk for a million dollars.

Archived