Red Sox/Yankees.. a look at the schedules

CrazyCarl40

Here's a look at the remaining schedules

Boston: 69-45 .605 - 48 games remaining (25 home, 23 away - no more west coast trips):

10 vs. BAL

12 vs. TB

4 vs. LAA

4 vs. CHI

6 vs. NYY

6 vs. TOR

2 vs. OAK

4 vs. MIN

To win 95 games need to go: 26-22 .542

New York: 63-51 .553 - 48 games remaining (23 home, 25 away including a WC trip):

3 vs. CLE

9 vs. BAL

8 vs. DET

3 vs. LAA

6 vs. BOS

6 vs. TB

3 vs. SEA

3 vs. KC

7 vs. TOR

To win 95 games need to go: 32-16 .667

To me, how the Yankees fair against Detroit will go a long way to deciding the WC and the AL East. Yankees should be hoping for at least 4 wins against the Sox in those 6 games, if not more. But you'll probably see more of a 3-3 split. Just looking at everything on the whole, Yanks had better be beating Detroit/Cleveland/Seattle out in the WC if they want to get into the playoffs.

Nice research CC40..

The Yankees v.s. Detroit games, as you stated are clearly most important if we can take at least 5 maybe 6 of them it can be the difference between us being the wild card or Jeter and company sitting on the couch come october with a bowl of chips.

The Red Sox games are also fairly important, if the Yankees can maintain the pace that they have been on taking back the division won't be too far-fetched (if it is as of now) if we can get at least half the games v.s. the Sox we are in good shape.

Good job, CC.

The schedule certainly favors the Sox, but the way they've been playing lately, I'm not holding my breath. They need to turn up the heat and do it now.

Wait..When the Sox have an "easy" schedule it "favors the Sox". But when the Yanks had the same schedule it was "cupcake" and "meaningless" :character42:

We're gonna see.

Sox have the easier schedule, Yanks have been the best team since the All-Star break. Tigers are 11-16 since the Break and have been banged up.

Rest of the month for the Tigers is pretty brutal as well

4 vs Oakland

2 at Cleveland

4 at Yankees

3 vs Indians

4 vs Yankees

So we will learn alot about the Tigers as well this month probably as well.

Alot of good baseball coming up the next couple of weeks.

C'mon Shawn

Aren't you supposed to play the best baseball of your season in April and May??

Where did shawn mention April or May?

The collapsing Red Sox have the best record in baseball as well as the biggest division lead in baseball.

The Yankees have been smoking since the All-Star break. I don't see any Sox fans claiming the opposite.

Wait..When the Sox have an "easy" schedule it "favors the Sox". But when the Yanks had the same schedule it was "cupcake" and "meaningless" :character42:

Please GreenMachine, that is just how the world works in Red Sox Nation.

Where did shawn mention April or May?

The collapsing Red Sox have the best record in baseball as well as the biggest division lead in baseball.

The Yankees have been smoking since the All-Star break. I don't see any Sox fans claiming the opposite.

I can name one

Is it me, or does it seem like the Sox have/will play the Devil Rays about 45 times this year? :)

Thats cause the Sox didnt play them until right before the all star break for the first time, game 82 I believe, so 19 games against the D-Rays in 81 games.

Hughes and Joba are scary good, period.Torre has to be an idiot not to have ahd these guys hee all season. CRIMINAL!Instead we had CRAP pitching.i don't understand it.

Yanks if they stay close can take the AL East . After their 3-game series at the Stadium, the schedule at the end favors the Yankees. Their end- Os at hoem for 3, Jays at home for 4, then 3 iN Tampa, whcih is pracitcally a home series,a nd 3 in Baltimore. That's downhill.

Sawx have 3 in Tampa, at Jays for 3, at Rays for 3, and then As for 2 and and Twins for 4 at Fenway. As and Twind are not the Os and Rays.

An update.

Boston: 70-47 .598 - 45 games remaining (25 home, 20 away - no more west coast trips):

7 vs. BAL

12 vs. TB

4 vs. LAA

4 vs. CHI

6 vs. NYY

6 vs. TOR

2 vs. OAK

4 vs. MIN

To win 95 games need to go: 25-20 .556

New York: 66-51 .564 - 45 games remaining (23 home, 22 away including a WC trip):

9 vs. BAL

8 vs. DET

3 vs. LAA

6 vs. BOS

6 vs. TB

3 vs. SEA

3 vs. KC

7 vs. TOR

To win 95 games need to go: 29-16 .644

Gonna be a fun race.

An update.

Boston: 70-47 .598 - 45 games remaining (25 home, 20 away - no more west coast trips):

7 vs. BAL

12 vs. TB

4 vs. LAA

4 vs. CHI

6 vs. NYY

6 vs. TOR

2 vs. OAK

4 vs. MIN

To win 95 games need to go: 25-20 .556

New York: 66-51 .564 - 45 games remaining (23 home, 22 away including a WC trip):

9 vs. BAL

8 vs. DET

3 vs. LAA

6 vs. BOS

6 vs. TB

3 vs. SEA

3 vs. KC

7 vs. TOR

To win 95 games need to go: 29-16 .644

Gonna be a fun race.

Fun? How much fun are the remaining head to head games going to be? I hate that those games start at midnight/1am out here.

Amazing how quickly the yanks have surged to 15 games over .500

I was thinking the same thing. Granted they've beaten some bad teams but they've also taken 2 of 3 from one division leader, and swept another.

An update.

Boston: 74-50 .597 - 38 games remaining (18 home, 20 away - no more west coast trips):

7 vs. BAL

9 vs. TB

4 vs. CHI

6 vs. NYY

6 vs. TOR

2 vs. OAK

4 vs. MIN

To win 95 games need to go: 21-17 .553

New York: 70-54 .564 - 38 games remaining (16 home, 22 away including a WC trip):

6 vs. BAL

4 vs. DET

3 vs. LAA

6 vs. BOS

6 vs. TB

3 vs. SEA

3 vs. KC

7 vs. TOR

To win 95 games need to go: 25-13 .657

Updated 8/20.. this week will be very telling as the Sox have the D-Rays and White Sox on the road while the Yankees will be going to Anaheim and Detroit.

An update.

Boston: 74-50 .597 - 38 games remaining (18 home, 20 away - no more west coast trips):

7 vs. BAL

9 vs. TB

4 vs. CHI

6 vs. NYY

6 vs. TOR

2 vs. OAK

4 vs. MIN

To win 95 games need to go: 21-17 .553

New York: 70-54 .564 - 38 games remaining (16 home, 22 away including a WC trip):

6 vs. BAL

4 vs. DET

3 vs. LAA

6 vs. BOS

6 vs. TB

3 vs. SEA

3 vs. KC

7 vs. TOR

To win 95 games need to go: 25-13 .657

Updated 8/20.. this week will be very telling as the Sox have the D-Rays and White Sox on the road while the Yankees will be going to Anaheim and Detroit.

Agreed

Although tonight will be interesting with Kazmir pitching for the D-Rays tonight.

The White Sox have pretty much mailed it in now.

The Yanks just have to keep doing what they are doing. Winning series. The Angels seem to always give them fits and we will see about the Tigers. the Yanks are 7-3 so far through this "tough stretch" and if they get are able to go 2-1 against the Angels then the Tigers series becomes huge. The Tigers are very close to getting Rogers and Zumaya back and if they are ready to go then that will make things even more interesting this weekend.

Of course then you have the Sox coming to the Bronx next week. Can't wait to see if Jaba gets a chance to go against Ortiz and Manny.

Agreed

Although tonight will be interesting with Kazmir pitching for the D-Rays tonight.

The White Sox have pretty much mailed it in now.

The Yanks just have to keep doing what they are doing. Winning series. The Angels seem to always give them fits and we will see about the Tigers. the Yanks are 7-3 so far through this "tough stretch" and if they get are able to go 2-1 against the Angels then the Tigers series becomes huge. The Tigers are very close to getting Rogers and Zumaya back and if they are ready to go then that will make things even more interesting this weekend.

Of course then you have the Sox coming to the Bronx next week. Can't wait to see if Jaba gets a chance to go against Ortiz and Manny.

Something has to give

Kazmir gives the Sox fits (5 of his 22 wins over the last 3 years are against the Sox) Plus, he has a 1.50 ERA this year.

Wake is 18-2 now versus Tampa.

The bottomline is the Sox have to stop giving games away (i.e. GAG-ne).

Something has to give

Kazmir gives the Sox fits (5 of his 22 wins over the last 3 years are against the Sox) Plus, he has a 1.50 ERA this year.

If after these 2 series the Yankees are still within 4, or even within 3, you guys have a big problem.

Funny that the Sox managements goal to make the strong suit of its team - the bullpen - ridiculously strong, has bit them in the arse so hard its actually comical. Boy - they really could use a bat, eh? And, speaking of bats - I think someone ought to show JD Drew how to use one. :P

Funny that the Sox managements goal to make the strong suit of its team - the bullpen - ridiculously strong, has bit them in the arse so hard its actually comical. Boy - they really could use a bat, eh? And, speaking of bats - I think someone ought to show JD Drew how to use one. :P

As soon as joebaby gives me your address, I'm mailing you a Yankee hat.

Something has to give

Kazmir was just pulled.

5.2 IP, 7 Hits, 6 ER on 108 pitches. He had an off night as he is a very good pitcher.

Its time to use your mod powers to ban Garb from the baseball forum. Her hatred of Red Sox ownership has clouded her mind.

You have no idea of how the accusations would fly.

I might even be threatened with bodily injury if I did that.

Archived