Yankee summer of agony continues...

Jet/BosoxFan

Dont think that Bob being the first to post about the latest Yankee tankjob in a season sure to be full of Yankee tankjobs is gonna lessen the blow of Yankee Hater Nation.

THE NEW YORK YANKEES WERE JUST SWEPT BY THE KC ROYALS!!! They of the less than $40 million payroll. A-hole and Captain Overrated combine to make more than that! Where is the chest-pounding now you punk@ss blowhards?

C'mon, lets hear it, this season is not a sprint, but a marathon? Indeed...and the Yankees are headed for Heartbreak Hill!

I beg to differ, Max. In NYC, summer has already been declared "over" and they're already looking to football season.

Oh the Yankee season is over is it? I will remember that one.

and this is a perfect situation for know nothings like JBF...as of right now the Yankees are terrible and there is no need to do any homework or know you stuff to be able to say it.

Know nothing fans can just look up and say "the Yankees suck because they lost to KC" Not like in the past where it was debatable and you could laugh at thoughtless comments like "80% of MLB GMS would take Brandon Lyon over Mariano Rivera"

OBTW...Lyon has about 14 saves since that comment was made and Mariano a mere 50-60....I guess 80% of GMs would have been out of the job

There isn't much you can say right now.

Wait.

Yes there is alot I have to say about this latest debacle.

In all my years watching baseball I have never seen a team with a psyche as frail as this group. The first time something goes wrong they pack start making bonehead plays. (Thank You Bernie Williams) and stop hitting, stop pitching and look like a bunch of double a players.

I won't take anything away from the Royals. They outpitched, outhit and played pretty sound fundamental baseball. They have some very live arms on that staff that with a little time could really develop.

For the Yanks though it seems like it is all or nothing. Very inconsistant and the time is starting to tick on this group.

It goes to show you that all the money in world doesn't gurantee anything.

Teams like Texas, The White Sox, Florida, Arizona and now Orioles are doing it with blowing up the payroll. While teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets are all struggling.

Yet another reason why the Baseball is still a great game.

The worst part is it is mandatory that the Yanks win it all this year due to the Randy Johnson trade.

Halsey sure looks good and Vasquez after having the DBack pitching coach correct a flaw in his mechanics, is a ACE again and has gone six consecutive starts facing 183 batters without allowing a walk, both club records.

Factor in Randy's age and contract and this is another example of no patience shown by the Yanks.

Randy was brought in for October baseball as the answer to Schilling at the expense of two good young pitchers. Yanks better be playing in October.

Come July, Wang and Caino(who has seen his stock drop with each passing game) may also be gone for the quick fix.

The DBacks did take on some payroll in GlAus, Russ Ortiz and Shawn Green.

The Mets are surviving injuries to Traschel and Benson and IMO are a solid bullpen away from being a factor in the NL.

The Yanks were not as great as some might have thought when then went on that winning streak and they are not as bad as the last couple of games against the Royals

Disturbing thing seems to be the lack of intensity in some of the players- I still feel they have too many older players in the lineup that have seen there most productive days past.

The Yanks were not as great as some might have thought when then went on that winning streak and they are not as bad as the last couple of games against the Royals

I agree, faba, they are right in the middle of those 2 extremes.

So where does that leave the Yankees?

On the outside looking in come October!

Wait.

In all my years watching baseball I have never seen a team with a psyche as frail as this group. The first time something goes wrong they pack start making bonehead plays. (Thank You Bernie Williams) and stop hitting, stop pitching and look like a bunch of double a players.

I won't take anything away from the Royals. They outpitched, outhit and played pretty sound fundamental baseball. They have some very live arms on that staff that with a little time could really develop.

For the Yanks though it seems like it is all or nothing. Very inconsistant and the time is starting to tick on this group.

Teams like Texas, The White Sox, Florida, Arizona and now Orioles are doing it with blowing up the payroll. While teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets are all struggling.

great post. i have been thinking the same thing for awhile. guys like o'neil, martinez (1st stop), clemens, jirardi, leyritz, and pettite brought a mental toughness to the team that is no longer there. we need more blue collar types who just want to play hard and win at all costs.

remember leyritz against wohlers in the series. this team would just lay down and quit in that same situation. i really hope that i we are both wrong about this.

great post. i have been thinking the same thing for awhile. guys like o'neil, martinez (1st stop), clemens, jirardi, leyritz, and pettite brought a mental toughness to the team that is no longer there. we need more blue collar types who just want to play hard and win at all costs.

remember leyritz against wohlers in the series. this team would just lay down and quit in that same situation. i really hope that i we are both wrong about this.

You don't even need to go back that far. Just last year they were one of the leaders in come from behind wins.

Now they just basically go to sleep.

Wait.

.... Hey buddy, Leave my Mets out of that little category. Don't put us in that debacle the Yankees got going on over there. Yeah we finally spent some money this year, but we are always expected to fail. There is no other team here in NY but your Yankees. So whatever we accomplish pales in comparison anyway. No one ever expects us to do anything. We aren't struggling right now either. I seem to have witness us do pretty well hitting wise last night and pitching wise the last 2 nights. Leave us out of that mess.

.... Hey buddy, Leave my Mets out of that little category. Don't put us in that debacle the Yankees got going on over there. Yeah we finally spent some money this year, but we are always expected to fail. There is no other team here in NY but your Yankees. So whatever we accomplish pales in comparison anyway. No one ever expects us to do anything. We aren't struggling right now either. I seem to have witness us do pretty well hitting wise last night and pitching wise the last 2 nights. Leave us out of that mess.

When you are the third highest payroll in MLB like the Mets you should be expecting to be more than a five hundred club. Obviously alot of Mets fans don't think very much of their team. :D

With the third highest payroll in the league you should at least expect to make the playoffs wouldn't you think ?

And I don't want to hear about the Yankees being the only team in town. When the Mets were doing well under Valentine people were coming out to Shea as well.

As a matter of fact the Mets owned this town during the days of Darryl and Doc and the Yankees were playing the poor sisters.

When you are the third highest payroll in MLB like the Mets you should be expecting to be more than a five hundred club. Obviously alot of Mets fans don't think very much of their team. :D

With the third highest payroll in the league you should at least expect to make the playoffs wouldn't you think ?

And I don't want to hear about the Yankees being the only team in town. When the Mets were doing well under Valentine people were coming out to Shea as well.

As a matter of fact the Mets owned this town during the days of Darryl and Doc and the Yankees were playing the poor sisters.

That would depend on how many millions seperate the first and third highest payrolls.

First of all, the Mets are 3 games above .500 and 1 game out in the toughest division in baseball.

Second of all, the Mets aren't even close to the same league as the Yankees in terms of payroll.

And finally, your team got swept by the KANSAS CITY ROYALS. You are lucky you are allowed to speak at all!

First of all, the Mets are 3 games above .500 and 1 game out in the toughest division in baseball.

Second of all, the Mets aren't even close to the same league as the Yankees in terms of payroll.

And finally, your team got swept by the KANSAS CITY ROYALS. You are lucky you are allowed to speak at all!

You still have not addressed the point.

You all make a big stink about the Yankees payroll and yes they are a joke right now but when you have the highest payroll in your league and you yourself said you thought they would finish third isn't that being a little hypocritcal ?

Then again this is the Mets we are talking about. Their fans have a what did you call it "birthright" to bitch about the payroll or the Yankees"

Please tell me why the Mets fans, whose team has with third highest payroll in baseball and the highest in the National League did not think their team could not even make the playoffs ? I mean afterall isn't that what baseball is all about. Money. The team that spends the most money should win. Well then in that case you could say the second biggest dissapoinment this year behind the Yankees are the Mets.

Just thought I would bring that to your attention. Please address.

That would depend on how many millions seperate the first and third highest payrolls.

Why should that matter. They don't even play in the same league.

I'm the first to admit the Yankees payroll is obscene and they are poorly built.

The fact is though the Mets have the highest payroll in the National League and their fans when the season began were MAYBE hoping for a wild card ? :shock:

Heck if payroll was everything as so many people like to point out then the Mets should not only be leading the NL East they should have the best record in the NL.

Money is everything. Remember ?

shawn, one reason Mets fans didn't have high hopes is because we haven't had a reason to have high hopes lately. It took some hard-nosed baseball to change our opinions.

And the other reason we were just hoping for the wild card was because the NL East happens to be the toughest division in the game.

By the way, when did this thread become about the Mets? It was the YANKEES who just lost 7 out of 8, including a sweep at the hands of the worst team in baseball. :shock:

shawn, one reason Mets fans didn't have high hopes is because we haven't had a reason to have high hopes lately. It took some hard-nosed baseball to change our opinions.

And the other reason we were just hoping for the wild card was because the NL East happens to be the toughest division in the game.

By the way, when did this thread become about the Mets? It was the YANKEES who just lost 7 out of 8, including a sweep at the hands of the worst team in baseball. :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just wanted to turn the tables a little and make a point about the Mets since every Yankees thread ends up being a payroll debate.

It is wierd though that Mets fans had such little expectations. With the highest payroll in the NL you would think they would have just a little success against a team like Atlanta.

Here are the Mets and their rivals payrolls.

1) Mets 104,770,139 million

2) Atlanta 85,148,582 million

3) Florida 60,375,961 million

4) Philadelphia 95,337,908 million

5) Washington 48,581,500 million

So what we have here is the Atlanta Braves nearly 20 million less than the Mets, Florida 44 million behind, Philly around 9 mill behind and the Nationals about more than half of the Mets payroll.

Sounds to me like the Mets should be about 10 in front.

Then again we don't take into effect the make and chemistry of the teams and bad decisions made by management. It is only about money and who has the highest payroll right ? :P

Steinbrenner and Hitler...now there is a match!

I don't know if you saw his interview with Michael Kay but the guy does not look well at all. (Steinbrenner) that is.

Just basically answering Kay's softball questions with his own questions or one word answers.

I just saw him on TV the other day and I agree...he looks like hell, even by his standards. I have 2 questions:

1. When the old man finally kicks off, how come members of his family arent going to take up the ownership...or so I hear? Are they currently involved in any capacity?

2. Whom is the ideal choice of the prototypical Yankee apologists (Max, smizz, shawn) to take the helm once george takes a dirtnap? Ignorant, Yankee-loving yahoos (JonE, EB, etc...) please do not respond.

I just saw him on TV the other day and I agree...he looks like hell, even by his standards. I have 2 questions:

1. When the old man finally kicks off, how come members of his family arent going to take up the ownership...or so I hear? Are they currently involved in any capacity?

2. Whom is the ideal choice of the prototypical Yankee apologists (Max, smizz, shawn) to take the helm once george takes a dirtnap? Ignorant, Yankee-loving yahoos (JonE, EB, etc...) please do not respond.

1)The last family member that I heard was involved was a son Hank who basically served as George mouthpiece when he was suspended for the whole Winfield fiasco.

2) Honestly don't know. The Yankees are George's life. My guess is that the family would sell to the highest bidder and they along with the next 5 generations of Steinbrenner's could probably live off of it.

If it were up to me I would like a guy who let his "baseball people" do the work and the new owner would just work on the buisness side of things.

Then again that is what Steinbrenner said when he bought the Yankees in 1973. That last about 3 months.

:lol::lol::lol:

Just wanted to turn the tables a little and make a point about the Mets since every Yankees thread ends up being a payroll debate.

It is wierd though that Mets fans had such little expectations. With the highest payroll in the NL you would think they would have just a little success against a team like Atlanta.

Here are the Mets and their rivals payrolls.

1) Mets 104,770,139 million

2) Atlanta 85,148,582 million

3) Florida 60,375,961 million

4) Philadelphia 95,337,908 million

5) Washington 48,581,500 million

So what we have here is the Atlanta Braves nearly 20 million less than the Mets, Florida 44 million behind, Philly around 9 mill behind and the Nationals about more than half of the Mets payroll.

Sounds to me like the Mets should be about 10 in front.

Then again we don't take into effect the make and chemistry of the teams and bad decisions made by management. It is only about money and who has the highest payroll right ? :P

Mets do expect to contend.

20 mill is a far cry from being 80-100 mill above the rest of the league and you know it.

Again, if your payroll is approx double your closest competitor like it is for the Yanks it guarantees you post season play which is why the Yanks are getting killed in the media for their performance.

Mets do expect to contend.

20 mill is a far cry from being 80-100 mill above the rest of the league and you know it.

Again, if your payroll is approx double your closest competitor like it is for the Yanks it guarantees you post season play which is why the Yanks are getting killed in the media for their performance.

No kidding.

The Yanks deserve all the abuse the get right now. They are playing horribly and basically look lost.

The Mets fans like to act like they are some star crossed franchise.

Once again the Mets have the highest payroll in NL and their fans act like they are some great underdog.

Sorry not buying it.

The Mets with their payroll should be at LEAST 5 games in front of everyone in the NL East. Heck they should be the favorites to get to the World Series since they have the highest payroll in NL. Shouldn't they ?

No kidding.

The Yanks deserve all the abuse the get right now. They are playing horribly and basically look lost.

The Mets fans like to act like they are some star crossed franchise.

Once again the Mets have the highest payroll in NL and their fans act like they are some great underdog.

Sorry not buying it.

The Mets with their payroll should be at LEAST 5 games in front of everyone in the NL East. Heck they should be the favorites to get to the World Series since they have the highest payroll in NL. Shouldn't they ?

LOL....You know better than that Shawn.

20 mill is what...one Yankee superstar salary?

Should we compete for division barring major injury?....absolutely.

I tell you what though, give us another 100 mill in All-Star salaries and we will expect to go to WS.

Archived