San Diego

Gainzo

I have been working from home the last few weeks after making a token appearance in the office each morning.

I have realized that daytime TV is horrible but have been drawn to Jim Rome is Burning. I don't know why but I can't think of anyone with an ego as big as his.

Back to football. Antonio Gates was on the show today and Rome asked him about the expectations he and the Chargers have for the upcoming season.

Here is Antonio's response:

"We are unique. We aren't thinking about the regular season or playoffs. We are all about the Super Bowl."

Shouldn't the Chargers actually play the regular season and win a playoff game before talking about the Super Bowl?

IMO: They are the biggest loudmouths in the league.

I have been working from home the last few weeks after making a token appearance in the office each morning.

I have realized that daytime TV is horrible but have been drawn to Jim Rome is Burning. I don't know why but I can't think of anyone with an ego as big as his.

Back to football. Antonio Gates was on the show today and Rome asked him about the expectations he and the Chargers have for the upcoming season.

"We are unique. We aren't thinking about the regular season or playoffs. We are all about the Super Bowl."

Shouldn't the Chargers actually play the regular season and win a playoff game before talking about the Super Bowl?

Sorry, Gainzo, but that just sounds like Patriot bias.

Who is a loud-mouth? Merriman? Gates? Honestly, I am not sure if I have ever heard Gates speak before. So, he's talking Super Bowl? I'm sure they don't think they are getting there on a free ride. That's less annoying to me than the Patriots "win one game in a row. 19 times" bull**** mantra.

The biggest loudmouth team in the league is the Giants, and no other team is remotely close.

at least he said it. I don't think they are going to win it, infact i would easily make bets against them at this point, and it is an ignorant statement, but most of these guys are ignorant as hell.

I'll tell you this, i'm a huge Charger fan in week 2. :box:

Sorry, Gainzo, but that just sounds like Patriot bias.

Who is a loud-mouth? Merriman? Gates? Honestly, I am not sure if I have ever heard Gates speak before. So, he's talking Super Bowl? I'm sure they don't think they are getting there on a free ride. That's less annoying to me than the Patriots "win one game in a row. 19 times" bull**** mantra.

The biggest loudmouth team in the league is the Giants, and no other team is remotely close.

That would also be the mantra of the Jets. One game at a time.

Am I a little bias with my Charger comments? Sure. That team needs to STFU and prove themselves in the playoffs.

Watch Merriman at a pep rally (is San Diego that lame?) before the Pats playoff game talking about smacking Brady in the mouth and then egging on the crowd as they chant Brady sucks.

yHyLlL01tGA

IMO: I think San Diego is a team of individuals.

That would also be the mantra of the Jets. One game at a time.

Yeah, but we never said "We didn't win 12 in a row. We won one in a row 12 times". That goes down as one of the corniest, most annoying things said about sports that I have ever heard.* I don't even remember who said it. Bruschi I think.

*-excludes anything said by Herman Edwards

Am I a little bias with my Charger comments? Sure. That team needs to STFU and prove themselves in the playoffs.

They had all the 06 playoff games on the other day, and i forgot how bad brady's numbers were against the Chargers. Pretty amazing they still pulled that game out, either way, it was fun to re-watch.

I never new Merriman was that big a punk, i dind't like him after the steroid thing, but yeah, that's a pretty lame chant.

ps- i did not re-watch the jets game...wonder why? :)

Dangerous statement to make right there - things never seem to go well when players are talking Super Bowl. Can anyone think of a - ahem - recent example - ahem.

Dangerous statement to make right there - things never seem to go well when players are talking Super Bowl. Can anyone think of a - ahem - recent example - ahem.

Its not even the Super Bowl statement that ticks me off it is the amount of individuals on that team.

They think they are a team but they aren't.

Real teams win at home in the playoffs. That is a foreign concept to the Chargers.

Its not even the Super Bowl statement that ticks me off it is the amount of individuals on that team.

They think they are a team but they aren't.

Real teams win at home in the playoffs. That is a foreign concept to the Chargers.

Who are all these individuals? You have mentioned Gates (who made one comment) and Merriman (who is douche-bag). Who else?

Well I don't really know what to say here. Merriman is definitly a punk - but I don't think Gates is at all. I do not see the Chargers making it to the Super Bowl - but it has much more to do with Rivers poor play in the second half last year than it does any trash talk.

lol, love the new chargers/pats feud.

I think what all the chargers mean is that last year they had an outstanding season but a letdown in the playoffs, and everyone can agree with that. This year it is most likely that their regular season will not be as successful, but that really does not matter as long as they get to the bowl. They can and likely will win less games then last year but there goal is not to win 14 games, it is to get to the bowl.

I live in the area, and have to listem to all the crap from them on a daily basis. Besides being the biggest bunch of bandwagon fans you have ever met, MerriRoid is a loudmouth punk, who should learn how to act in a respectable manner. Guys with twice his talent and numbers, show a lot more class than this punk does . It just makes me happy to know that they actually fear the Jets and anyone from the AFC east, since we have owned them the last few years.

Archived