Jets Odds to Win the SB

CapeCoralJetFan

NYJ odds to win AFC 23-1

NE " " 3-1

NYJ odds to win Super Bowl 40-1

NE " " 7-2

Houston " " 150-1

Source: Sportsnetwork

NE led in both catagories. They are still the team to beat. A victory opening day would be "AWESOME".

It sure would...It should also get us some well deserved respect, although it probably wont.

Im guessing the line will be Pats by 3 1/2... We wont know for sure because vegas doesnt release this stuff until the monday before the game...

I don't want to sound like a bad fan or anything....but Im a gambler...and if the line is Jet (+3.5), I'm taking the Pats. There is no shot this line is below 6 minus a huge Pats injury...I would guess Pats (-6.5-7.5)

it would be remarkable. what are the odds for the game.

the line is ne to win by 6 pts right now.

I think the jets being ranked #11 best team in a few rankings I saw gives much more respect than we've enjoyed in the past.

I'm not 1 for stats, polls or rankings though. the pats deserve their rankings. they played well last year & made some serious improvements on paper.

I'm just too impressed with mangini and our 2nd yr players not to be optimistic right now.

I think the jets being ranked #11 best team in a few rankings I saw gives much more respect than we've enjoyed in the past.

I'm not 1 for stats, polls or rankings though. the pats deserve their rankings. they played well last year & made some serious improvements on paper.

I'm just too impressed with mangini and our 2nd yr players not to be optimistic right now.

JW, be careful flashing that optimism around in public, it is known to attract jackoff patsie trolls who feel the need to pop in on a jets board to bring us back down to earth for our own good.

That doesn't surprise me at all considering the fact that the Pats are 6-1 on the road against the Jets since 2000 and have won by at least 7 points the last 3 seasons.

The Jets can beat the Pats in Foxboro (2000, 2001, 2002, 2006) but seem to have some kind of mental block when playing at home.

NYJ odds to win AFC 23-1

NE " " 3-1

NYJ odds to win Super Bowl 40-1

NE " " 7-2

Houston " " 150-1

Source: Sportsnetwork

NE led in both catagories. They are still the team to beat. A victory opening day would be "AWESOME".

The Colts are still the team to beat.

The Patriots off-season has been much better then the Colts, but until the Patriots beat them, they have no claim to the top spot.

With the Colts and Chargers, plus many prime challengers (Ravens, Steelers, Broncos and even the Jets) in a one game playoff, the Patriots are not the team to beat. Do not get me wrong, they are up there, but until they are the healthiest and with the best record entering week 17, they are not the team to beat.

That doesn't surprise me at all considering the fact that the Pats are 6-1 on the road against the Jets since 2000 and have won by at least 7 points the last 3 seasons.

The Jets can beat the Pats in Foxboro (2000, 2001, 2002, 2006) but seem to have some kind of mental block when playing at home.

And other than, how many, 3 players, what else do today's Jets have in common with the Jets from 2000 - 2002? Not to mention a new FO and Coaching staff.

And other than, how many, 3 players, what else do today's Jets have in common with the Jets from 2000 - 2002? Not to mention a new FO and Coaching staff.

I was trying to point out why the guys in Vegas have set the line at 6.5. Do you think the sports books want to lose money? I don't think so.

ok gainzo & I have no problem with the line being 6,7 or 10

i'm just not giving any credence whatsoever to what happened between jets & pats prior to mangini being on board

i'm liking the home field advantage week 1

I was trying to point out why the guys in Vegas have set the line at 6.5. Do you think the sports books want to lose money? I don't think so.

Listing historical trends is what the talking heads in suits do to justify predictions. I have to believe the guys that really make the lines rely more on fundemental analysis vs technical analysis.

disregard my rant than gainzo........... I am bias when it comes to game 1 cause i'm a jetfan.

I think the bookies are the most accurate source available for predicting the outcome in any sport.

if the line goes to 7, I wouldn't hesitate to bet on the game.

I don't want to sound like a bad fan or anything....but Im a gambler...and if the line is Jet (+3.5), I'm taking the Pats. There is no shot this line is below 6 minus a huge Pats injury...I would guess Pats (-6.5-7.5)

I thought I saw someplace the early odds were Pats by 6.

I thought I saw someplace the early odds were Pats by 6.

you did, gainzo prolly offered the most recent at 6.5. early $$$ is being bet on the pats, & frankly I can't argue it. history & common sense all point to the pats.

we jet fans know how good we're gonna be & how well we're gonna execute.

anyone remember the buffalo opener when they spanked the pats but pats went on to win the sb?

you did, gainzo prolly offered the most recent at 6.5. early $$$ is being bet on the pats, & frankly I can't argue it. history & common sense all point to the pats.

we jet fans know how good we're gonna be & how well we're gonna execute.

anyone remember the buffalo opener when they spanked the pats but pats went on to win the sb?

I don't gamble but those guys in Vegas know what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if the line was down to 3.5 on Sept 8th.

The same coaching staff for the Jets lost by 7 points at home to the Pats last year.

I don't gamble but those guys in Vegas know what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if the line was down to 3.5 on Sept 8th.

The same coaching staff for the Jets lost by 7 points at home to the Pats last year.

I agree with the bookies accuracy as I stated earlier. I expect the line to remain around 6 (barring injuries) and all the indicators point to it being a fair assessment when you look at last year & what happened on paper in the offseason. I just think the jets are gonna come out very well prepared, confident and really hungry.

I expect a real hardfought battle but am giving the edge to the home team

ok gainzo & I have no problem with the line being 6,7 or 10

i'm just not giving any credence whatsoever to what happened between jets & pats prior to mangini being on board

i'm liking the home field advantage week 1

the line for the game in patsieland last yr was 10.5 to NE...

I think we defied those odds. :)

As for the Pats and Jets, it should be interesting, as neither team has a very good track record on week 1.

the line for the game in patsieland last yr was 10.5 to NE...

I think we defied those odds. :)

As for the Pats and Jets, it should be interesting, as neither team has a very good track record on week 1.

our week 1 record under mangini is 100% wins to date

Archived